Badjao33

Why I Do Not Believe in Any of Today's "End Times" Prophesy

121 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I am new here and after reading through many threads, I know in advance that I am going to be in the minority with the following point of view. Of course I didn't read each and every thread, so maybe there are some others here that believe the same as I do. 

For a little back ground, I was once a believer of "End Times" prophesy, but that is no longer the case. This change in belief came from recent events in my life as well as reading the Bible again for the first time. I say it that way because much of what I learned about what was written in the Bible came from years of listening to various sermons almost every Sunday for over 30 years and taking what the pastors said without question. 

I had always thought that the Bible was written to us in this day and time. Don't get me wrong, it still applies to us today and through reading the Bible we can see how God dealt with people and certain circumstances in the past and from that we can get a pretty good idea on how God would deal with similar circumstances today, but once I realized that each book found in the Bible was written to a specific audience, who were facing specific circumstances, at a specific point in time, it changed everything. For example, while the prophecies found in the Book of Revelation were in the future when John wrote about them and when his original audience read about them, they would now be in our past.

Also, not a single writer in the Bible taught what is being taught today regarding the end times and from reading the Bible they clearly believed that it was their generation that would witness the return of Jesus. I will not be able to provide every example in this post, but I will present some of the more obvious ones.  

I will do my best to show where I am coming from below, but to put things into the simplest terms, I prefer to take what Jesus said and what is written in the Bible literally and not to go beyond what was said or written. 

In these next verses found in Matthew 23 Jesus is talking to several people, both His Disciples and the general public.

Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses; therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them. (Matthew 23:1-2)

“Therefore, behold, I am sending you prophets and wise men and scribes; some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city, so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. " (Matthew 23:34-36)

Then in Matthew 24 Jesus was asked in private by His disciples when the above, as well as when the temple would be "torn down" and the end of the age would take place. 

Jesus came out from the temple and was going away when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to Him. And He said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down.” 

As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age? " (Matthew 24:1-3) 

Jesus then went on to tell them that many will come in His name, that they would be hearing of wars and rumors of wars, that nation would rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there would be famines and earthquakes.

They would be delivered into tribulation, they would be killed and hated by all nations because of His name. Many would fall away and would betray one another and hate one another and many false prophets would arise and would mislead many and most people’s love would grow cold.

Jesus said that the gospel of the kingdom would be preached in the whole world and then the end will come.

There will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will. 

Jesus said that the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they would see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. 

And finally that:

...this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. (Matthew 24:34)

If you had been listening to Jesus saying all of these things on that very day, what would you believe? Wouldn't you believe that these things were going to happen in your lifetime? 

Let's go back to what Jesus said about the temple. 

“Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down.” (Matthew 24:2)

Since history shows that this prophesy was fulfilled in 70 AD (During the generation of the disciples), why is it so hard to believe that the rest of what Jesus said would take place did not occur also? 

"For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." (Matthew 16:27-28)

Are any of the disciples He said this to still alive today?

And why would Jesus tell Caiaphas the following?

"But He kept silent and did not answer. Again the high priest was questioning Him, and saying to Him, Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One? And Jesus said, I am; and you shall see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.(Mark 14:61-62)

What would you be thinking if Jesus had said this to you?

And why would Jesus lead His disciples to believe that some would be alive when He returns?

Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?” (John 21:22-23)

Once again, Jesus told many that the events he spoke of would occur in their time.

"Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples.... Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.." (Matthew 23:1,36)

What would you believe if you were Peter, James, John or Andrew and Jesus said the following?

they (all the tribes of the earth) shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory…This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." (Matthew 24:30,34)

"But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken....this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. " (Mark 13:24,25,30)

"For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled... for the powers of heaven shall be shaken…This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled." (Luke 21:22,26,32)

If you were Nathaniel?

"you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man. " (John 1:51)

The book of Revelation predicts that even the Jews who crucified Jesus would see His return:

"behold, He is coming in the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him" (Revelation 1:7)

Are those who killed Jesus still alive today?

This does not include the countless scriptures that show that the Apostles knew that they were in the last days and in the case of John the last hours.

"Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.” (1 John 2:18)

Would John tell people of that day it was "the last hour" if these events were 2000 years or more away?

“When YOU see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, YOU will know that its desolation is near.... For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written." (Luke 21:20,22)

If the prophesies as written did not come true, Jesus and those before Him would be a false prophets according to the scriptural definition found in Deuteronomy 18:22.

"If the prophet speaks in the LORD's name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the LORD did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared."

Everything had to occur or Jesus was a false prophet, and if that is the case, then nothing written in the Bible can be trusted.

