• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

I was raised in no church.  And the answer to your question is YES , SEEK , SEEK , SEEK and you will find.

On day one GOD who drew me by the grace of unctioning me , led me right into the holy scriptures with such a love for truth sent on my heart.

It is so true that sadly, many worship not the true JESUS.  How do we know we do is a good question.

And also this will answer the yes to your question.   HE who LOVES ME...............KEEPS my SAYINGS

if a man loves me and KEEPS my sayings.............I and my FATHER will manisfest unto him or her.

THAT is exactly why Gods grace put me in the holy scrips , with also the love that comes from GOD , the love for truth.

And as I read them scrips........man I was so edified so hungry for truth .  From every warning to every promise it was meat for the soul

mana for my spirit.  Yes, we need to TRULY KNOW HIM and FIND HIM you will, WHEN ye shall seek him with the WHOLE heart amen.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Nearly all I knew of God was that He knew me, He heard my prayers and answered them, and He was real.  But then He convicted me of sin, righteousness and judgement.  I repented and told those I sinned against that I had asked God to forgive me.  I knew that God had forgiven me because Jesus loves me.  Then I was drawn to read the Bible.

I believe that walking in the Spirit is responding to this yearning God places in our hearts and obeying.  Perhaps it is being called instead, but it is all responding to the Holy Spirit.  Later He draws us to do other things, like to reach out to others in Christ's love, or to forgive.  But each time it is taking a step in response to the guidance of the Holy Spirit.  I call this walking in the Spirit.  The things we do later require a deeper knowledge of God.  At first they are baby steps; later they are also stepping out in humble child like faith and obedience.  This also requires us to focus on the things of heaven and to renounce our love of things of the world.  We are in the world but not of it.

1Jo 2:15  Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.                                                                                Rom 8:5 ESV For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. Rom 12:2  Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

The greatest things we learn in Scripture is now not be deceived by the enemy, to test the spirits, to know the mind of Christ and His will for us as we become acquainted with Him and come to know His Voice.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:24 AM, Fridaywinds said:

I think we all seek Christ sooner or later. Sometimes we come to a fork in our personal road and have to make a choice. Keep going in the direction I've always gone. Or take the higher road and seek the Son. :D There are many of us traveling those roads and sometimes we end up on an Interstate parallel to one another. Like now. And here in this place. And we know we're not alone even though we're in a personal relationship with the greatest power in all of existence. 
That's so exciting! 

I want to wrap my life in the folds of the faith and surround myself with the rightness that is for the good of the savior and my life with him from now on. I've changed so much about myself and it feels so comfortable to be in this new place in my life. Beloved of the King of Heaven. Praise the Lord. :halo:

It is wonderful ,and thanks for the reminder ,of the greatness that we are blessed to be 'in touch with ' .

Sometimes I think we might get a little too familiar with such a loving God, that we also forget "He is the greatest power in existence" .:)