• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 minutes ago, Wolf Bridges said:

After we're dead. 

I didn't ask when we would judge angels, i asked when did God make the decision that we would judge the angels.  Was it before or after he created Adam. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, other one said:

I didn't ask when we would judge angels, i asked when did God make the decision that we would judge the angels.  Was it before or after he created Adam. 

I don't know. 

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

One line of thought could be during the millennium  we will be given a looking at the book of life & death, & why some  made the kingdom & why others didn't.  The bible says that God is the judge & judgement is given to the Son. Basing it on that,  God is judge, one could say we are looking at Gods righteous judgments & by that it could be said that we are judging God's judgments, there will be many unanswered questions when we get to heaven & God will want all to be satisfied, what we could be doing is judging that those angels deserved the sentence handed down?

It can be a bit of a problem when we have scriptures saying God judges, which can be Father & yet it can mean the Son, who also is God, then it also seems clear in 1 Cor 6:3;4 that man will judge the angles. 

I'm glad its not a doctrinal question. I'm going to sit on the fence. 

God bless 

Edited by Riccardo

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

6 hours ago, other one said:

When did God decide we would judge angels?

Hi other one,

I believe God decided that the Body of Christ would judge angels and the world system & rule & reign with Christ in the third heaven, when He planned that Christ, in His glorified body would rule over all and bring many sons to glory. And that was before time, because in His omniscience God knew what would happen in His creation, heavens and the earth, and planned that His Son would pay the price for restoring all things as God intended and be the only one worthy to rule and reign over all with justice and peace. And God desired that `many sons` would be like Christ and be fit for the realms above. Judging angels and the world system is part of that rulership God desired for His son and many sons.

Judging angels and the world system is part of the restoration of all things. Rulership being the first.

Marilyn.

I agree, and since he actually made man and woman not knowing good and evil, that means that they were expected to fall.  Let Satan himself be responsible for letting them become qualified to be judges.

And this train of thought is why I think all this is to create a just system to judge the angels.

God is the injured party and he would want someone else to judge those who followed Lucifer in his rebellion. Lucifer and the watchers are tost already.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  260

19 hours ago, BobRyan said:

Agreed. We know from 1 Cor 6 that the saints will in fact judge the fallen angels - but no Bible text says that the world was created for that purpose - that I know of.

Well there is certainly room for logic, common sense, reason ... in formulating a doctrine/opinion/preference - but even then it should be 'tested' by the Bible to see if it is contradicting the Bible. If your local church says that everyone who sits on the platform and leads out each week - must wear red shoes - that "custom" or rule or practice does not violate some Bible doctrine and so would be "allowed" - but it also does not allow it to elevate to the level of "scripture" or "divine command" or ...

I know of no scripture to that effect either. It really doesn't even make sense that the sole reason God created the world was so that humans, being the journey we have to travel from birth unto death, sin, sinners, redemption, rebirth, then allows us to judge angels that are not in sin? 

I think the proposal became insolvent when the justification for it was, "common sense". 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  260

20 hours ago, Wolf Bridges said:

Thank you. 

Thank you for the support. 

That isn't a scripture supporting your prior statement that we're all discussing here. The world was created by God so that we could judge the angels. 

You're welcome to the support. :) Too often we gloss over someone's express question in order to reiterate our own point. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

2 hours ago, Happinessity said:

I know of no scripture to that effect either. It really doesn't even make sense that the sole reason God created the world was so that humans, being the journey we have to travel from birth unto death, sin, sinners, redemption, rebirth, then allows us to judge angels that are not in sin? 

I think the proposal became insolvent when the justification for it was, "common sense". 

I think the 1 Cor 6 statement about judging angels is not so much about judging sinless angels - but rather fallen angels - demons.

54 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

I think the 1 Cor 6 statement about judging angels is not so much about judging sinless angels - but rather fallen angels - demons.

demons are not fallen angels.....   they are the disembodied spirits of the Nephilim that died in the flood and after.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

2 hours ago, other one said:

demons are not fallen angels.....    

No wait... yes they are.

See Rev 12 - serpent, satan, devil.

Rev 12 - one third of the angels fall and join Satan.

Edited by BobRyan