Paul made it clear that he was living in the last days:

“Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son…” (Hebrews 1:1-2)

“Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for OUR instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come.
(1 Corinthians 10:11)

“Do not seek a wife. This is what I mean, brothers: the appointed time has grown very short. From now on, let those who have wives live as though they had none, and those who mourn as though they were not mourning, and those who rejoice as though they were not rejoicing, and those who buy as though they had no goods, and those who deal with the world as though they had no dealings with it. For the present form of this world is passing away. (1 Corinthians 7:27,29-31)

Why would Paul write this way if the events were to be delayed by hundreds/thousands of years? It makes no sense. 

Peter also made it clear that they were living in the last days at Pentecost:

Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

“‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.
I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved.’”
(Acts 2:14-21)

Jesus said in Matthew 24:14 that "the gospel of the kingdom would be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end would come" and Paul tells us that this "Great Commission" was fulfilled within the generation of the Apostles:

“If you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.” (Colossians 1:23)

“(the Gospel) which has come to you, just as in all the world also it is constantly bearing fruit and increasing, even as it has been doing in you also since the day you heard of it and understood the grace of God in truth.” (Colossians 1:6)

While I didn't give every example found in the New Testament, it is still clear, at least to me anyway, that the events prophesied were expected to occur within the generation of Jesus' disciples, and the way I see it, end times prophesy of today has no Biblical support and goes way beyond what is written.  Paul warned against going beyond what was written when writing to the Church at Corinth: 

"Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, so that in us you may learn not to exceed what is written, so that no one of you will become arrogant in behalf of one against the other." (1 Cor 4:6)  

After all, wouldn't it be an evil act for God to make every generation for the past 2,000 years wait for the return of Jesus and lead them to believe that they were living in the "Last Days" without the Day of the Lord ever taking place? Especially so for the disciples that Jesus spoke to directly who were expecting His imminent return? 

Edited by Badjao33

Hey badjao,

I see you are having issues understanding eschatology, which appear to be rooted in some basic understanding of the gospel message.  The disciples didn't understand it either until after Christ rose from the dead.  I could try and address your entire post, but there are so many things you are having issues with that it is probably best to just start with one and work out from there.

At the heart of this as I see it, is your understanding of this prophecy in particular, so I will just start here.

Revelation 1:7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

The first part of this verse is a reference to Daniel's prophecy, and the second part is a reference to Zechariah's prophecy.  Daniel stated that even those who pierced Him would see Him coming with clouds.  They will see Him because upon His return the resurrection will have taken place.  Daniel speaks of it here.

Daniel 12  “At that time Michael shall stand up,
The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people;
And there shall be a time of trouble,
Such as never was since there was a nation,
Even to that time.
And at that time your people shall be delivered,
Every one who is found written in the book.
2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
Some to everlasting life,
Some to shame and everlasting contempt
3 Those who are wise shall shine
Like the brightness of the firmament,
And those who turn many to righteousness
Like the stars forever and ever.

Note the section underlined and in bold.  I know many theorize different things in regards to the end times, and it can get quite confusing.  Continue to study for yourself.  The important thing to note from this passage in Daniel, these people are not just living people, but also people who were buried.  There is no death once all these things have taken place, and I'm sure you realize we are still burying people.

God bless

Your idea is held by many, but you must understand that the Lord  has never dated the coming time of the end as He describes it

For example, He tells of the 70th week decreed for Israel just as a number of the prophets do .... a time of worldwide vexation and destruction unparalleled that has never yet taken place

His only excuse is to keep Gentile salvation open until He decides otherwise [Romans 11:25-26]

On another occasion Peter tells this [2 Peter 3:8-9]

Your life is a small part of a few years, so do not hesitate to seek Him before He calls the game over

All of His discourse speaks of the time of the end still pending .... He waits until He is ready

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, wingnut- said:

Daniel 12  “At that time Michael shall stand up,
The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people;
And there shall be a time of trouble,
Such as never was since there was a nation,
Even to that time.
And at that time your people shall be delivered,
Every one who is found written in the book.
2 And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake,
Some to everlasting life,
Some to shame and everlasting contempt
3 Those who are wise shall shine
Like the brightness of the firmament,
And those who turn many to righteousness
Like the stars forever and ever.

Note the section underlined and in bold.  I know many theorize different things in regards to the end times, and it can get quite confusing.  Continue to study for yourself.  The important thing to note from this passage in Daniel, these people are not just living people, but also people who were buried.  There is no death once all these things have taken place, and I'm sure you realize we are still burying people.

Thank you for the reply.

In reference to Daniel 12:2 God's plan was always for each individual from Adam until the day of the Lord to be judged fairly.

"The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them." (Ezekiel 18:20)

And there was always an appointed day for judgment for all people (The righteous and wicked) who ever lived.

"Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.... Having a hope in God, which these men cherish themselves, that there shall certainly be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked" (Acts 17:31)(Acts 24:15)

And yes, we are still burying people today, but the way I see it, the events in Daniel 12:2 had to have taken place already. Those mentioned would have been included in the second resurrection. 

The first resurrection occurred with Jesus of course, and through faith all believers have been resurrected with Christ.

