notsolostsoul

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

When hearing or reading the words just seem like lies. When the word bares no substance within. When the word seems to just be empty. What do you do?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

You have to remember this, the first person who felt like God's word was not the truth was Eve.  That's because the serpent [devil] told her and persuaded her that what God said was not "exactly" true.  And then he told her that what God said was a lie - he said, "You surely won't die."

The devil has being lying to humanity about what God says ever since.

Sometimes the Bible may be confusing or hard to interpret/understand/apply. That's why we need to pray when we read and to have more mature Christians to lead and guide us in understanding. But the word is never a lie.

Take comfort from the words of Jesus to the Pharisees:  "You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies."  If there are any lies here - it's of the devil, not God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, notsolostsoul said:

When hearing or reading the words just seem like lies. When the word bares no substance within. When the word seems to just be empty. What do you do?

The Word of God (Bible) tells us of this reality (as to where you are)

1 Corinthians 2:14 (KJV)

[14] But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

What God is speaking of here - we all have been at one time *spiritually dead* 'natural man' we all have been born! We were totally dependent on our senses sight, sound, smell, taste and touch to learn and grow by. However all those senses are directly dependent upon the world in which we were born in. Now according to God's Word we gave this world to satan when we followed his word in the garden in the beginning... and if you noticed this world is death, disease, famine and increasing in mess upon mess- I would phrase it hopeless! Yet if this is your total dependence upon which (your all) is  then you as well will reflect hopelessness... So if your wanting hope it makes sense to look for it somewhere other than here in this world!

Now to answer your question "what do you do"
Read the Gospel of John then come back here and let's talk about what is there!
Love, Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

2 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Could you provide an example of a verse of that relates to your question .   The Bible has to be read at least once from cover to cover.   Then when reading it a second and more times, you can use the tools, like concordance, Bible dictionary and others that are free online to assist you in getting a  better picture.   God does not leave his children to grasp at straws, he first provide the Holy Spirit as a teacher and guide and as you go along  the many pathways that you would encounter to shed light things previously difficult for you to comprehend.   Like you, some things still is difficult for me to grasp as others seem too, but i refuse to quit and ask those i may come across as learned for their input.   keep pressing on.    

If you believe in God, then you know he is not a liar.   If you believe the Bible is the word of God, then it does not contain lies.   The devil is a liar and all that is in his camp.   

Hebrews 4   King James Version (KJV)

12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

3 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Take a moment away from the book you're reading and have a good old fashioned one on one with God in prayer?  God came before the bible after all. God's spirit inspired the bible that has been through a whole lot of translations over the centuries. And even the originals aren't there anymore. What we have are copies, of copies, of copies handed down to become what is bound and titled Holy Bible. 

But God comes first. And God is what you believe in as a Christian. Not the bible. We read the bible. But we believe in God, right?  If none of it makes sense maybe God's telling you to rely on him so as to know he's there speaking in your heart in the first place. And then when you attune to that maybe then the words in the bible will come to make more sense. 

The bible isn't meant to be understood by believers. That's what I've been told since I found my way there. It was meant to be understood by those who are led by the holy spirit to read it and find the deeper meaning behind it all that is on the page. That to those who don't believe in God or Jesus see and to them doesn't make sense. 

Not saying you are having issues because you're not a believer. I'm saying that maybe we baby Christians need to get in touch with the spirit of God first in that one on one relationship when we encounter these kind of confusions reading the bible. Then when we're secure in that communication we can better get what's being said in the word of God in the scriptures. 

Hope that helps. That's how I see it anyway. 

Edited by lemurchampagne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Pray for God to give you knowledge and open your heart and your mind to the Holy words which you are about to read.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  505
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

John 10:35
“The Scriptures cannot be discredited”.

If Jesus (Who is God) believed in the Word then that's good enough.

50 minutes ago, When Is Jesus Coming? said:

John 10:35
“The Scriptures cannot be discredited”.

If Jesus (Who is God) believed in the Word then that's good enough.

But , The Word, was God. Which was before the writings in scripture came to be. Faith is generated from God, not what is written of God. God's grace is bestowed by God himself, not because we read of God and his grace. What of the whole of that chapter 10 in John? What is to be gleaned from that in its entirety? The message beyond what was written that the Jews charging blasphemy against Jesus sought to stone him in defense of what they believed in scripture. When the man that was God himself was The Word become flesh and of much higher authority than the legend and the scrolls of the prophets. And yet in defense of those scrolls a group of Jewish men sought to kill the source that inspired the written word to come into being. 

Sound familiar in today's context? John 10 and that part of the passage is here.

31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?” 33 The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said, you are gods’? 35 If he called them gods to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be broken—36 do you say of him whom the Father consecrated and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? 37 If I am not doing the works of my Father, then do not believe me; 38 but if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.” 39 Again they sought to arrest him, but he escaped from their hands.

40 He went away again across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing at first, and there he remained. 41 And many came to him. And they said, “John did no sign, but everything that John said about this man was true.” 42 And many believed in him there.

However when the Spirit of truth comes, 
he will guide you into all truth. 
.. and he will show you things to come. John 16:13-14

But the Comforter, who is the Holy Spirit 
and whom the Father will send in my name,