Limey_Bob

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Admins: could we have a separate forum for non-Trinitarian sects, so that we could discuss their particular false doctrines. If any Jehovah's Witness, Mormon or Oneness Apostolic were to join these forums, then we could evangelize them and help them to see the truth of the Trinity and Christ's full humanity and deity. I've made cult evangelism as specialization for many years, my having come out of the Oneness (Apostolic - Jesus Only) movement in 1989. A separate chat room for such cults might attract a few brave souls to come and visit us, please don't argue about people being corrupted or their faith compromised, as there are more than enough people who can give a good Trinitarian witness to these cults, I myself although not a DD or an expert, nonetheless do have 28 years experience in evangelizing cults.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I am not the owner of the site, but from my experience over the years, George did not want to further divide the site into denominations or beliefs.  The truth is able to reach everyone anywhere on the site.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, OneLight said:

I am not the owner of the site, but from my experience over the years, George did not want to further divide the site into denominations or beliefs.  The truth is able to reach everyone anywhere on the site.

I just want to witness to the non-Trinitarians, if you have boards for JWs / Mormons / Oneness you might attract more of these people here and we can then preach the true gospel to them.

I really can't speak for George.  What I can say is that there are many other sites that are designed in the way you are talking about.  I am sure George knows about them, yet he decided to not do go that route.  This site is different in a few ways. 

First, you will see in the TOS that we are all equal on this site where titles are not accepted in usernames, like Rev. or Dr..

Second, as I said, the body is divided enough as it is and this site is trying to unite through truth, not further divide.

Third, this discussion forum is a small part of a larger ministry based out of Israel called Worthy Network.  This is how they decided the site should be developed and ran.

You actually need to speak to George about your ideas, not the admins or the members.  None of us have the ability to change anything here.

• Thumbs Up 1

I moved this thread to the Questions for George Forum so he is aware of your request.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/3/2017 at 0:22 PM, OneLight said:

If you have specific forums for JW beliefs, Mormon beliefs etc then we might attract those people who are willing to discuss with us their beliefs.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Limey, I've been here going on 14 years now, and we have plenty of different groups come by to discuss their faith. We really don't need separate forums.  If they come openly in a forum like that people would really not give what they say a real read for anything in that forum is not really Christianity. They (we) would approach it defensively.

If specific sub-forums were created, only those interested in speaking with them about their beliefs would go there.  For the most part, it would see little traffic, if any at all.  Most people would not want to discuss Mormon or JW faith, but will defend their own.  Not everyone is called to be an apologist.

Those who hold that particular belief would feel more isolated than if they posted in a regular forum where they become part of the regular discussion.  I see those sub-forums as being more divisive then inclusive.

Guest Teditis

I'd be torn on the issue of separate forums... the idea is a good one, no doubt, but it's inherently fraught with lots of extra work

and would attract many, many more people/people-types.

George would have to set it up so that it would be functional for each forum... not just one general area for different denominations.

That would require hours of work. Then he'd have to get more Mods involved in the site... he'd need several new ones that would help

with all the bickering that would naturally go on between groups that held strong disagreement with other groups. Think about it... he

would set up a forum for say JW's, that would need to be interesting enough to attract JW's here and make them feel like this is a site

where they can fellowship freely with each other. But then many Fundamentalists would want to go in there and tell them how off-base

their doctrine is. Threads would be derailed, fighting and bickering... people being banned from threads if not the site. Then multiply all

of that for as many different forums you want set up. The Mods would be busy indeed.

It might even get so big, Worthy could lose the homey feeling that makes it attractive to many. So IDK...

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,464
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,757
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Honestly, CARM is designed for this purpose.  We're not looking to recreate the wheel so to speak, we just do what we do -- and try to do it the best way we can.  We'll reach whom God sends our way.  We reach thousands of new people daily through our Worthy Briefs, our Worthy Sites, and through our Facebook pages.  We're already at the point where we really don't have the staff to expand into any new ventures as it is.  Our traffic is through the roof and we're a bit understaffed as it is -- until I return to Israel -- which is this week by the way! :)  Praise God!