"...If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you. " (Romans 8:9-11)

"We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life." (Romans 6:4)

And the second resurrection would have occurred on the day of the Lord.

"Jesus said to her, ‘Your brother will rise again.’ Martha said to Him, ‘I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.’”
(John 11:23-24)

In quoting Daniel you gave us an example of what the Jews were taught during that time in History from reading the scriptures. This is how Martha knew about the resurrection on the last day.

"Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued. "Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake, these to everlasting life, but the others to disgrace and everlasting contempt." (Daniel 12:1-2)

The words of Jesus echo that of Daniel when He speaks of the things that will occur during the generation of the Apostles.

(There will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time;)

For at that time there will be great tribulation, unmatched from the beginning of the world until now, and never to be seen again." (Matthew 24:21)

The two resurrections would be spiritual, rather than physical. The resurrection of the dead that took place at the end of the Old Covenant age was not a resurrection of dead physical bodies, but a release from death of all who had been waiting through the centuries to be reunited with God in the heavenly kingdom. We have eternal life through Christ, and will be united in heaven with all those who have gone before us when our physical bodies die.

Below Paul explains the resurrection and the differences between our earthly and spiritual bodies.

"But someone will say, "How are the dead raised? And with what kind of body do they come?" You fool! That which you sow does not come to life unless it dies; and that which you sow, you do not sow the body which is to be, but a bare grain, perhaps of wheat or of something else.

But God gives it a body just as He wished, and to each of the seeds a body of its own. All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one flesh of men, and another flesh of beasts, and another flesh of birds, and another of fish. There are also heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is one, and the glory of the earthly is another. There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for star differs from star in glory. So also is the resurrection of the dead It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body." (1 Corinthians 15:35-44)

For those who died under the Old Covenant, Jesus was the Resurrection, but for those who lived and were born in the days of the New Covenant, Jesus is the Life and today under the New Covenant, there is no death spiritually speaking.

"But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting? The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Corinthians 15:54-57)

Since there is no death, there is no need of a future resurrection because we now have eternal life and can never die spiritually.

"Now if Christ is preached, that He has been raised from the dead, how do some among you say that there is no resurrection of the dead?" (1 Corinthians 15:12)

All who died before the Resurrection of Jesus were judged according to their faith and how they lived their lives. The following verse in Revelation tells us that every man who had died prior to the day of the Lord would be raised to face their fate according to their works.

"And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works." (Rev 20:12-13)

Since all of the speakers in the Bible as well as the narratives written at that time were addressing the people of their day, I see no reason not to believe that everything has already taken place. 

Looking at the Book of Revelation,  in the very first verses we find that what is revealed to John by Jesus "must soon take place" and was to be shared with His servants.

“The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
(Revelation 1:1,3)

Throughout the Book of Revelation it is clear that all events were going to soon take place.

“Therefore repent; or else I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war against them with the sword of My mouth.” (Revelation 2:16)

I am coming quickly; hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your crown.” (Revelation 3:11)

And he said to me, “These words are faithful and true”; and the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, sent His angel to show to His bond-servants the things which must soon take place.”(Revelation 22:6)

And behold, I am coming quickly. Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book.” (Revelation 22:7)

“And he said to me, ‘Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near.” (Revelation 22:10)

Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man ]according to what he has done.” (Revelation 22:12)

"He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly.”Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.” (Revelation 22:20)

Anyone hearing or reading those words in that day and time would expect things to be happening very soon as it is written with urgency. It clearly was not written for people 2,000 years in the future, and the intent was to warn those reading these revelations that they need to be prepared for what is about to take place. 

And since the prophesies found in the Old Testament where addressed to, and predicting the future of Israel, why would they have not already taken place?

And going back to the words of Jesus once again:

“But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other."

“Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place." (Matthew 24:29-34)

“But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone." (Matthew 24:36)

While Jesus did not know the exact day or the time of these events taking place when speaking to his disciples, He did know that these things would take place within their generation. This would be the same as a pregnant woman knowing that she is going to give birth within nine months, but even then, she would not know the exact day or hour that the baby was going to be born. 

We also have Jesus' own words as to when ALL prophecy was to be fulfilled in Luke chapter 21.

In verse 22 Jesus spoke of the destruction of Jerusalem and said "These are the days of vengeance in which ALL THINGS WRITTEN MUST BE FULFILLED." And in verse 32 He says "this generation will not pass away until ALL THINGS TAKE PLACE." 

Jesus clearly says that those were the days all these events were going to take place and that all that had been written would be fulfilled. Anyone hearing His words would be expecting to see these things take place. 

Since Jesus nailed the prediction He made about the destruction of the temple happening within the generation of the disciples, I'm just going to have to trust Jesus and His words on this subject.

