Who's right?who's wrong? Is anyone right

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Looking at how hot the modesty debate has gotten. A particular  issue kept popping up which had me wondering. So tell me what u think of this  related situation 

IMG-20170502-WA0012.jpg

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

Is the man on the left a Pastor or a Deacon? I think at first he should be somewhat kind with his approach but if she continues to dress provocatively then a harsher approach may be necessary.

I vote for the scene on the left.

44 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

Is the man on the left a Pastor or a Deacon? I think at first he should be somewhat kind with his approach but if she continues to dress provocatively then a harsher approach may be necessary.

I vote for the scene on the left.

More -he said- for the last time so it's not the first time  it happened and notevwhat the mother said. He was a deacon

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

I didn't get that the second woman was the mother of the first. 

Not really sure what your question is here. Are you asking if it's appropriate for a man to talk to the young woman about her clothing, or better for a woman to talk to her? Or something else?

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I don't get any of this. You all must go to a church that is way different then mine.  As I have never seen anything like this ever happen. We just welcome everyone in and tell them we are glad they are here. Has this really gone on in your church? If so who is it in your church that decide how short is too short or whatever? 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

The Biblical role of a deacon in the church is one of benevolence and service - not running around telling teenage girls multiple times that their dresses are too short and too tight.  According to the Bible, the role of a deacon is one of a servant - tending to the needs of others and ministering literally as one waiting on tables would do. 

As I said to you before - we can have this discussion without pictures of scantily dressed women, real OR cartoon.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

The true problem with this all is that it all distracts from the main purpose of attending Church. None of belongs at church. From the way you dress to the issue of who does what. It is all what "Man" thinks feels and assumes. Is any of it really works or praise of God? Even to our discussions of the matter. Is it for the betterment of Mankind in Faith or more of us letting our human nature direct us?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

33 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I don't get any of this. You all must go to a church that is way different then mine.  As I have never seen anything like this ever happen. We just welcome everyone in and tell them we are glad they are here. Has this really gone on in your church? If so who is it in your church that decide how short is too short or whatever? 

Unfortunately, many churches have this as an issue. I'm glad to hear that your Church can see pass this and stay on God.

Hmmm,,

45 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

This was  born from  something that pricked me  in the comments takes from the modesty post. A few of the women said theyd be offended if a man were to tell them their dress was inappropriate ansd thought itd be better for him to tell a woman to talk to her.

My question is this though- Is the messenger  always relevant or can we just ignore and listen to the message. It kinda reminds me of Ahab in the bible,(not that I am putting anyone on his level of wickedness) he hated the godly prophets for their bad news and warning , so much so he never paid any heed to them. Had he ignored the messenger and heeded the message, he would have fared better. Which is something I want to apply to my life.

A couple of context points though- The deacon said- youve been here five years and you know our standards. Thus its implied the young lady is violating the church's standards of dress even though shes been there for a while and know then.

He also says- for the last time- so shes been told already.

Theres a huge difference between a person who's new to a church who may not know how things go and breaks them  out of ignorance and a person who knows them and does it out of defiance. While we should welcome people, we dont let them run amuck after they know better

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

Hmmm,,

This was  born from  something that pricked me  in the comments takes from the modesty post. A few of the women said theyd be offended if a man were to tell them their dress was inappropriate ansd thought itd be better for him to tell a woman to talk to her.

My question is this though- Is the messenger  always relevant or can we just ignore and listen to the message. It kinda reminds me of Ahab in the bible,(not that I am putting anyone on his level of wickedness) he hated the godly prophets for their bad news and warning , so much so he never paid any heed to them. Had he ignored the messenger and heeded the message, he would have fared better. Which is something I want to apply to my life.

A couple of context points though- The deacon said- youve been here five years and you know our standards. Thus its implied the young lady is violating the church's standards of dress even though shes been there for a while and know then.

He also says- for the last time- so shes been told already.

Theres a huge difference between a person who's new to a church who may not know how things go and breaks them  out of ignorance and a person who knows them and does it out of defiance. While we should welcome people, we dont let them run amuck after they know better

Okay I think I can cover a few things here bass on me being who I am on how I would be in a case like this:(For this story I will play the girl)

First off the statement of You know our standards:  Well as for me. I would not be attending a church that has a standard of dress. So the first time the pastor or deacon comes up to me an tells me my clothing is not of their church's standards, I would find a new church to attend.  Because a church having a dress code goes against everything I believe. 

Next is if  I know that the church has a standard of dress:  If I choice to become a member of a church, then I must do my very best to follow all the rules of that church, regardless if I agree with them or not. But I guess if I don't agree with all the rules of the church then I best not become a member. I do not think that this would apply to someone who is not a member of the church. But if the leadership of the church makes a rule that all who attend members or non-members must follow a dress code rule, then if you are going to attend such a church you better be following the rule.  I don't know if they toss someone out for braking such a rule or how they go about enforcing it, maybe you're not allowed to teach Sunday School or something like that I don't know. But whatever the church rules are you should follow them. So going by the picture it would depend on rather or not the girl is a member or not. Also if the girl is a teenager, the church leader should talk to the girl's parents and not the teenager. If she attends alone well I don't know it is all very complicated.

Next if it was a lady and not a leader of in church would say this to me about my clothing:  Well I think I would be very offended! And I would ignore what she said. End of story goodbye and all of that ! 

If it was a man who said that my clothing made him think bad thoughts: Well I would tell him shame on him because I am a married women and he should not be having such thoughts about me! Get control of yourself man! But if we were say good friends and he said this to me I might consider what I am wearing and change into to something else if it was really bothering him. The key word being consider here as I would use my own judgment in deciding rather or not I needed to change. If he says this and all I am wearing is a t-shirt and blue jeans well I am not going to be changing. But if I am wearing a very very short dress( by the way I would never wear) then maybe. 

Okay I think I cover it all for you from my own thoughts on the matter. Maybe not anyone else's thoughts but mine.  Enjoy!