• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,182
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

10 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

Does Satan need God's permission to do what He does or not?

Plus,God knew what would become of Lucifer before He ever made him.  

Hi spiderman,

I think you are asking a very important question. We are not to have `blind` faith but believe what God has shown in His word. This question gets right to the heart of God`s eternal purposes in Christ Jesus.

`God...having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposes in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times, He might gather in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth - in Him.` (Eph. 1: 9 & 10)

This means that every realm and rulership will come under the Lord Jesus Christ, the glorified Son of God, who will bring everything in unity and harmony, (one).

God gave a mighty angel, Lucifer authority, but he showed he was morally corrupt. God gave man authority, but he also showed that he was too. God knew this would happen, but He is showing that no one, angel or man can morally handle great authority and power when given them.

The very key to God`s plan is that Jesus, manifested as a man, lived a morally pure life, and died for our sins, and overcame the enemy who usurped control in the principalities & powers area. Because man legally gave Satan sway over him and therefore mankind, Jesus took back that dominion over the earth as He never gave it away. So now - why the delay in getting it all sorted out.

`...we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.` (1 Cor. 2: 6 - 8)

God didn`t reveal His purpose that Christ would be resurrected & ascend into glory, a man, a glorified man. He then sent His Holy Spirit with His life, that is planted in each of us, believers, and we grow, having the divine nature of God. There will be the mature Body of Christ with the Lord in the third heaven ruling and reigning with Him. Other groups are for different realms. However we press toward the high, the on top calling in Christ Jesus.

Satan did not know that by killing Jesus, that actually he would be opening up the way for a whole group of mankind, to dwell in the heavens, higher even than Lucifer`s authority previously. The time element is for the maturing of the Body of Christ, & in the millennium for Israel to learn to rule the nations of the world. It all has to do with leadership, rulership and the preparations of different groups for their different eternal inheritances in Christ Jesus.

Marilyn. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Spiderman....

Here is an analogy for you.....maybe it will sink in this way?

There is a jewel thief,he spots a brand new jewelry store with many precious gems ,gold & silver.......he eyes it up,it has an alarm & some flimsy gates but he wants those jewels ....will he say to himself"Oh no,its illegal to break in,I better not" or will he say"I can get past that flimsy gate & bypass the alarm"....& so he does,knowing very well it is illegal,he is trespassing,breaking & entering in private property.....then he sees the owner but he is not impressed because he himself has a gun & the owner is unarmed.....then he hears a siren  & he thinks "Uh oh,I better get out of here & starts to pack his back.....but as he is brazingly scrutinizing his next move he sees a policeman,with the badge.....the AUTHORITY was called in & he head for the hills,drops his bag of goodies & takes off 

THats us,we are PRIVATE PROPERTY,the devil knows very well he has no legal right to trespass but the owner has come unarmed,he is powerless  against the enemy ....BUT the owner of the store knows he can call on the AUTHORITY......no power can stand against the Authority who is all powerf

WE must be on guard & understand the Power & Authority we have been afforded by Jesus Finished Work on the cross....no weapon formed against us shall prosper(Isaiah 54:17)    First "recognize"(the alarm ).....Be firmly established in Gods Word(strong gates & security system)........Know WHO we are in Christ(Authority) .....And the Sword of the Spirit is the (Power),weapon of warfare

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, kwikphilly said:

Spiderman....

Here is an analogy for you.....maybe it will sink in this way?

There is a jewel thief,he spots a brand new jewelry store with many precious gems ,gold & silver.......he eyes it up,it has an alarm & some flimsy gates but he wants those jewels ....will he say to himself"Oh no,its illegal to break in,I better not" or will he say"I can get past that flimsy gate & bypass the alarm"....& so he does,knowing very well it is illegal,he is trespassing,breaking & entering in private property.....then he sees the owner but he is not impressed because he himself has a gun & the owner is unarmed.....then he hears a siren  & he thinks "Uh oh,I better get out of here & starts to pack his back.....but as he is brazingly scrutinizing his next move he sees a policeman,with the badge.....the AUTHORITY was called in & he head for the hills,drops his bag of goodies & takes off 

THats us,we are PRIVATE PROPERTY,the devil knows very well he has no legal right to trespass but the owner has come unarmed,he is powerless  against the enemy ....BUT the owner of the store knows he can call on the AUTHORITY......no power can stand against the Authority who is all powerf

WE must be on guard & understand the Power & Authority we have been afforded by Jesus Finished Work on the cross....no weapon formed against us shall prosper(Isaiah 54:17)    First "recognize"(the alarm ).....Be firmly established in Gods Word(strong gates & security system)........Know WHO we are in Christ(Authority) .....And the Sword of the Spirit is the (Power),weapon of warfare

I have an analogy as well.  If a police man has Ted Bundy handcuffed and in the back seat of his car and He unlocks the cuffs and lets Bundy run free, that cop is partially responsible for the murders that follow.