3 hours ago, Daniel 11:36 said:

For example, He tells of the 70th week decreed for Israel just as a number of the prophets do .... a time of worldwide vexation and destruction unparalleled that has never yet taken place

His only excuse is to keep Gentile salvation open until He decides otherwise [Romans 11:25-26]

On another occasion Peter tells this [2 Peter 3:8-9]

Yes, Jesus was referring to scripture when he was talking to His disciples, but keep in mind that He also said that these things would occur within their generation. The people had about 40 years to come to repentance. 

Since the Bible is a historical reference to the nation of Israel and creation of the Church (The body of Christ), we have to look at everything written from a historical point of view. When you look at Matthew 24 from a purely historical perspective, then it becomes clear that it means exactly what it says. There is going to be tribulation, Jesus is going to return, and Judgment Day will occur before that generation of people passes away.

I think that too many Christians are viewing things from a theological/religious point of view, and that is where the error comes from (Going beyond what is written). As I mentioned, I believed in a lot of the end times prophesy for most of my life and was looking for signs and expecting to see things unfolding during my lifetime. But so did people for many generations before me. It was only recently that I saw everything in a different light. 

I will be leaving for work now so I will not be able to reply anytime soon. It may even be a few days. I know my point of view is different than most, thank you both for sharing yours and I look forward to continuing this discussion in the future.  God bless. 

Edited by Badjao33

1 hour ago, Badjao33 said:

I will be leaving for work now so I will not be able to reply anytime soon. It may even be a few days. I know my point of view is different than most, thank you both for sharing yours and I look forward to continuing this discussion in the future.  God bless. 

Hello again badjao,

No need to worry about time, respond when you have the chance.  I can see that you have a lot to say about this, so don't think I am ignoring all of what you are saying.  As I said earlier though, it is best to stick with dealing on one issue at a time, so I am just going to stay with one topic.  First I want to address the issue regarding your understanding as related to death, and how you agree that people are still dying.

Revelation 20:11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God,and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

The underlined part above is what I wanted to point out to you in particular, once death is cast into the lake of fire, it is no more.  This means of course that this has not happened yet, as you agree, people are still dying.  So looking to the next chapter, we see confirmation of this.

Revelation 21: 3 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. 4 And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.

People still cry, people still die, people still have sorrow and pain..... the former things are still around.  In closing I want to share with you something else that Paul discussed, regarding the difference between the natural bodies we have now versus the spiritual bodies we will receive.

I Corinthians 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual. 47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

Pay particular attention to verse 49, two different tenses used, borne as in present, bear as in future.  So if the resurrection already occurred as you believe, where are all the spiritual bodies?  Where is Paul?  Where is Jesus?  Where are all the others with their incorruptible bodies?

I Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— 52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory."

Verse 51 says all will be changed, that includes you and I.  I assure you my body is not incorruptible or immortal.  Neither has the saying that is written been brought to pass, "Death is swallowed up in victory."  Not as long as people are still dying.

God bless

10 hours ago, Badjao33 said:

I am new here and after reading through many threads, I know in advance that I am going to be in the minority with the following point of view. Of course I didn't read each and every thread, so maybe there are some others here that believe the same as I do. 

For a little back ground, I was once a believer of "End Times" prophesy, but that is no longer the case. This change in belief came from recent events in my life as well as reading the Bible again for the first time. I say it that way because much of what I learned about what was written in the Bible came from years of listening to various sermons almost every Sunday for over 30 years and taking what the pastors said without question. 

I had always thought that the Bible was written to us in this day and time. Don't get me wrong, it still applies to us today and through reading the Bible we can see how God dealt with people and certain circumstances in the past and from that we can get a pretty good idea on how God would deal with similar circumstances today, but once I realized that each book found in the Bible was written to a specific audience, who were facing specific circumstances, at a specific point in time, it changed everything. For example, while the prophecies found in the Book of Revelation were in the future when John wrote about them and when his original audience read about them, they would now be in our past.

Also, not a single writer in the Bible taught what is being taught today regarding the end times and from reading the Bible they clearly believed that it was their generation that would witness the return of Jesus. I will not be able to provide every example in this post, but I will present some of the more obvious ones.  

I will do my best to show where I am coming from below, but to put things into the simplest terms, I prefer to take what Jesus said and what is written in the Bible literally and not to go beyond what was said or written. 

In these next verses found in Matthew 23 Jesus is talking to several people, both His Disciples and the general public.

Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples, saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses; therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them. (Matthew 23:1-2)

“Therefore, behold, I am sending you prophets and wise men and scribes; some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city, so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. " (Matthew 23:34-36)

Then in Matthew 24 Jesus was asked in private by His disciples when the above, as well as when the temple would be "torn down" and the end of the age would take place. 

Jesus came out from the temple and was going away when His disciples came up to point out the temple buildings to Him. And He said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down.” 

As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age? " (Matthew 24:1-3) 

Jesus then went on to tell them that many will come in His name, that they would be hearing of wars and rumors of wars, that nation would rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there would be famines and earthquakes.

