Sign in to follow this  
Yowm

Joel 2:19b-20

and I will no more make you a reproach among the nations. "I will remove the northerner far from you, and drive him into a parched and desolate land, his vanguard into the eastern sea, and his rear guard into the western sea; the stench and foul smell of him will rise, for he has done great things.
(Joe 2:19b-20)

Bear with me.

When God says, "He will no more make Israel a reproach among the nations" it seems to indicate a near future time, since Israel became a reproach again circa 70AD.

Could this passage be hinting at Ezek 38 invasion of Gog/Magog, where it says 'I will remove the northerner far from you, and drive him into a parched and desolate land, his vanguard into the eastern sea, and his rear guard into the western sea; the stench and foul smell of him will rise, for he has done great things.' in sort of a double fulfillment, Assyria being the first? What is considered the 'eastern sea'? The Red Sea? The Dead Sea. Persian Gulf? 

Posted (edited)
On 01/05/2017 at 4:26 AM, Yowm said:

and I will no more make you a reproach among the nations. "I will remove the northerner far from you, and drive him into a parched and desolate land, his vanguard into the eastern sea, and his rear guard into the western sea; the stench and foul smell of him will rise, for he has done great things.
(Joe 2:19b-20)

Bear with me.

When God says, "He will no more make Israel a reproach among the nations" it seems to indicate a near future time, since Israel became a reproach again circa 70AD.

Could this passage be hinting at Ezek 38 invasion of Gog/Magog, where it says 'I will remove the northerner far from you, and drive him into a parched and desolate land, his vanguard into the eastern sea, and his rear guard into the western sea; the stench and foul smell of him will rise, for he has done great things.' in sort of a double fulfillment, Assyria being the first? What is considered the 'eastern sea'? The Red Sea? The Dead Sea. Persian Gulf? 

Hi Yowm

Joel is speaking about before the coming, and Ezekiel is prophesying of the times after the 1000 yrs (When Satan is released from prison), a different battle but with similarities.

Joel is speaking about the King of the North.  This is the empire of the 10 kings.  The King of the North and all his armies will oppress Israel and the world.  This is the kingdom of the False Prophet.  Christ will deliver Israel from this king at his coming by luring them to the Valley of Hinnom to war the Lamb.  They will come in through the Mediterranean Sea to the North, Megiddo and travel down into that valley surrounding Jerusalem.  They face the EASTERN SEA (Red Sea), because Christ is coming from the EAST - that direction, and their backs are facing the Mediterranean Sea.

This Northern Kingdom will be no more, never to rise again.

But after the 1000 yrs, when Satan is let out of prison, ...to stir trouble again, he will use Gog, a man, and try to do the same, but it's not the same kingdom as before, but a new one Satan raises up, using this man Gog to lead.  It appears that Gog will be from the North also, and to gain access to the camp of the saints he will come through the North parts again, but he will be unsuccessful as he doesn't know that the "camp" has protection.  This is Satan's end.

Edited by Sister

23 minutes ago, Sister said:

Hi Yowm

Joel is speaking about before the coming, and Ezekiel is prophesying of the times after the 1000 yrs (When Satan is released from prison), a different battle but with similarities.

Joel is speaking about the King of the North.  This is the empire of the 10 kings.  The King of the North and all his armies will oppress Israel and the world.  This is the kingdom of the False Prophet.  Christ will deliver Israel from this king at his coming by luring them to the Valley of Hinnom to war the Lamb.  They will come in through the Mediterranean Sea to the North, Megiddo and travel down into that valley surrounding Jerusalem.  They face the EASTERN SEA (Red Sea), because Christ is coming from the EAST - that direction, and their backs are facing the Mediterranean Sea.

This Northern Kingdom will be no more, never to rise again.

But after the 1000 yrs, when Satan is let out of prison, ...to stir trouble again, he will use Gog, a man, and try to do the same, but it's not the same kingdom as before, but a new one Satan raises up, using this man Gog to lead.  It appears that Gog will be from the North also, and to gain access to the camp of the saints he will come through the North parts again, but he will be unsuccessful as he doesn't know that the "camp" has protection.  This is Satan's end.

Thanks Sister, I'll have to take a closer look at that later today when I have time.

