"Glories" of Mary

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

"Saint" Alphonsus Liguori long ago wrote a painfully long treatise on the "Glories of Mary", basically a 750 page work on prayers and supplications to Mary
 going back 1200 years or so.

I highly recommend Catholics read it, as it may give them cause to rethink their membership in the Roman Catholic or Orthodox Catholic Church. 

The introduction alone is enough to make any true Crhistian believer physically ill, never mind the rest of it.

Just to name one tine example of honors given to a dead woman that belong to God alone, read a quote from St. Bonaventure

236 GLORIES OF MARY. 

Wherefore St. Bonaventure says, encouraging every sinner: If thou 
fearest, on account of thy sins, that an angry 
God may wish to avenge himself upon thee, 
what art thou to do? Go to the hope of sinners, 
namely, Mary; and if thou f earest that she will 
refuse to take thy part, know that she cannot 
refuse to defend thy cause, for God himself has 
assigned her the office of relieving the wretched.* 
And what does the Abbot Adam say? Should 
a sinner fear being lost, to whom the mother 
of his judge offers herself as his mother and ad- 
vocate?f And then the same writer adds: Oh 
Mary! who art mother of mercy, couldst thou 
refuse to pray thy Son, who is judge, for another 
son, who is the criminal? Canst thou refuse to 
intercede in behalf of a redeemed soul with the 
Redeemer, w r ho, for no other end than to save 
sinners, died on the cross?J No, thou wilt not 
refuse, but earnestly wilt employ thyself in 
praying for all those who invoke thee, well knowing that the same Lord who hath constituted thy Son mediator of peace between God 
and man, has at the same time made thee mediatrix between the Judge and the criminal

http://www.archive.org/stream/thegloriesofmary00liguuoft/thegloriesofmary00liguuoft_djvu.txt

There is ONE God and ONE MEDIATOR between God and man, the man Christ Jesus. 
To even suggest that Jesus the King still has to listen to His earthly mother (for that is all she is His EARTHLY mother not His mother in heaven) is to put her ABOVE 
Jesus

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Hi there, 

Cool. I for one don't think there is anything wrong with having respect for Mary. She was chosen above all women by God to bring Jesus into our world after all. I don't plan on worshiping Mary as I do Jesus and God but I do think that she's not to be ignored as the vessel by which our chance at a better life and eternity was praised by God first. 

Thank you for the link. I didn't want your work to go unappreciated with no replies here. 

Love ya, 

Lemur

23 hours ago, lemurchampagne said:

Hi there, 

Cool. I for one don't think there is anything wrong with having respect for Mary. She was chosen above all women by God to bring Jesus into our world after all. I don't plan on worshiping Mary as I do Jesus and God but I do think that she's not to be ignored as the vessel by which our chance at a better life and eternity was praised by God first. 

Thank you for the link. I didn't want your work to go unappreciated with no replies here. 

Love ya, 

Lemur

Luv ya too hun. Of course we should always love and respect Mary but Catholics always put her on the same level as God, and even ABOVE God since this papist puke in the form of the Glories of Mary claims that God HAS to OBEY HER and that MARY saves us and we cant get to Christ without HER.

I plan on reading some more of this stuff when I have the time so I can post them later

27 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Luv ya too hun. Of course we should always love and respect Mary but Catholics always put her on the same level as God, and even ABOVE God since this papist puke in the form of the Glories of Mary claims that God HAS to OBEY HER and that MARY saves us and we cant get to Christ without HER.

I plan on reading some more of this stuff when I have the time so I can post them later

I don't agree with all that which the Catholic tradition teaches on Mary. Though I think compassion calls me to consider that we humans will make complicated that which is simply divine. And I take heart in knowing too that many a Roman Catholic has departed the church to find their way outside its traditions. And for me that is as God wills when his Spirit inside them calls them forth and out. 

Maybe one day the exodus will speak even unto the Pope and give him insight as to where he sits is the constructed complicated blueprint that created that throne of man. Wouldn't that be something to behold? Breaking News! The Pope leaves the Catholic faith. 

1 hour ago, lemurchampagne said:

I don't agree with all that which the Catholic tradition teaches on Mary. Though I think compassion calls me to consider that we humans will make complicated that which is simply divine. And I take heart in knowing too that many a Roman Catholic has departed the church to find their way outside its traditions. And for me that is as God wills when his Spirit inside them calls them forth and out. 

Maybe one day the exodus will speak even unto the Pope and give him insight as to where he sits is the constructed complicated blueprint that created that throne of man. Wouldn't that be something to behold? Breaking News! The Pope leaves the Catholic faith. 