They would be delivered into tribulation, they would be killed and hated by all nations because of His name. Many would fall away and would betray one another and hate one another and many false prophets would arise and would mislead many and most people’s love would grow cold.

Jesus said that the gospel of the kingdom would be preached in the whole world and then the end will come.

There will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will. 

Jesus said that the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they would see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. 

And finally that:

...this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. (Matthew 24:34)

If you had been listening to Jesus saying all of these things on that very day, what would you believe? Wouldn't you believe that these things were going to happen in your lifetime? 

Let's go back to what Jesus said about the temple. 

“Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, not one stone here will be left upon another, which will not be torn down.” (Matthew 24:2)

Since history shows that this prophesy was fulfilled in 70 AD (During the generation of the disciples), why is it so hard to believe that the rest of what Jesus said would take place did not occur also? 

"For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." (Matthew 16:27-28)

Are any of the disciples He said this to still alive today?

And why would Jesus tell Caiaphas the following?

"But He kept silent and did not answer. Again the high priest was questioning Him, and saying to Him, Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One? And Jesus said, I am; and you shall see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.(Mark 14:61-62)

What would you be thinking if Jesus had said this to you?

And why would Jesus lead His disciples to believe that some would be alive when He returns?

Jesus answered, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me.” Because of this, the rumor spread among the believers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, “If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?” (John 21:22-23)

Once again, Jesus told many that the events he spoke of would occur in their time.

"Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples.... Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.." (Matthew 23:1,36)

What would you believe if you were Peter, James, John or Andrew and Jesus said the following?

they (all the tribes of the earth) shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory…This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." (Matthew 24:30,34)

"But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken....this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. " (Mark 13:24,25,30)

"For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled... for the powers of heaven shall be shaken…This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled." (Luke 21:22,26,32)

If you were Nathaniel?

"you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man. " (John 1:51)

The book of Revelation predicts that even the Jews who crucified Jesus would see His return:

"behold, He is coming in the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him" (Revelation 1:7)

Are those who killed Jesus still alive today?

This does not include the countless scriptures that show that the Apostles knew that they were in the last days and in the case of John the last hours.

"Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.” (1 John 2:18)

Would John tell people of that day it was "the last hour" if these events were 2000 years or more away?

“When YOU see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, YOU will know that its desolation is near.... For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written." (Luke 21:20,22)

If the prophesies as written did not come true, Jesus and those before Him would be a false prophets according to the scriptural definition found in Deuteronomy 18:22.

"If the prophet speaks in the LORD's name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the LORD did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared."

Everything had to occur or Jesus was a false prophet, and if that is the case, then nothing written in the Bible can be trusted.

Paul made it clear that he was living in the last days:

“Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son…” (Hebrews 1:1-2)

“Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for OUR instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come.
(1 Corinthians 10:11)

“Do not seek a wife. This is what I mean, brothers: the appointed time has grown very short. From now on, let those who have wives live as though they had none, and those who mourn as though they were not mourning, and those who rejoice as though they were not rejoicing, and those who buy as though they had no goods, and those who deal with the world as though they had no dealings with it. For the present form of this world is passing away. (1 Corinthians 7:27,29-31)

Why would Paul write this way if the events were to be delayed by hundreds/thousands of years? It makes no sense. 

Peter also made it clear that they were living in the last days at Pentecost:

Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. These people are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

“‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.
I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood and fire and billows of smoke.
The sun will be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood
before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
And everyone who calls
on the name of the Lord will be saved.’”
(Acts 2:14-21)

Jesus said in Matthew 24:14 that "the gospel of the kingdom would be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end would come" and Paul tells us that this "Great Commission" was fulfilled within the generation of the Apostles:

“If you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.” (Colossians 1:23)

“(the Gospel) which has come to you, just as in all the world also it is constantly bearing fruit and increasing, even as it has been doing in you also since the day you heard of it and understood the grace of God in truth.” (Colossians 1:6)

While I didn't give every example found in the New Testament, it is still clear, at least to me anyway, that the events prophesied were expected to occur within the generation of Jesus' disciples, and the way I see it, end times prophesy of today has no Biblical support and goes way beyond what is written.  Paul warned against going beyond what was written when writing to the Church at Corinth: 

"Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively applied to myself and Apollos for your sakes, so that in us you may learn not to exceed what is written, so that no one of you will become arrogant in behalf of one against the other." (1 Cor 4:6)  

After all, wouldn't it be an evil act for God to make every generation for the past 2,000 years wait for the return of Jesus and lead them to believe that they were living in the "Last Days" without the Day of the Lord ever taking place? Especially so for the disciples that Jesus spoke to directly who were expecting His imminent return? 

In a few words not one understandood at that time that Jesus Christ was telling them that he is going to be Glorified by the Father and be sitted on the Throne and be made the Judge of all. 

