spiderman1917

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  2

2 Corinthians 4:4New Living Translation (NLT)
4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News."

Wouldn't you say that the Devil can't be god of this world without God willing him to be God of this world? Also, can he blind the minds of those who don't believe, without God giving him permission to?  That Scripture was written after Satan was already defeated.

In the OT, Satan needed God's permission to kill Jobs family and afflict Job with disease, so God was responsible for Satan's actions against Job, no?  So, he needed God's permission even before Christ defeated him on the cross.  How much more does he need God's permission today? If Satan is going to blind people's minds, i'm guessing he can't do so without God's permission and willing it.

Could Satan be God of this world without God wanting him to be God of this world?

If your answer is, no, God doesn't want Satan to be God of this world, that doesn't make sense, because if God didn't want it, he could restrain Satan and cast him and all Demons into hell the day Jesus died on the cross.  So, it seems clear, the answer is yes, for now God wants Satan to be god of this world.  God wants the Antichrist to be in power for a time as well.

Scripture says that Jesus defeated Satan at the cross.  It's done!  It's Finished!  The victory is accomplished.  Satan is essentially a prisoner, a defeated foe, disarmed!  He can do what his victorious Master allows him to do. 

It also seems that the answer is yes, God shares responsibility for Satan's actions.  How can Satan tempt someone, or put an antichrist in power, or do anything without God giving him permission to?  He's a defeated foe!  Is God in any way limited in what he can do to stop the Devil?  Of course not! 

Edited by spiderman1917

Try to understand that the reason I would start a thread like this is because I want to know who this God is.  The more I know about this God, the more I can love God.  This is an extremely important detail to know about God.  It is a detail about God that most Christians seem to be oblivious of.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.64
  • Days Won:  327

We've all been telling you since you joined....you are not going to fall in love with God by hoping to know ABOUT Him ,,,,,you must desire to KNOW HIM(RElationship),thats the REceive Wisdom & Understanding that you say you don't have & you are correct.....Faith is not Activated by reading "a book" ,it comes by HEARING the Living Word of God,,,,,through Power of the Holy Spirit,you must Seek Gods Face ...."Jesus" is the answer

Seems to me every THread is the same Topic only slightly different Titles

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, spiderman1917 said:

Try to understand that the reason I would start a thread like this is because I want to know who this God is.  The more I know about this God, the more I can love God.  This is an extremely important detail to know about God.  It is a detail about God that most Christians seem to be oblivious of.

Let's start from the beginning what is a born  Christian?

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, spiderman1917 said:

2 Corinthians 4:4New Living Translation (NLT)
4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News."

Wouldn't you say that the Devil can't be god of this world without God willing him to be God of this world? Also, can he blind the minds of those who don't believe, without God giving him permission to?  That Scripture was written after Satan was already defeated.

In the OT, Satan needed God's permission to kill Jobs family and afflict Job with disease, so God was responsible for Satan's actions against Job, no?  So, he needed God's permission even before Christ defeated him on the cross.  How much more does he need God's permission today? If Satan is going to blind people's minds, i'm guessing he can't do so without God's permission and willing it.

Could Satan be God of this world without God wanting him to be God of this world?

Satan is the god of this world, but he is not the Lord of it.  Big difference.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I think maybe you are having trouble with the concept of free will.  God gave free will to all of creation, including the angels.  Allowing someone the right to decide their own actions and being responsible for their actions are two different things.

12 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Let's start from the beginning what is a born  Christian?

Someone who accepts Jesus as Lord and savior and is enlightened and transformed and born of the spirit not the flesh

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, spiderman1917 said:

Someone who accepts Jesus as Lord and savior and is enlightened and transformed and born of the spirit not the flesh

Are you born again
?

8 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

I think maybe you are having trouble with the concept of free will.  God gave free will to all of creation, including the angels.  Allowing someone the right to decide their own actions and being responsible for their actions are two different things.

9 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

If I could choose to not have sinful inclinations and choose to have no confusion, I would choose that

2 minutes ago, angels4u said:

Are you born again
?

I have been filled with the holy spirit, been transformed to a certain extent, have the gift of tounges, but am not fully enlightened, so I don't know