• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, Your closest friendnt said:

In the book of Revelation it says "the Sea", as a singular, talks about something in a singular meaning. OCEAN, is a singular, it is not OCEANS, if you give a literal meaning, and substitute the "SEA", for "OCEAN", then we would like to know which one, because we have a number of OCEANS. 

Do you believe that today we still have what is called "the Sea", or it has passed away. 

Still seas as far as I know, the Red Sea and Dead Sea to name two.  Geography isn't something I really keep up with, but as I said, nowhere in the bible does the word ocean appear.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

15 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Fidei Defensor,

Haven`t talked to you before, but have read some of your comments on different threads. Pleased to meet you. Now that is an interesting topic. God has written it in His word and thus should be considered. My personal thoughts are - the sea helps to purify the atmosphere, I think, (not being very scientific) and in the New Heavens and New Earth the `rays` of the New Jerusalem will perform this function.

Just a thought, Marilyn.

Hello Marilyn,

I am pleased to make your acquaintance. Interesting notion. A close relative of mine noticed that we are water based creation, that the Lord made us to run on water (6 days without water you die), but noticed that her friend who was dying from cancer was refusing water. Perplexed, my relative asked the Lord, "Why is she refusing water Lord?" To which the Lord responded, "Your new bodies will not run on water, they will run on a different element, my fire." This is interesting because we are told our new bodies will be different, "Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is," (1 John 3:2), ""I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire," (Matthew 3:11), and " And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place[a] of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.  And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end," (Revelation 21:3-6), and "And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. 23 And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb. 24 By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, 25 and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there. 26 They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations. 27 But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life." (Revelation 21:22-27). I see those rays you are talking about, the light and what the Lord was calling fire to my relative, a light that is fire that did not burn the Burning bushes leaves (Exodus 3:1-17).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

18 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

Hello Marilyn,

I am pleased to make your acquaintance. Interesting notion. A close relative of mine noticed that we are water based creation, that the Lord made us to run on water (6 days without water you die), but noticed that her friend who was dying from cancer was refusing water. Perplexed, my relative asked the Lord, "Why is she refusing water Lord?" To which the Lord responded, "Your new bodies will not run on water, they will run on a different element, my fire." This is interesting because we are told our new bodies will be different, "Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is," (1 John 3:2), ""I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire," (Matthew 3:11), and " And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place[a] of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.  And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end," (Revelation 21:3-6), and "And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb. 23 And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp is the Lamb. 24 By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, 25 and its gates will never be shut by day—and there will be no night there. 26 They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations. 27 But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life." (Revelation 21:22-27). I see those rays you are talking about, the light and what the Lord was calling fire to my relative, a light that is fire that did not burn the Burning bushes leaves (Exodus 3:1-17).

Hi Fidei Defensor,

What great thoughts. Thank you for opening it up to us.

Marilyn.

5 minutes ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi Fidei Defensor,

What great thoughts. Thank you for opening it up to us.

Marilyn.

You are most welcome. I enjoy sharing and learning from others.

Fidei Defensor

Hey fidei,

I'm not sure if you caught that passage I posted earlier from Genesis, but I think now I can see where that theory I mentioned earlier derives from.  I'll post it again.  Note the section underlined and in bold.

Genesis 1:9 Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.

Could be where the idea came from for one land mass and one large body of water.  Could be more accurate than I had given it credit for.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.05
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, wingnut- said:

because the difference is the nations in the new heaven and earth will not be walking in the flesh, but in their spiritual bodies.

Hi wingnut

You nailed this one on the head!  Good work brother, the best answer I saw.

Yes everything in the new heaven and earth will be spiritual.  The people will be spirit, the trees are made out of spirit, the food is spirit, everything will be spirit, maybe new spiritual animals who knows?, but all flesh of every living kind is gone so therefore no use for the sea.

1 minute ago, Sister said:

Hi wingnut

You nailed this one on the head!  Good work brother, the best answer I saw.

Yes everything in the new heaven and earth will be spiritual.  The people will be spirit, the trees are made out of spirit, the food is spirit, everything will be spirit, maybe new spiritual animals who knows?, but all flesh of every living kind is gone so therefore no use for the sea.

So good to talk with you again Sister, always a pleasure. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, Fidei Defensor said:

I was reading Revelation and it says there will be no more sea/ocean, "Then I saw "a new heaven and a new earth," for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea." (Revelation 21:1). We are told there will be a river in middle of the New Jerusalem (Revelation 22:1), although that could be allegorical. What are your feelings on there being no more ocean? I cannot be mad at Lord, He knows why, and for those who suffer from Thalassophobia and Aquaphobia, this will be a relief.

Some translations indicate that sea is just passing away like other parts of earth being destroyed by God's fire for renewal, "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea," but other translations are adamentg that the sea no longer exists, "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea no longer existed."

The oceans / seas represent pagan nations, so using symbolic language, Revelation 21:1 is saying that in the eternal state there will be no pagan nations to oppose God, so only God's people will be living on the earth (Revelation 5:10).

13 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

In the book of Revelation it says "the Sea", as a singular, talks about something in a singular meaning. OCEAN, is a singular, it is not OCEANS, if you give a literal meaning, and substitute the "SEA", for "OCEAN", then we would like to know which one, because we have a number of OCEANS. 

Do you believe that today we still have what is called "the Sea", or it has passed away. 

Hello friend,

First, I want to apologize for misunderstanding what you were saying in your original post.  After re-reading the discussion I see that in your original post you clearly state that ocean does not appear in scripture.  I got confused in your explanation when you brought ocean into it and developed tunnel vision lol.  If I understand you correctly, it appears you hold to the theory I had mentioned earlier who see the mention of sea in Revelation as a symbolic reference to the "sea of humanity".

Second, to answer your question as to whether or not I believe the sea has passed away.  No, I do not.  When God called the waters to one place in Genesis, He named His creation the seas, and I do not believe He changed His mind.  The reason for this is simple, because nowhere in scripture does He call it anything else.

Over time people have given the seas different names, I suspect this was done to assist in navigation.  Today we have oceans, seas, lakes, gulfs, and bays to name the ones that come to mind immediately.  It makes it simpler for us when we look at a map, but I don't think that changes what God calls it.

I do find it interesting that when God gathered all the water into one place He named it seas.  We automatically think of seas as being plural, but clearly if all the waters were gathered into one place the word "seas" was singular.  How that plays into the word sea in other parts of scripture I do not know, perhaps it is a matter of different languages, or perhaps it is symbolic.

God bless

8 hours ago, Limey_Bob said:

The oceans / seas represent pagan nations, so using symbolic language, Revelation 21:1 is saying that in the eternal state there will be no pagan nations to oppose God, so only God's people will be living on the earth (Revelation 5:10).

Interesting take on the verse. I know that in Revelation 13, when it says "The First Beast came from seas, it isn't the ocean like Neptune, but from a sea of people."