• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

More....

Mary Is the treasurer of all the divine graces (<--belongs to Jesus alone); therefore he who desires graces, should have recourse to Mary; and he who has recourse to Mary, should be secure of obtaining the graces he wishes.

DISCOURSE VII. ON THR ASSUMPTION OF MARY. How precious was the death of Mary. 1st. By the favors which accompanied it. 2d. By the manner in which it took place.. 47ft DISCOURSE VIII. ANOTHER DISCOURSE ON THE ASSUMPTION OF MARY. let. How glorious was the triumph of Mary when she ascended to heaven! 2d. How exalted was the throne to which she was raised in heaven

The assumption of Mary was a false teaching adopted from pagan traditions.

* And for the same reason it may be said, that if she brought forth Jesus Christ, the head of the Church, without pain, she did not bring forth the body of this head without pain.

Another lie adopted from paganism, Gnosticism I think.]

From the moment that Mary consented, adds St. Bernardine of Sienna, to become the mother of the Eternal Word, she merited the title of queen of the world and all creatures.

SCRIPTURE PLEASE! We all know what the bible really says about the Queen of anything.

If Jesus is the king of the whole world, Mary is also queen of the whole world says St. Bernardine of Sienna, all creatures who serve God ought also to serve Mary; for all an gels and men, and all things that are in heaven and on earth being subject to the dominion of God, are also subject to the dominion of the glorious Virgin 

Something else adopted from mother/child cults as the son was also usually the husband of the mother. (Read Two Babylons). As for the rest of it, we cannot serve two masters.

Therefore the Prophet David predicted that God himself, if I may thus express it, would consecrate Mary queen of mercy, anointing her with the oil of gladness,! in order that all of us miserable children of Adam might rejoice in the thought of having in heaven that great queen, so full of the unction of mercy and pity for us;

Umm excuse me where did David speak of Mary? Nowhere. If the passage here is referring to Psalm 45

Psalms 45:7 

Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows

That has nothing whatever to do with Mary or any woman.

Catholics, I urge you to read this stuff, pray for guidance and REPENT. Leave the Catholic church for if you continue with her and her pagan doctrines you will perish. 

Will post more later

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,054
  • Content Per Day:  15.36

That is the problem.  Getting Roman Catholics to read the Bible so people know what is in there, and what is not.  The doctrines of the devil are meant to rob the Godhead of its deserved glory, make little of grace, and make of no consequence the sacrifice Jesus made on our behalf. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:58 AM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

That is the problem.  Getting Roman Catholics to read the Bible so people know what is in there, and what is not

Oh I agree totally. But even if the Catholics HERE don't respond to my post (and thus actually READ the bible with an open mind pushing aside for a moment the corrupt Catholic interpretation and learn to compare Catholic teaching with the bible,) they might later.

We cant push them.

And you never know if there are silent readers here too.

More of this evil

Then, oh my most sweet Lady, if thy office is, as William of Paris eays, to interpose as a mediatrix between the sinner and God,* I will ay to thee with St. Thomas of Villanova: Ah, then, oh ou? advocate, fulfil thy office.f Fulfil at once thy office also in my behalf. Do not tell me that my cause is too difficult to be gained; for I know, and all tell me, that no cause, how ever desperate, if defended by thee, was ever lost; and will mine be lost? No, I fear not this. I have only to fear, when I behold the multitude of my sins, that thou wilt not undertake my defence; but considering thy vast compassion and the great desire that fills thy most loving heart to help the vilest sinners, I no longer fear even this. And who was ever lost that had recourse to thee? I invoke, then, thy aid, oh my great advocate, my refuge, my hope, and my mother Mary. To thy hands I commit the cause of my eternal salvation. To thee I consign my soul;  ARGH...where is my Pepto Bismol....

240 GLORIES OF MARY. it was lost, but thou must save it. I alwayi thank the Lord that he gives me this great confidence in thee, which, notwithstanding my unworthiness, I believe will secure my salva tion. One fear alone remains to afflict me, my beloved queen: it is, that I may one day lose, through my neglect, this confidence in thee. Therefore I pray thee, oh Mary, by all thy love for thy Jesus, to preserve and increase more and more in me this most sweet confidence in thy intercession, by which I certainly hope to recover the divine friendship, which I have hitherto so foolishly despised and lost; and once having recovered it, I hope by thy means to preserve il; and preserving it, I hope finally through thee to go one day and thank thee for it in paradise, and there to sing the mercies of God and thine through all eternity. Amen, Thus I hope, so may it be, and so it shall be!

He is making Mary his Saviour. Barely paying lip service to Jesus.

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:58 AM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

That is the problem.  Getting Roman Catholics to read the Bible so people know what is in there, and what is not.  The doctrines of the devil are meant to rob the Godhead of its deserved glory, make little of grace, and make of no consequence the sacrifice Jesus made on our behalf. 