Likewise, the Devil is defeated.  God essentially has him cuffed and shackled.  The Devil can harm no one unless God gives him permission to.  But God gives the devil the freedom to harm people knowing he will do it.

If a policeman unshackled and uncuffed an obvious killer and let him run free, and he killed more people, we would say that policeman has blood on his hands.  The policeman would be charged with a crime and share some of the responsibility.  The same is true with God and Satan.  God lets his defeated prisoner run free knowing exactly what he will do and the harm he will cause.  God is partially responsible.  It is obvious!

16 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

You can read Rev 12, and see that Satan is going to step up his game, and God will allow that, and at the same time, limit it. God is in control, and nothing escapes His notice. For all Satan's efforts, he cannot outplay nor out smart God, and ultimately  ends up accomplishing God's will.

Satan played his part, of sending Jesus to the cross, but it was God's plan and foreknowledge, that this is the way Satan would be defeated (Acts 2:23). It probably seemed to Satan like a good idea. Well, it WAS a good idea, it was God's idea. 

Amen!  So true.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

Spiderman.....it is a rare occasion that I say,"its probably no use" but it is high time I kick the dust from my feet & go where my Lord God is Well Received......As far as I am concerned you have your finite carnal mind made up,unwilling  to Receive Gods Infinite Wisdom & Understanding-I believe it is only to justify being unaccountable,I don't feel you are hopeless,my HOPE remains in Christ and perhaps someday you will be receptive..... you are in my prayers                                                            God Bless<kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, spiderman1917 said:

Amen!  So true.

Reading that response to Omegaman, I know now how you see things. I just think it may not be understood by many people. Gods sovereignty ultimately makes God in authority and therefore in control of all in his creation. Anything that Satan does is therefore part of God's plan. In that way God is culpable for what Satan does among God's created. Because Satan exists because God lets him be himself. 

I get what you're driving at spiderman. 

46 minutes ago, Happinessity said:

Reading that response to Omegaman, I know now how you see things. I just think it may not be understood by many people. Gods sovereignty ultimately makes God in authority and therefore in control of all in his creation. Anything that Satan does is therefore part of God's plan. In that way God is culpable for what Satan does among God's created. Because Satan exists because God lets him be himself. 

Amen!  Thank you! :)

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/08/1950

Hi Spiderman

You know, the more time you spend thinking about what the devil does, the less time you have to love, thank, praise, worship and serve our wonderful Father, Our Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit who teaches us?  These things you are talking about are essentially pointless - just do what really matters!  Love and serve God with your whole heart, ask Him to reveal to you what He really wants you to do in the life we have here on earth.  The time we spend here is an apprenticeship for heaven - nothing matters more than what you invest into the kingdom of God.  Read the Word and follow His commandments.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:56 PM, spiderman1917 said:

Does Satan need God's permission to do what He does or not?

Plus,God knew what would become of Lucifer before He ever made him.  

11 hours ago, Happinessity said:

Here is the eternity:
God 'IS' Holy and God sanctified His creation 7th day... so all that was made was holy 'all' - Angels, Heaven and Earth, Mankind... now the study of angelology reveals that Lucifer took that which was true and in his God given ability, ['the freedom of being' that which separates from just being a continuation of God 'as God Himself without end'], and perverted the order of 'IS' and brought abought the false is in order that he might claim, even though created himself, to be able to be god...  NOTE: this existence does not have a created place by God- a very important distinction as God does not recognize lie as His Substance and in this the eternal separation from Him wherein His wrath abides always! The eternity has never been turned from perfection of God in Holiness as we see the eternal state but that which gives place to sin has no place with God nor can it for it suggests that God does not fill all things with His Being >but He does< and the only remaining question do you give place to God or to sin in your being...
Love, Steven

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 4/28/2017 at 6:02 PM, spiderman1917 said:

2 Corinthians 4:4New Living Translation (NLT)
4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News."

Wouldn't you say that the Devil can't be god of this world without God willing him to be God of this world? Also, can he blind the minds of those who don't believe, without God giving him permission to?  That Scripture was written after Satan was already defeated.

In the OT, Satan needed God's permission to kill Jobs family and afflict Job with disease, so God was responsible for Satan's actions against Job, no?   

God did not cause Adam and Eve to sin - but He did allow it. Bug in Genesis 3 God holds them responsible - He does not say that after all He did for their perfect paradise home - that He is still responsible for their failures. Only that He gave them free will and allowed them to use it -- instead of making them "robots".

God did not cause Lucifer to sin - but He did allow it.