The only thing I will suggest is that after Armageddon [Ezekiel 38, 39] Satan will be released from the abyss after the Lord has reigned on the earth for 1000 years [Revelation 20:1-3 and Revelation 20:4]

Here it is [Revelation 20:7-10] .... he will then be sent to the lake of fire and exterminated

Actually Satan is "Gog" both in Ezekiel 38 and Revelation 20:7-10

2 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

The only thing I will suggest is that after Armageddon [Ezekiel 38, 39] Satan will be released from the abyss after the Lord has reigned on the earth for 1000 years [Revelation 20:1-3 and Revelation 20:4]

Here it is [Revelation 20:7-10] .... he will then be sent to the lake of fire and exterminated

Actually Satan is "Gog" both in Ezekiel 38 and Revelation 20:7-10

I've heard (not an expert on this end times stuff) that Rev 20 and Ezek 38 are two different events. In Rev 20 all the nations are involved but in Ezek only certain ones are named specifically. Perhaps Ezek typifies the larger Rev 20 battle?

Also, I thought Armageddon happens just before the Lord's return to this earth.

But anyhow, let's try to stick with the passage in Joel as much as possible.

4 hours ago, Sister said:

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I've heard (not an expert on this end times stuff) that Rev 20 and Ezek 38 are two different events. In Rev 20 all the nations are involved but in Ezek only certain ones are named specifically. Perhaps Ezek typifies the larger Rev 20 battle?

I guess I'll ask you the above as well.

Also, I never thought of  Joel's battle as involving the forces of antichrist. Good point. That is what you meant right?

Ezekiel 38, 39 is the first battle

It will occur at the end of the 70th week decreed for Israel still to come

The next battle will come at the end of the Lord's millennial kingdom upon the earth just after the tribulation period of 1000 years

The Lord refers to Satan as "gog" in both

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Yowm said:

I guess I'll ask you the above as well.

Also, I never thought of  Joel's battle as involving the forces of antichrist. Good point. That is what you meant right?

Hi Yowm

Yes.

The start of the tribulation will begin there in Israel.  The King of the North and all his confederates will take over and occupy Israel.  The false prophet will show his face here, ...he is the king of the North, and his northern armies will back him.  This is the end time beast.  Israel are expecting their Messiah, but the false one comes in his place.  He will seem wonderful at first, but in his heart is to destroy Israel first, then all the nations. 

So the FP's kingdom will invade Jerusalem, then pretend to rescue.  It's all a farce.  He will push his way in, then gain popularity with all his miracles and smooth words.  The world will love him also, then once he has everyone deceived, he will issue the Mark of the Beast. He will then oppress Israel.  Israel will realise later that he was not the one they were expecting.  This is that Northern army that God will free Israel from at Christ's coming.  The Northern army will be killed in that battle against the Lamb (Armageddon), and the FP thrown into the lake of fire.

The FP will rule in Jerusalem for 3 1/2 yrs.  At the close of the 3 1/2 yrs, the MEDES (Iran), and all their allies (Islam) will STAND UP against the FP.  They will also come into Israel to war the FP's kingdom.  This is that great war that is coming, and all the kings of the earth will join in.  In the beginning of Joel, it's specifically speaking of the Mede's, what they will do.  They are the cruel ones who kill anyone and everyone in their way.  They don't come for gold or silver, but come into Israel purely for revenge and hatred.  The Medes enter through the EAST (the dried up Euphrates river), then the battle begins.  Israel's civilians will be caught in the crossfire.  This is that warning in Matt 24.  That battle will be cut short, or no flesh will be saved.  Then Christ will appear in the sky.  This is how that war is cut short.  The armies stop fighting, and unite together preparing to fight the Lamb.  They all assemble at Megiddo, then make their way down surrounding the city of Jerusalem.  Christ will kill them all in that valley of Hinnom, where their blood comes up to a horses bridle. 

Edited by Sister

13 minutes ago, Sister said:

Hi Yowm

Yes.

The start of the tribulation will begin there in Israel.  The King of the North and all his confederates will take over and occupy Israel.  The false prophet will show his face here, ...he is the king of the North, and his northern armies will back him.  This is the end time beast.  Israel are expecting their Messiah, but the false one comes in his place.  He will seem wonderful at first, but in his heart is to destroy Israel first, then all the nations. 