I totally agree with most of that though there are many who believe that the Pope will be the False Prophet

6 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

I totally agree with most of that though there are many who believe that the Pope will be the False Prophet

I think of how many in history have been thought to be that.

I just watched a Jim Baker program, and he doesn't look anything like himself when he was with Tammy Faye,  wherein a author guest said that the current president of Turkey fits many of the identifiers himself. 

It will come to pass in God's own time. I ain't worried. 

1 minute ago, lemurchampagne said:

I just watched a Jim Baker program, and he doesn't look anything like himself when he was with Tammy Faye,  wherein a author guest said that the current president of Turkey fits many of the identifiers himself. 

Oh no....the current prez of Turkey will be the Antichrist or may be. As there are many Turkish references to the A/c in the bible that does suggest that he might fit the bill as the a/c

Jim Bakker.....hope you dont take that guy seriously. Trust me the man is a fraud

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Matrix

I do believe your only intention here is to expose this false doctrine but imo the only Way for any catholic to recognize falsehoods & deception is to Receive Gods Truth,His Word,unadulterated ......I do believe most would read the OP & say....."Okay,so....?"

It may be of some benefit for some Born Again Christians to get an idea of what the rcc teaches,that is exactly what the nuns tried to fill my head with in catholic school....

With love-in Christ,Kwik

17 hours ago, lemurchampagne said:

More of the blasphemies of the Glories of Mary

This divine mother, with her powerful prayers and assistance, has obtained for us paradise, if we place no obstacle to our entrance there. Wherefore those who are servants of Mary, and for whom Mary intercedes, are as secure of paradise as if they were already there. J To serve Mary and to belong to her court, adds St. John 
of Damascus, is the greatest honor we can attain; for to serve the queen of heaven is to reign already in heaven, and to live in obedience to her commands is more than to reign. (honestly where is Jesus here? We dont attain heaven by serving a false demonic Queen of Heaven)

On the other hand, he says that those who do not serve Mary will not be saved; whilst those who are deprived of the support of this great mother, are deprived of the succor of the Son, and of all the celestial court.* (ummmm Excuse me? Those who havent accepted Jesus as Lord and SAviour will not be saved. We do not EVER serve Mary, but God ALONE!!)

Forever praised be the infinite goodness of our God who has constituted Mary our advocate in heaven, that she, as mother of the judge and mother of mercy may efficaciously by her intercession, order the great aif air of our eternal salvation. (She is NOT His mother in heaven; we have only ONE Advocate in Jesus Christ and she is not the Mother of Mercy, that is a title that belongs to Jesus Christ and no other) This sentiment is taken from St. Bernard. And James the Monk, esteemed a doctor among the Greek fathers, says that God has made Mary a bridge of salvation (sorry that too is Jesus alone) , by which we are enabled to pass over the waves of this world, and reach the blessed port of paradise. Hence St. Bonaventure exclaims: Hear, oh ye people who desire paradise; serve and honor Mary, and you will certainly find life eternal. (Serve and honor Jesus and no other)

Not even those who deserve hell should despair of attaining the kingdom of the blessed, if they faithfully devote themselves to the service of this queen. Sinners, says St. Germanus,have sought to find God by thy means, oh Mary and have been saved!* Richard of St. Laurence remarks that Mary is said by St. John to be crowned with stars. f On the other hand, in the sacred Canticles, the Virgin is said to be crowned with wild beast, lions and panthers: "Come from Libanus, my spouse, come from Libanus, come; thou shalt be crowned from the dens of the lions, from the mountains of the leopards."; What does this signify? Richard answers that those wild beasts are those sinners, who, through the favor and intercession of Mary, have become stars of paradise, which are a crown more worthy of this queen of mercy, than all the material stars of heaven. The servant of the Lord, sister Seraphina da Capri, as we read in her life, in her prayers to the most holy Virgin during the Novena of her assumption, asked of her the conversion of a thousand sinners; but as she feared that her demands were too extravagant, the Virgin appeared to her, and reproved her for this her vain fear, saying to her: "Why do you fear? am I not powerful enough to obtain for thee from my Son the salvation of a thousand sinners? Be hold them, I have already obtained it." (Mary has no power to save. This liar is making Mary more powerful than Christ)

15 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Matrix

I do believe your only intention here is to expose this false doctrine but imo the only Way for any catholic to recognize falsehoods & deception is to Receive Gods Truth,His Word,unadulterated ......I do believe most would read the OP & say....."Okay,so....?"

It may be of some benefit for some Born Again Christians to get an idea of what the rcc teaches,that is exactly what the nuns tried to fill my head with in catholic school....

With love-in Christ,Kwik

It is likely however that many RCs arent even fully aware of this blasphemy. If they could be brought to awareness of the depths of this evil that might open their eyes.