That every knee shall bow down before him and every eye will see him in his Glory, having the Keys of Hades and Death, and deciding where everyone is going and no one can appeal his judgement. 

Those who crusified him and those who had judge him, whether they believe in him later or not, they all show the Glory bestowed upon JESUS CHRIST. 

They all appear before him at the time of their death to be judge. 

All Authority has been given unto me. 

Definitely they show his doings, right after his resurrection. Beggining with the paraletic man at the gate of the Temple. 

The High Priest perceived him lock up in some dangeon in Hades, taking his punishment, as they had believed,

but then they show his doings right in the Temple, in their own territory. 

Sure Jesus had come back, and not only represented by the Holy Spirit, which that too is fine because the Holy Spirit faction in his name. 

Jesus did destroy the Temple at the time of his death on the Cross. 

He gave the sign of the torn uo veil. 

No need anymore for preists and the sacrifices, there was not need for this kind of Preisthood. 

He already fortell that by not giving a son to Zacharias, who the poor man could not retired and  continue in the service of the Temple past his retirement age , to being very old. 

And at the end he died and without Jonh taking his place. 

First he was not of the right age to assume his father's duties in the Temple by inheritance, and as he was growing old he abandon his Preisthood inheritance because God called him to a new ministry and he went to the dessert. 

Jonh knew the new covenant it was at hand.

Jonh new he will not have anyone to inherit his mission. 

Because he understood "one voice in the desert",

he knew the voice that revealed the CHRIST to the Nation of Israel will not come from the High Priest in the Temple. 

Jonh knew that because the leadership of the Jews did not endorsed him, the same way the will not endorsed the one he had come to reveal, JESUS the CHRIST, and he had began calling them vipers, another world for devils, way before JESUS CHRIST. 

Posted (edited)

Hi Badjao33

19 hours ago, Badjao33 said:

And finally that:

Of course many who heard would be expecting it to be in their times, but once Jesus was crucified and risen, he gave out the holy spirit to "whom he chose, then and now" so that all things he spoke and recorded in ink for us, so we can never forget his words, would come to remembrance, and the understanding clear.

The "generation" Jesus was speaking of, was the last generation of Israel who would witness these things, ....the tribulation, and the Son of Perdition ("The" False Prophet).  Their unbelief in Christ will carry on right to the end times.

Israel was destroyed in 70ad as we know, and they were scattered.  But in 1948, Israel was given a home land again.  It's this generation that will see the Lord coming in the clouds, not only Israel, but the gentiles who are born in this 1948 time era.

Jeremiah 25:29   For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.

Jeremiah 25:30   Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.

Jeremiah 25:31   A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.

sword = war

After the gospel has been preached to all nations (as a witness) the end will come.  Jeremiah is speaking of those end times.  Jeremiah gives a clue;

Jeremiah 25:9   Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the LORD, and Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetual desolations.

This is where many get tripped up and say, this already happened.  Nebuchadnezzar, the king of Babylon in the old times ruled over Jerusalem for 70 yrs, then destroyed it.  Satan is the true king of Babylon, who was behind that king at the time.  King Neb now is dead, but that same spirit of Babylon, and true ruler (Satan) will do the same again in the end times.  All the nations were not destroyed back then nor made perpetual desolations, for they all exist today.  God is going to use "Babylon",..."Babylon the Great" of today to cause utter destruction through war on Israel and all the nations.

Jeremiah 25:11   And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

Jeremiah 25:12   And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.

Jeremiah 25:13   And I will bring upon that land all my words which I have pronounced against it, even all that is written in this book, which Jeremiah hath prophesied against all the nations.

There you have it.  Israel and all the nations are serving the King Babylon (Satan).  The leaders have all gone corrupt.  None regard the Lord, and they serve the god of this world (Satan). 

God has given Israel and all the nations 70 yrs to repent.  That 70 yrs started in 1948.  Because we know that Israel became a State again in that year, a significant point in history, over 2000 yrs without a homeland, and then it was given back.

When the 70 yrs is up, the tribulation will start in Jerusalem, then spread to the whole world.  It will last 3 1/2 yrs.

So if we read carefully, this is not all past, but future.  Read the whole chapter and hopefully you will get clarity that it's speaking of the end times when the nations all receive their judgement.

Edited by Sister

3 hours ago, Sister said:

Hi Badjao33

Of course many who heard would be expecting it to be in their times, but once Jesus was crucified and risen, he gave out the holy spirit to "whom he chose, then and now" so that all things he spoke and recorded in ink for us, so we can never forget his words, would come to remembrance, and the understanding clear.

The "generation" Jesus was speaking of, was the last generation of Israel who would witness these things, ....the tribulation, and the Son of Perdition ("The" False Prophet).  Their unbelief in Christ will carry on right to the end times.

