• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/17/2017 at 8:46 AM, BobRyan said:

Nephilim are "giants" and they lived both before the flood (Gen 6) and also after the flood - which means that Noah and his family were also Nephilim. Giant by comparison to men in Moses' day. And of course Genesis 5 shows that they lived many times longer than life spans today or in Moses' day.

Nofhing in the Bible says that Nephilim means demonic or means "half-human". In fact the myth that angels formed families with humans is denied by Christ in Matt 22 who tells us that Angels were not created with that feature.

Who then are the "sons of God" according to the Bible? In John 1 we have a good example of what that is "to as many as believed on Him - to them He gave the right to be called the sons of God"

[/quote]

[/quote]

3 hours ago, Denadii said:

Whoa!  You said "Nephilim are "giants" and they lived both before the flood (Gen 6) and also after the flood - which means that Noah and his family were also Nephilim"

True ... I did say that. :)

First.  Nephilim are not giants. 

Yes they are.

Only some of them are giants.  The giants are called Raphaim. 

Both are - but the Rephaim only come along after the flood - from a particular line in Noah's descendants.

the Nephilim is a broad category of creatures made my the fallen angels.

No they aren't becausee as Christ said in Matt 22 -- Angels have no such function at all ... not even among themselves... let alone with other species.

Second  Noah and his family were NOT nephilim. 

Yes they were.

They were the only ones on the planet that were not nephilim

Not true at all.

Why would God kill off the entire planet and save eight nephilim from those millions he killed?

Because of what the actual Bible says -- because Noah was found righteous... not because "Noah was found short" or any such thing as is often "imagined".

You said "Giant by comparison to men in Moses' day"  The book of Enoch describes some of the giants (Raphaim) as being 3000 Els tall.

Fortunately that corrupt text is not included in the actual Word of God. Isn't it great to have the Word of God as our source -- "instead"?

You said "In fact the myth that angels formed families with humans is denied by Christ in Matt 22 who tells us that Angels were not created with that feature." in reference to the fallen angels breeding human women. 

True - I did say that

Wrong.  The bible does NOT say that angels are not capable.  Read it again.  It says they don't. 

That is nonsense.

God is not saying "they could eat food but they don't" -- as if God had made them with the biology to eat food - then said "never eat". Jesus did not say in Matt 22 "they choose not to Marry" rather He said that they are "like the angels" not "they act like an angel".

He does not make it a matter of choice - but rather their function is changed to be the function of the angels in that regard - similar to them.. There are not "baby angels" no "mommy and daddy angels" according to Matt 22. All the angels are called "The sons of God" because each of them (like Adam) were made directly by God.

You said "In John 1 we have a good example of what that is "to as many as believed on Him - to them He gave the right to be called the sons of God"

[/quote]

True ... I did say that.

We're talking Old Covenant here right?   Who in the Old Covenant was born again?  Right.  Nobody. 

1. Moses and Elijah stand WITH Christ in Glory -- in Matthew 17 -- BEFORE the Cross.

2. The NEW Covenant is in the OLD Testament - Jeremiah 31:31-33 and is UNCHANGED in the NEW - see Hebrews 8:6-10

3. "The Gospel was preached to US just as it was to THEM also" HEbrews 4:1

4. The Giants of faith held up before NT saints as examples to be followed - are all from the OT - Hebrews 11.

4. "The Gospel was preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8

John 1:11-12 - Christ is not talking about evil angels in any part of scripture when he uses the term "sons of God"

I praise your efforts, but you have been doing it all by intellect.  You NEED the Holy Spirit to teach you.  In all things you need the Holy Spirit to teach you.  

All my statements were from the Holy Spirit - divine revelation.

Some people on this thread are in fact guessing... I am not.

Edited by BobRyan

• Followers:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

48 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

Some people on this thread are in fact guessing... I am not.

Uh....Yeah....Well......Whatever

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

We're talking Old Covenant here right?   Who in the Old Covenant was born again?  Right.  Nobody. 

1. Moses and Elijah stand WITH Christ in Glory -- in Matthew 17 -- BEFORE the Cross.

2. The NEW Covenant is in the OLD Testament - Jeremiah 31:31-33 and is UNCHANGED in the NEW - see Hebrews 8:6-10

4. The Giants of faith held up before NT saints as examples to be followed - are all from the OT - Hebrews 11.

John 1:11-12 - Christ is not talking about evil angels in any part of scripture when he uses the term "sons of God"

8 hours ago, Denadii said:

Uh....Yeah....Well......Whatever

Indeed..

Edited by BobRyan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Claim that God is responsible for Satan's actions is blapshemy. By claiming that not only you claim God to be liar but also that he is evil and not perfect himself .

James 1:13-15

13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

3 hours ago, BobRyan said:

3 hours ago, BobRyan said:

Indeed..

Indeed..

You said; 1. Moses and Elijah stand WITH Christ in Glory -- in Matthew 17 -- BEFORE the Cross.

Yes  Still they were not born again...At least by what we see in the Bible

You said; The NEW Covenant is in the OLD Testament - Jeremiah 31:31-33 and is UNCHANGED in the NEW - see Hebrews 8:6-10

OK   Tell me how the New Covenant is in the Old Covenant.  Testament is only another word for Covenant.  The scriptures quoted do not back up your assertions.

You said; "The Gospel was preached to US just as it was to THEM also " HEbrews 4:1 

What does the scripture you quoted have to do with what you say? Hebrews 4:1  4 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

You said; 4. The Giants of faith held up before NT saints as examples to be followed - are all from the OT - Hebrews 11.

Well, the ones mentioned are all of the Old Covenant.  You have this one right.

.You said; "The Gospel was preached to Abraham" Gal 3:8

This one is right too.

You said; John 1:11-12 - Christ is not talking about evil angels in any part of scripture when he uses the term "sons of God"

You are right.  In the New Covenant We are the sons of God if we choose to become so.

In the Old Covenant though.....The Sons of God are angels.  Good and bad.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  135
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 4/28/2017 at 11:06 PM, spiderman1917 said:

Try to understand that the reason I would start a thread like this is because I want to know who this God is.  The more I know about this God, the more I can love God.  This is an extremely important detail to know about God.  It is a detail about God that most Christians seem to be oblivious of.

I understand why you asked the question.  I believe you want to learn about God.  To love God all you have to do is look at what he has done for you.  You have to recognize his love towards you and accept it before you can open up your heart to love him.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/28/2017 at 3:06 PM, spiderman1917 said:

Try to understand that the reason I would start a thread like this is because I want to know who this God is.  The more I know about this God, the more I can love God.  This is an extremely important detail to know about God.  It is a detail about God that most Christians seem to be oblivious of.

It is not important. You just "think" it is.

You cannot bypass faith. We are saved by our faith in Christ grace.

You must seek Christ with all your heart and your mind and soul. You will find him in his word.

Faith come by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

Dont try to reinvent the wheel. Roll with the one that is already in place.

We cant know God without faith. God will reveal things to you in his time and not yours.

Start with matthew mark luke and john romans and hebrews.

Blessings

Blessings