THE MODESTY DEBATE

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Looking at the  things christian women hear thread brought back some memories of past experiences ive seen and heard.

Honestly, im sick and tired of Christian women arguing hard and long to dress skimpy. To be fair this principle applies to men and stuff like earrings and long or plaited hair. But Ive seen young ladies fight over what to wear over the years, far more than the men  its tiring. And often the  arguments seem to stubborn, vain, rebellious attitude in some cases. Lets look at the arguements.

1. Why should I dress proper cause it will make men lust, they shouldnt be looking at me-. True a man should disciplne his mind and thought life but lets remember men are visual and are turned on by sight, its not something you can turn off just so.

Fashion is generally designed by the unsaved , they wont have godly principles, thus  will follow the devils agenda. Thus alot of female fashion nowadays is PURPOSELY designed to highlight the parts of a womans body which attact men- tight jeans shw the shape or the hips, crotch and behind. tight shirts show off the breast shape, some shirts actually have hidden messages- Some shirts with the words- WOW. or JUICY placed right on the breasts to draw attention to them.

So wearing these things youre directly stimulating the mans natural urges thus being a stumbling block.

1. I dont want to look like an old woman- Ive heard of this as well, apparently dressing modestly is associated with fashion and age. SO youre saying dressing seductively is for the young now
  2. I even know of women continuing to wear things violating the churches dress code continually despite continual speaking to by persons in authority -this just shows an attitude of stubborness and rebellion to the church authority. A young lady who was a notorious dresscode beaker even once told me she left the church becasue the pastor wouldnt stop talking to her about her dress amd that shell never change i

We follow our  jobs and the courts dress codes. so why does the church somehow get ignored?

1. Its gotten so bad that a friend pointed out at his church young ladies first come dressed immodestly. They claim they have nothing modest to wear, them being new attendees, some leeway is given. However, years pass and the dress style doesnt change HOWEVER they still come with new clothes... so theyre milking that excuse of not having anything modest while buying clothes to match their ususal immodest dress style

In the end, we are supposed to represent Christ  on earth and this prideful, stubborn rebellion attitude does not do it at all. This again applies to both men and women. You can argue as much as you want but Gods word is absolute and in the end theyll have to aswer to Him for flaunting it

09f9855a576c6f28bc948abdecc13dc9.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

I really HATE the way women dress today.  I have two daughters and they don't dress like the above, nor does my daughter in law.  I long ago realized that men are what God made them and they can't change the way they're wired.  And, in that vein, men should not dress immodestly either although, usually, women just laugh at them if they do.  We're wired differently.  :P  But I agree with what you're saying for the most part.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

The Bible tells us that women should dress modestly 1 Timothy 2:9-10. But the world has just not gotten that. What confuses me is that some the women I have seen in Churches have not gotten that either. :noidea:

53207e4eb7cf3e5401809a1b4dc9e3a6.jpg

what shocked me is this- ionce got invited to a beach lime with some mature christians in their 20s -30s. Time to go swim. Years of church outings conditioned me to expect the tshirt and shorts combo. Instead I see women peeling off into bikinis . Not all did it but is was still shockiing- not even a one piece???

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

4 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

what shocked me is this- ionce got invited to a beach lime with some mature christians in their 20s -30s. Time to go swim. Years of church outings conditioned me to expect the tshirt and shorts combo. Instead I see women peeling off into bikinis . Not all did it but is was still shockiing- not even a one piece???

When I was young the world was a different place as far as modesty goes than it is today.

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Bikinis are just like underwear and a one piece is revealing too - they both fit like a second skin!

I don't agree with a male confronting a female about her state of dress in Church - at least send an older female to discuss that with wisdom and understanding.

I'd be mortified if a male confronted me in Church.

*Tbh, I don't understand why men are vastly different to women  when it comes to attraction....

Edited by HisFirst

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.47
  • Days Won:  24
  • Birthday:  10/15/1996

13 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

*Tbh, I don't understand why men are vastly different to women  when it comes to attraction....

That's how God created us

4 minutes ago, Logan said:

That's how God created us

That's true Logan but I don't get it. 

I'm not saying all men, but a lot of men look at other women walking by while they are with their female partners.

I've heard the saying"the first look is ok (not your fault) but a second look is deliberate".

57 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

That's true Logan but I don't get it. 

I'm not saying all men, but a lot of men look at other women walking by while they are with their female partners.

I've heard the saying"the first look is ok (not your fault) but a second look is deliberate".

So... whats not to understand-  If youre wearing a nice dress and you pass  a store front  and see some other ones that look great, does the fact that you already have on a nice one, stop you from admiring the other nice looking ones?  No! If she looks atractive, he'll look, regardless of  whether or not  hes with a woman already. Its when  he stars  continually thinking, following and actively pursuing that the problem starts