Israel was destroyed in 70ad as we know, and they were scattered.  But in 1948, Israel was given a home land again.  It's this generation that will see the Lord coming in the clouds, not only Israel, but the gentiles who are born in this 1948 time era.

Jeremiah 25:29   For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.

Jeremiah 25:30   Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.

Jeremiah 25:31   A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, he will plead with all flesh; he will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.

sword = war

After the gospel has been preached to all nations (as a witness) the end will come.  Jeremiah is speaking of those end times.  Jeremiah gives a clue;

Jeremiah 25:9   Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the LORD, and Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetual desolations.

This is where many get tripped up and say, this already happened.  Nebuchadnezzar, the king of Babylon in the old times ruled over Jerusalem for 70 yrs, then destroyed it.  Satan is the true king of Babylon, who was behind that king at the time.  King Neb now is dead, but that same spirit of Babylon, and true ruler (Satan) will do the same again in the end times.  All the nations were not destroyed back then nor made perpetual desolations, for they all exist today.  God is going to use "Babylon",..."Babylon the Great" of today to cause utter destruction through war on Israel and all the nations.

Jeremiah 25:11   And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

Jeremiah 25:12   And it shall come to pass, when seventy years are accomplished, that I will punish the king of Babylon, and that nation, saith the LORD, for their iniquity, and the land of the Chaldeans, and will make it perpetual desolations.

Jeremiah 25:13   And I will bring upon that land all my words which I have pronounced against it, even all that is written in this book, which Jeremiah hath prophesied against all the nations.

There you have it.  Israel and all the nations are serving the King Babylon (Satan).  The leaders have all gone corrupt.  None regard the Lord, and they serve the god of this world (Satan). 

God has given Israel and all the nations 70 yrs to repent.  That 70 yrs started in 1948.  Because we know that Israel became a State again in that year, a significant point in history, over 2000 yrs without a homeland, and then it was given back.

When the 70 yrs is up, the tribulation will start in Jerusalem, then spread to the whole world.  It will last 3 1/2 yrs.

So if we read carefully, this is not all past, but future.  Read the whole chapter and hopefully you will get clarity that it's speaking of the end times when the nations all receive their judgement.

Awesome post as always sister, well said.  :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, wingnut- said:

Awesome post as always sister, well said.  :thumbsup:

Thank you wingnut, I am glad you like these scriptures. 

Badjao33

Jeremiah prophesied this in the first year of King Neb's reign, so automatically we think it's speaking about the 70 yrs coming upon them back then, but this one is different, because it involves all the nations and all the kingdoms of the earth, not just Jerusalem,....and that "cup" God is going to make all the nations drink is the same cup spoken of in Revelation. 

So the prophecy goes even beyond that time to the end times, and it's for us now, because we are looking back with more clarity, and can ask questions like;

"Was the whole world destroyed back then when King Neb destroyed Jerusalem?"

No. 

"Was it a war involving every nation and every kingdom?"

No it wasn't, it was just Neb's kingdom against Jerusalem.

"Did God, the lion coming out of his hiding place with fierce anger show the world who he was?"

No because the world still don't know him, and that is all coming.

And that to me makes sense, because by the time Israel was given their homeland back in 1948, God had already made it possible for the New Testament to be published in a book together with the OT to be issued and really dispersed throughout the the nations, so anyone can enquire and learn more about who this man Jesus is that did so many wonderful things. 

And preachers are still preaching, so Jesus name and the good news of his salvation is still reaching the remote parts of the earth, and God has given it a final 70 years for every nation to hear that name of Jesus, inquire, and repent.  Even in parts of the islamic world where the bible is forbidden, they have still heard of Jesus name, and they can always go on to the internet privately to search the scriptures themselves if the Lord's spirit leads them.  And they can in turn spread the truth  to those who don't have internet or a bible at their disposal.  They can believe or not believe, it's up to them.  Main thing, all is given a chance.

Jeremiah 25, in my opinion, is the biggest clue of all time regarding the timing of the tribulation, and that little treasure hidden in there, we need to pick up.  Unfortunately the majority of the world are not interested, nor their leaders, they think the world as it is will go on forever,  but when that time is up, the door will be closed, so we'd all better get in there now like there's no tomorrow.

Posted (edited)

On 5/4/2017 at 0:40 PM, Badjao33 said:

I have read through you post my friend, and you seem to be having a few problems with the scriptures which speak in vague terms about GENERATIONS, I will try to fast forward my efforts to solving these issues, for they truly are damaging your understandings.

so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation. " (Matthew 23:34-36)

The Generation Jesus is speaking of here is the Generation that would crucify the Son of God (Jesus) so I don't get this point. 

And finally that:

I have done an Exegesis on the whole chapter of Matthew 24, and it seems because of Matthew 24:34 you have allowed yourself to think all prophecy is passed or the people who believe different are being deceived, BUT...You have erred in your understanding. Verse 34 is speaking about the GENERATION that sees all of these SIGNS coming to pass will be the GENERATION that sees Jesus' return. Now lets go over these SIGNS Brother.

