3 questions about praying

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, I am new to this forum and I would like to ask 3 questions about praying.

1. Will God or Jesus misunderstand my meaning while I pray? I recently prayed for something but I think my wordings may cause misunderstanding and if God really misunderstands me then something really bad will happen and I'm quite worried about it.

2. Will God or Jesus really do something if I pray for bad things or things that are not good for others to happen? I don't mean that I will pray for bad things, I know that I should pray for good things but the thing is I did this once and I just don't want it to happen as it may harm others.

3. If my praying really caused misunderstanding or I prayed for bad things, can I pay to God again to state my mistake and stop those things from happening? If not, what can I do?

Thank you for reading and answering.

Edited by Andy1220

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Andy

WElcome to Worthy.....are you a Christian? The Outer Court is reserved for the unbelievers,seekers & guest to ask us questions about our Faith....so I'm not sure if you are a Believer or an unbeliever confused as to what it means to "pray"....

God knows our heart,our minds,He Knows our prayers before we even do.....He is Almighty God,all Knowing,OmniPresent.....our All in All.....is He that to you or do you not know Him in Christ Jesus? Jesus is our Mediator,our Way to REconciliation,He is Gods Timeless Truth,the Living Word,Life Eternal....prayer is communication with God in Christ or maybe you are unsure of WHO Jesus is,He is God...

King James Bible
Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.      Matthew 6:8

The Word of God is talking about "unbelievers",who did not understand what "prayer" is because they have no Relationship with God in Christ.....they recite repititios words that have little or no meaning at all.......

I would love to know a little about you,look forward to your intro & encourage you to begin a Worthy Welcome Thread so we can talk in Discussion Forums.....Q & A is basically "answer only".......I'm not sure that is what you were looking for                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik (sent you PM with helpful info)
"

• This is Worthy 1

• 3 months later...
  • Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,769
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

On 5/3/2017 at 8:23 AM, Andy1220 said:

1. Will God or Jesus misunderstand my meaning while I pray? I recently prayed for something but I think my wordings may cause misunderstanding and if God really misunderstands me then something really bad will happen and I'm quite worried about it.

What I love about Scripture it says that the Spirit of God makes intercession for us!

Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helps our infirmities. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. 
Rom 8:27  And He searching the hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. 

2. Will God or Jesus really do something if I pray for bad things or things that are not good for others to happen? I don't mean that I will pray for bad things, I know that I should pray for good things but the thing is I did this once and I just don't want it to happen as it may harm others.

When you truly pray -- or intercede -- then you're praying for God's will to be done!   We know that we're called to BLESS even when people CURSE us!  So BLESS those around you, even your ENEMIES!

3. If my praying really caused misunderstanding or I prayed for bad things, can I pay to God again to state my mistake and stop those things from happening? If not, what can I do?

You can always pray, and remember that you're called to intercede -- so I would simply start interceding as you were called to do.  

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• This is Worthy 1