Oooh I added to my last post but then found something even more vile underneath that passage

ST. EPIPHANIUS calls the blessed Virgin, "Multoculam ;" that is, one who has many eyes, that she may relieve our miseries on this earth. One day, when a person possessed was being exorcised, the devil was asked by the exorcist what Mary was then doing. The Evil One replied: She is descending and ascending;"* by which he intended to say, that this gracious Lady does nothing else than descend upon the earth to bring graces to men, and ascend to heaven to obtain there the divine blessing on our supplications. Rightly, then, was the holy Virgin named by St. Andrew of Avellino, the active power of paradise; for she is contin ually employed in deeds of mercy, imploring favors for all, for the just and for sinners. "The eyes of the Lord are upon the just," says David;but the eyes of our Lady are upon the just and upon sinners,* as Richard of St. Laurence says; for he adds: The eyes of Mary are the eyes of a mother; and the mother not only guards her child from falling, but if he falls, she hastens to raise him

Ok...so Mary is all knowing and all seeing? And Mary sees more than God does?? If that does not making her a goddess then I don't know what is....Just emptied out my Pepto gotta go buy a bigger bottle

(Ok I like to make people laugh but I am being serious here because I love Catholics and don't want to see any of them lost.

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

Source: Worship of Mary

The worship of Mary began around 431 AD, sometime after the worship of angels and saints, and also after prayers for the dead were promoted.  This Roman Catholic timeline below is extremely interesting to me, a former (Praise Jesus) Roman Catholic.  It ties the "doctrine" of Roman Catholicism to Paganism.

Source: Catholic Timeline

• 2 weeks later...

Source: Mariology

Mariology

The Virgin Mary as perceived by the Roman Catholic Church Mariology is the theology of Roman Catholicism that affords devotion to Mary. "Does this mean the Catholics worship Mary? Well, yes and no. Publicly, the Roman Catholic Church does not afford Mary the same status as Jesus. However, their reverence for her goes beyond their admiration for even the saints. The Catholic Encyclopedia details a view of Mary that it admits is not Biblical. Their view of her life and her role originate in Catholic tradition -- that is, the writings of the popes and theologians, rather than in the Bible." Contender Ministries

Summary of the issues

• The following is extracted from a larger work at Ankerberg Theological Research Institute.^[1]^

Significant areas of Catholic doctrine and practice are related to the person and work of Mary. Her unique relationship to God is usually discussed in a trinity of functions: 1) Co-Redemptrix, 2) Mediatrix, and 3) Queen of Heaven. As Co-Redemptrix, she cooperates with Christ in the work of saving sinners. As Mediatrix of all graces, she now dispenses God’s blessings and grace to the spiritually needy. As Queen of Heaven, she rules providentially with Christ the King of Heaven.^[2]^ Although views in the Church vary, Mary has usually been elevated above all the prophets, apostles, saints, popes and even the Catholic Church. In the words of Pope Paul VI, "...the place she occupies in the Church: [is] ‘the highest place and the closest to us after Jesus.’"^ [3]^

Consider just a few titles of the almost innumerable books glorifying Mary: Mary the Mother of Redemption; Mary: Queen of Apostles; Mary: Queen of Peace; The Glories of Mary; Mary: Cause of Our Joy and Mary of Nazareth.

Sad, isn't it?

15 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Source: Mariology

Sad, isn't it?

Totally. Its almost as if they are scared to death to come to Christ alone. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,069
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Loving the darkness... not wanting the lightexclamation GASP.jpg

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

Only a fool would believe that Mary was sinless in lieu of Romans 5:12... "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."  Of course, the Catholics, in an attempt to cover up one lie, had to fabricate another lie--the Assumption of Mary.  If Mary never sinned, then how could she die, because the Bible says the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23). 

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1

Unfortunately the veneration the Catholic Church gives Mary is not something that is even close to Biblical. Nor are all the doctrines that have been added about her over the years. (Immaculate Conception, Co-Redemtrix, Mediator/Dispenser of All Graces, Bodily Assumption etc) Not to mention all the shrines built to honour her and the pilgrimages made to these shrines by thousands every year.

One has only to do a simple search for "Marian prayers" to see more examples of what was shared in this thread. While not all Catholics see her in the same way, even the Rosary presents many concerns, with more "Hail Marys" said by far than "Our Fathers", not to mention the prohibition Scripture gives to praying by "vain repetition."

There are actually some Catholics that "consecrate" themselves specifically to Mary, and even consider themselves her "slaves". There are actually prayers that say just that as well.

My maternal grandparents were Catholic and my mother was raised Catholic. Her oldest sister was a nun for about 15 years as well. I've done a lot of research into the Catholic Church because of this, and also attended quite a few Masses personally.

I too care about Catholics and want them to come away from giving praise and honour to another human being, who, although certainly blessed, as the Bible says, is not to be given adoration and glory that belongs to God alone.