So the FP's kingdom will invade Jerusalem, then pretend to rescue.  It's all a farce.  He will push his way in, then gain popularity with all his miracles and smooth words.  The world will love him also, then once he has everyone deceived, he will issue the Mark of the Beast. He will then oppress Israel.  Israel will realise later that he was not the one they were expecting.  This is that Northern army that God will free Israel from at Christ's coming.  The Northern army will be killed in that battle against the Lamb (Armageddon), and the FP thrown into the lake of fire.

The FP will rule in Jerusalem for 3 1/2 yrs.  At the close of the 3 1/2 yrs, the MEDES (Iran), and all their allies (Islam) will STAND UP against the FP.  They will also come into Israel to war the FP's kingdom.  This is that great war that is coming, and all the kings of the earth will join in.  In the beginning of Joel, it's specifically speaking of the Mede's, what they will do.  They are the cruel ones who kill anyone and everyone in their way.  They don't come for gold or silver, but come into Israel purely for revenge and hatred.  The Medes enter through the EAST (the dried up Euphrates river), then the battle begins.  Israel's civilians will be caught in the crossfire.  This is that warning in Matt 24.  That battle will be cut short, or no flesh will be saved.  Then Christ will appear in the sky.  This is how that war is cut short.  The armies stop fighting, and unite together preparing to fight the Lamb.  They all assemble at Megiddo, then make their way down surrounding the city of Jerusalem.  Christ will kill them all in that valley of Hinnom, where their blood comes up to a horses bridle. 

I was just wondering how you state that the Ezek war is after 1000 years when it involves only certain nations but the Rev 20 was involves all nations?

11 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I was just wondering how you state that the Ezek war is after 1000 years when it involves only certain nations but the Rev 20 was involves all nations?

The Revelation 20 war is after the 1000 yrs, not before.

Revelation 20:7   And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

Revelation 20:8   And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

The 1000 yrs is the Kingdom of God on earth, ...headquarters  Jerusalem.  Christ and his resurrected saints will reign.  The Jews will live inside the Kingdom area, it will be like paradise for them, and they will have the truth.  The gentile nations will still exist, but outside the kingdom area.  They will come in to learn, and the truth will flow out of the kingdom and cover the earth.  Everyone will hear truth.  No more Satan to distract, and Israel will live in peace, free from wars.

Ezekiel 38 is speaking about that time when Satan is released from prison and will use Gog and Magog (his kingdom) to attack that kingdom of God in Jerusalem, called the camp of the saints in Rev, ...same place.

Ezekiel 38:8   After many days thou shalt be visited (Satan): in the latter years (after the 1000 yrs) thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword (saved from war), and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste (used to be desolate spiritually in the past): but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them. (they have been dwelling safely here for a 1000 yrs)

Ezekiel 38:9   Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

Ezekiel 38:10   Thus saith the Lord GOD; It shall also come to pass, that at the same time shall things come into thy mind, and thou shalt think an evil thought:

Ezekiel 38:11   And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

The lamb and the truth is Israel's protection during that 1000 yrs.  Israel has healed and is now holy.  They all dwell safely, and that wall is spiritual, as the inhabitants are protected and sanctified in truth.

Ezekiel 38:12   To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.

Satan just gets released after the 1000 yrs.  He hears there's a people living in peace (Israel), the same ones he tried to destroy a long time ago.  God has gathered all the gold and riches of the earth and brought it into the kingdom to give to the saints.  The kingdom is like paradise, it is rich with cattle and goods, everything is given to them to enjoy, and share out amongst all,....all the milk and honey and abundance of food, and the gold is what will lure Satan to attack.  This is the spoil he wants.  All the places he once made desolate in Israel, have people there now, happy and well looked after, they have multiplied.  Israel are the people that are gathered out of all nations.  They were once scattered throughout the earth, but God has brought them back together to dwell in the kingdom area on earth.  Satan wants that place for himself again.  He will use Gog, a man to do his bidding just like he used the FP a 10000 yrs earlier.

This is all after the 1000 yrs, and matches Rev 20 exactly.  This is the war of Gog and Magog.  The attack on Israel living in peace with truth and Christ there for them now, and fully healed, all strong with the Holy spirit.

All is God's work to lure Satan to his end with those who followed him.  Israel are now saved, nothing can touch them.

Sign in to follow this