WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,278
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - Russia’s ongoing crackdown on religious minorities, foreign missionaries, and evangelists has earned it a spot among the worst countries in the world for religious freedom.

The US Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF), which flags religious freedom violators for the State Department, listed the former Soviet state among six new Tier 1 “countries of particular concern” (CPC) in its latest annual report, released Wednesday.

It is the first time in the commission’s almost 20-year history that Russia has made the list. A total of 16 countries currently hold the CPC designation, and another dozen are being reviewed as Tier 2. [ Source ]

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Yep and you can blame much of that on Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons and thier  door knocking

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

You mean no Scientology? 
Ever? :43:

Edited by lemurchampagne

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

The Orthodox Christian faith is the foremost religion in Russia. Putin is Orthodox.

I can't say I blame them for refusing to tolerate the tenets of Jehovah's Witness, or Mormonism, or even Xenu for that matter. ;)

Jehovah's Witness makes no sense whatever. Mormonism does not either. It's founder was less than qualified to call himself a man of God.

Russia isn't going to suffer Islamic extremism within its borders. The one true faith they uphold as Orthodoxy being there is nothing in scripture that says all other faiths are righteous and of God. Christianity is an exclusive identity. One God. One way to God. With this order and certainly more to come, Russia can one day be said to actually be a Christian nation.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

53 minutes ago, lemurchampagne said:

You mean no Scientology? 
Ever? :43:

A few less couches for Tom to jump on. Imagine that.  :laugh: A religion created by a Sci-Fi writer.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

It takes all kinds to make the world go around. That's what my grandpa said once. It takes a special kind to get as deep into Hubbard's fiction as has Tom Cruise. Did you see his video interview about the church. Very unfortunate being he's someone's father. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

Pres. Valdimir Putin has given great power back to Russian Orthodox Church (part of larger Eastern Orthodox Church). The ROC (Russian Orthodox Church) is shutting down all competition. This is two pronged, on one hand it is to create monopoly during Eastern Orthodox Resurgence (that is sweeping America now, Hank Hanegraaff the Bible Answer Man just converted to Eastern Orthodoxy) and second prong is that Russia has been having problems with cults like the Jehovah Witnesses stirring up unrest and dissidence. As a Western I know that curbing problems with overreach and totalitarianesque techniques is recipe for failure as well as creating a revolt.

I have been studying Eastern Orthodoxy for five years,  I even attended a vigil, talked to monks, and read literature. I am concerned by major draw to it, because unlike Catholics who profess a works based salvation via the Sacraments, The Orthodox call Salvation a mystery, and when press them to answer how you know your saved, they say its a mystery, but there is no mystery, the answer is "If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by openly declaring your faith that you are saved," (Romans 10:9-10), and "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day." (John 6:40).

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

On 4/28/2017 at 3:56 PM, JoshuasonFlower said:

The Orthodox Christian faith is the foremost religion in Russia. Putin is Orthodox.

I can't say I blame them for refusing to tolerate the tenets of Jehovah's Witness, or Mormonism, or even Xenu for that matter. ;)

Jehovah's Witness makes no sense whatever. Mormonism does not either. It's founder was less than qualified to call himself a man of God.

Russia isn't going to suffer Islamic extremism within its borders. The one true faith they uphold as Orthodoxy being there is nothing in scripture that says all other faiths are righteous and of God. Christianity is an exclusive identity. One God. One way to God. With this order and certainly more to come, Russia can one day be said to actually be a Christian nation.

Once a government can ban one religion, real or fake, there's nothing to stop them from banning ALL religions.  Think long and hard before you say banning such false religions as the JWs is a good idea.

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

Its a good thing Christianity isn't a religion;)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, worthy said:

Its a good thing Christianity isn't a religion;)

Well, that's a good point but I'm not sure the Russians and other totalitarian regimes know that.