I my study, Matthew 24:1-3 is the Disciples asking about what is coming and when will the Temple be Destroyed. Then Matthew 24:4-6 is about the Temples Destruction, Jesus tells the disciples, look many will come in my name (claiming to be the Messiah) but don't let them deceive you, for you are going to hear of Wars and Rumors of Wars don't let this Trouble/Alarm you, FOR THE END IS NOT YET

{{{ What does all of this mean? Well Jesus knew the Temple would be Destroyed, and he also knew the Holy Spirit would lead most of his disciples away from Jerusalem at that very time (of course he knows all) so he tells them you will hear of Wars and Rumors of Wars, this of course was Rome destroying Jerusalem and the Temple, and Jesus tells them sternly, DON'T BE ALARMED, THE END IS NOT YET !!! That is the key, Jesus is warning them not to come back to Jerusalem, thinking HE HAS RETURNED, he says when you hear of this which I have forewarned you about, don't think its THE END..........The End is not yet. You see the Jewish peoples and Pharisees thought Rome and their Kings were the LITTLE HORN of Daniel and were looking for their Messiah to come back and save them from the TIME OF TROUBLE Mentioned in Daniel 12:1. So, after killing their true Messiah, they put forth men who they claimed were the Messiah (they tried to force it) and this is what Jesus spoke of to the Pharisees when he said in John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. Jesus warned the disciples not to buy the lies, that the Messiah was in Jerusalem, and he tells them latter on where they will see him coming from. In the EASTERN SKIES...........He will not be in Jerusalem in AD 70. }}}

Matthew 24:7-13 is Jesus giving the disciples a Panoramic View of the full 2000 year period between the death of Jesus or just after AD 70, until the coming Rapture. REMEMBER....in verse 6 Jesus warns the END IS NOT YET, it will be by and by......then he goes forth to speak about Nation will rise against Nation and Kingdom against Kingdom, and pestilences/famines/earthquakes and they will deliver you up to be killed (most of the disciples died Martyrs) many false prophets will arise (that is obvious throughout the last 2000 years) and because of lawlessness the love of many will wax cold (look at the senseless murders in the 20th Century alone, over 100 Million murders) BUT....the ones that endure will be delivered/saved......this is about enduring ones LIFE FULL of tribulations, until the end, we are to run the full Marathon. The GOSPEL will be preached unto ALL THE WORLD and then AND ONLY THEN, WILL THE END COME !! That of course couldn't have happened 2000 years ago or 600 years ago. With the advent of TV, the Gospel has now been heard in all the world FOR SURE......It was getting there anyway, but TV clinched it. 

Matthew 24:32-44 should come next, it is speaking about the Rapture, but of course Matthew was not taught about the Rapture so it comes after the Second Coming, that seemed appropriate to Matthew, until Paul spoke of the Rapture no one knew about it.

Matthew 24:14-26 is the TIME OF TROUBLES which happen after the Abomination of Desolation, it is an End Time Event and can not be anything else. See Daniel 12:1-2 which speaks about the same thing, and then look at verse two where it speaks about the DEAD BEING RAISED FOR JUDGMENT !!! End Time Event. In verse 22 we are told that unless this time was SHORTENED no Flesh would be saved, that could not have happened 2000 years ago, could it? Then we see that Jesus warns Israel not to come out of their PROTECTED/SAFE ZONE in verses 23-26, because we know Israel FLEES to the Wilderness like Jesus warned in verse 16, and we see that in Rev. Ch. 12 where Israel (Woman) Flees unto the Wilderness where God protects her for 1260 Days. So in Matt. 24:23-26 Jesus warns Israel, DON'T BE TRICKED, the false prophet and anti-christ will perform miracles and tell you they are me come again, do not go unto them in the Desert or in their Secret Chambers, for I will come in the EASTERN SKIES, immediately after the Tribulation of those days.

Matthew 24:27-31 is of course the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, coming from the clouds. 

When you see ALL OF THESE SIGNS.............That Generation will not pass, until they see Jesus return. 

Did the Sun, Moon and Stars not show their light 2000 years ago? NO.......Then that was not the GENERATION Jesus was speaking about. When will that event happen? During the TRIBULATION OF THOSE DAYS (Future Event). Were the DAYS SHORTENED? Of course not. The MANY WARS Described in verses 7-13 had not happened. The Gospel had not been preached unto ALL THE WORLD 2000 years ago. The Abomination of Desolation has NOT HAPPENED despite what some say, its a FUTURE EVENT and can be nothing else. Israel have not fled into the Wilderness where God has protected them for 3 1/2 years. 

WHEN YE SEE ALL OF THESE THINGS.......

33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

The Generation that sees all of these things will not pass until all these things are fulfilled. 

Edited by Revelation Man