An innocent child - heaven or hell?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Do you believe that an innocent child goes to heaven or hell if they die? How about a new born baby that dies?

Edited by Knower

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I believe that the premise is a bit flawed. I do not believe that a child or a baby is innocent. I believe that they are self centered, and that makes them guilty of idolatry - which is sinful, not innocent. Never-the-less, they are uneducated in these matters, and although not innocent, they are ignorant, and that God, it His mercy, does not hold them accountable, for their ignorance of how to live in obedience to their creator.

At some point in the consciousness of a normal human being, he/she becomes aware of self guilt, develops a conscience and awareness of having done wrong. When a being capable of moral choice (a being created with a spiritual nature) chooses to violate that awareness, and chooses to persist in sin - then such persons are separating themselves from their creator, and need to be cleansed of their sins, they need a savior to impart to them, the righteousness that they cannot accomplish for themselves.

How about you, Knower? Are you aware of your sinfulness? Have you sought forgiveness from God, through His Son, Jesus Christ? What is it, that you think?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Children and babies go to heaven if course. There's a verse where king David talks about seeing his child who died in heaven.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Knower

I do agree with Omegaman & therefore my answer is "yes,by the Grace of God in All His Mercy they will go to Him " before the age of reason/accountability     ....I think the time when ones awareness and ability to make their choice is different for each individual .....I think I recall it is believed the age of 7 to be the "age of reason".....I would imagine between that age & around age 10 an individual knows well what they are doing....I'm sure it is debatable

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

8 hours ago, Absolem said:

Children and babies go to heaven if course. There's a verse where king David talks about seeing his child who died in heaven.

Yes, innocent children, who die before they reach the age of reason  go to heaven.

2 Sam. 12: 23, But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me.

In other words, the child was taken to Heaven and David stated that he would see him when he himself dies.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

I believe children under the age of accountability go to heaven.The age   of accountability  varies from 5-12yrs of age. Generally to is when a child can full comprehend the Gospel and make their choice (John 3:16-19). 

The reason the Lord takes children is to spare them, "Good people pass away; the godly often die before their time. But no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come. (Isaiah 57:1).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

In all the bible I never remember children and their return being mentioned, BUT, I do know that no dead child will return only to enter heaven (John 3:5), because all humans are first born of flesh, and later born of spirit, so this honor is reserved for the tried and true of the aged (sifted wheat and all that). However, with god being the all loving being that he is, it might seem plausible for them to be brought back to life.

Edited by Gluttonous Winebibber

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

They go to heaven. They are saved unto the age of accountability. That is the age when they can know who Jesus Christ is and be saved.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.32

On 5/4/2017 at 5:15 AM, Knower said:

Do you believe that an innocent child goes to heaven or hell if they die? How about a new born baby that dies?

Heaven. They return to the Father from whence their soul was given them. Their flesh returns to the earth from whence it sprang in the beginning. They are pure and unblemished because the son /daughter does not inherit the sins of their father/mother. As scripture in the Old Testament tells us. 
Therefore, the born by God's will do not inherit the sin of the first mother and father of us all at birth. When those newborns die, that innocent child dies, they are sinless having not yet reached the age of accountability. That time when they consciously know right from wrong and the consequences . And make a conscious choice to obey or disobey. Which is not in the purview of a newborn baby nor a child. 

We must become like children our Lord Christ said, in order to enter the kingdom of Heaven. Innocent, trusting, without guile. What would it mean then if a child could enter Hell when they die? Or a newborn baby? What would Jesus have meant when he did not include that in his parable? 

It means Hell is not an option for newborns nor children. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85

4 hours ago, PlanetChee said:

Heaven. They return to the Father from whence their soul was given them. Their flesh returns to the earth from whence it sprang in the beginning. They are pure and unblemished because the son /daughter does not inherit the sins of their father/mother. As scripture in the Old Testament tells us. 
Therefore, the born by God's will do not inherit the sin of the first mother and father of us all at birth. When those newborns die, that innocent child dies, they are sinless having not yet reached the age of accountability. That time when they consciously know right from wrong and the consequences . And make a conscious choice to obey or disobey. Which is not in the purview of a newborn baby nor a child. 

We must become like children our Lord Christ said, in order to enter the kingdom of Heaven. Innocent, trusting, without guile. What would it mean then if a child could enter Hell when they die? Or a newborn baby? What would Jesus have meant when he did not include that in his parable? 

It means Hell is not an option for newborns nor children. 

I totally agree! And that is also why infant baptism is a total waste of time.

Infant baptism is not taught in Scripture. There is not one word that mentions any such thing. On the contrary, it is clear from Scripture that baptism is only after men have repented and have been born again by the Spirit of God.

Infants are not lost due to the fact that they are not old enough to be responsible for any sins and therefore could not repent of known sins.

They cannot be fit candidates for water baptism which is a symbol of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and a testimony to the world that the individual has been saved from a life of sin and that he is walking in newness of life.

Only personal disciples and followers of Jesus Christ were commanded to be baptised (Matt. 28:19-20; Mark. 38:19-20; Mark 16:15-16; Acts 2: 38-39).