Seek Christ first...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Before being able to walk in Christ, is it not wise to seek Christ first to find Christ so you can fully know who or what Christ is? I don´t think you can walk in Christ when you do not know who or what Christ is. I think you can only walk in Christ when you know who or what Christ is. So seek Christ first with all your heart so that you find Christ so you then can walk in Christ. 

Thoughts?

"Seek and you shall find." - Jesus (Matthew 7:7)

"You shall know the truth." - Jesus (John8:32)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

I've been seeking the Lord seriously since I was about 19 or so. I'm 27 now and Im still learning more about what it means to follow Jesus. He's a great God though I know that.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I think we all seek Christ sooner or later. Sometimes we come to a fork in our personal road and have to make a choice. Keep going in the direction I've always gone. Or take the higher road and seek the Son. :D There are many of us traveling those roads and sometimes we end up on an Interstate parallel to one another. Like now. And here in this place. And we know we're not alone even though we're in a personal relationship with the greatest power in all of existence. 
That's so exciting! 

I want to wrap my life in the folds of the faith and surround myself with the rightness that is for the good of the savior and my life with him from now on. I've changed so much about myself and it feels so comfortable to be in this new place in my life. Beloved of the King of Heaven. Praise the Lord. :halo:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Before being able to walk in Christ, is it not wise to seek Christ first to find Christ so you can fully know who or what Christ is? I don´t think you can walk in Christ when you do not know who or what Christ is. I think you can only walk in Christ when you know who or what Christ is. So seek Christ first with all your heart so that you find Christ so you then can walk in Christ. 

Thoughts?

Blessings Knower

You are asking really good questions,it seems to me you have a very earnest desire to to find  "TRUTH",you have even  mentioned this to us before,I believe one of your first posts here at WCF? I think you are on the right path my friend but please don't lean on your own understanding,logic,reason & by no means,academics,lol   Knowledge very often is the very thing that can be the biggest obstacle to Receiving Gods Wisdom & Understanding.....

I believe you are correct,you cannot walk in Christ(in Spirit & in Truth) until you KNOW HIM.....this is much different than knowing who or what HE IS,that's knowing "about" Him......Walking in Christ is a Personal,Intimate Relationship with our LIVING REDEEMER...

Thats right my friend,you must seek Him with ALL of your heart,your mind & your soul......earnestly,sincerely,willingly,Glory to God...."Ask"& you shall Receive

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

For me nothing made sense until I legitimately read my bible, prayed for understanding, and started asking questions. Everything is built on this.

• Content Count:  44
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:15 AM, Knower said:

Thoughts?

you can never fully know Jesus Christ and his heart. We are called to seek him more and more everyday like a educational book with no end. the first step is talking with a Pastor or a person that is born again Christian. Discuss with them the macro and finer points of whom Christ is and his word. From there it is a choice of excepting him as your lord and savoir, or rejecting his truth and word. After excepting him as your king and savoir, it is a life long process of seeking and learning about him, more and more everyday. If any man says they have the answers or "know" God fully, they are lying and need not be spoken to any further. Now the process of "seeking God" is in prayer, getting into the word of God, fellowshipping with other believers and learning of what God has done in their lives, helping the less fortunate, giving with a open heart. Did I mention praying and getting into the word? LOL! God seeks for us everyday to know him more and more. The fullness for God comes into our lives as we put him first, and make seeking him a priority above all else and anyone else.

Be blessed.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Whenever you read Christ insert "the" in front of it.

Christ is not his last name rather it describes a purpose. In this case what was done.

Learn and know what was done and walk through your life knowing that was done for you.

Once you know that, it will change the way you look at other people and things that happen in your life.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

In reality, since Christ died for all of us, the Bible says that the Holy Spirit is seeking us. So for us to "seek Christ" is the first confession of our faith, that we need something more than what we have known. Once we taste the "eternal goodness" of Jesus, seeking Him is no longer the objective. We soon find that we are addicted, yet what a sweet addition to have. Then we switch to knowing Jesus. Most "knowers" of Christ do not ever completely get to their destination...and that is just fine because  "wow, what a joourny". There are those that stop along the way and seem to get stuck. That is what Grace is for. The fact is that we all need Jesus at salvation...then we find out we need Him every day after that. Thank you, Lord. Matthew 6:31 sums it all up...seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you.

Funny, that so many of us get that verse backwards and ending up seeking things, hoping that IF we get enough, it will be acceptable to God.....NOT!!!!!!!!

As for me, I too have known and followed Jesus for nearly 50 years. I am not there yet. But it HAS been a wild and joyous ride. No other lifestyle or faith choice in the world can provide anything as  fulfilling.

• Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

who is here nonline now

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01