Badjao33

Why I Do Not Believe in Any of Today's "End Times" Prophesy

1 minute ago, Keras said:

Sure the Apostles thought they may see the last days and this belief has been held by some thru the ages, but it plainly wasn't what God planned. 

Y'SHUA HAMASHIACH delayed His Return so far, yes,

but when the Apostles and all the disciples thought they may see the last days , thought they were living in the last days,

that was truth, and good, and right, and perfectly as YHWH Planned and Orchestrated and Purposed,

just as all the disciples ever since then have looked eagerly for His Justice to be Executed upon the earth soon,  and cry out to Him  wonderfully and joyously for Y'SHUA MEssiah to return quickly !

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2017 at 3:09 PM, wingnut- said:

And not everything can be taken as figurative and symbolic either.  Zechariah says His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, that is not a symbolic reference, nor is going to war against the nations.  You still haven't answered my earlier question, did all of Rome bow down to Jesus in 70AD?

Jesus did set literally foot on the Mt of Olives in fulfillment of Zech as Tertullian Explains:

"'But at night He went out to the Mount of Olives.' For thus had Zechariah pointed out: 'And His feet shall stand in that day on the Mount of Olives' [Zech. xiv. 4]." 

Tertullian was alluding to the fact that the Olivet prophecy set the stage for the judgment-coming of Christ that would once for all break down the Jewish/Gentile division.

Matthew Henry further explains the theology behind the prophecy:

The partition-wall between Jew and Gentiles shall be taken away. The mountains about Jerusalem, and particularly this, signified it to be an enclosure, and that it stood in the way of those who would approach to it. Between the Gentiles and Jerusalem this mountain of Bether, of division, stood, Cant. ii. 17. But by the destruction of Jerusalem this mountain shall be made to cleave in the midst, and so the Jewish pale shall be taken down, and the church laid in common with the Gentiles, who were made one with the Jews by the breaking down of this middle wall of partition, Eph. ii. 14.8

After using Rome as His rod to smite Jerusalem, God turns on Rome in judgment. Once again, Assyria is the model: "I send it against a godless nation and commission it against the people of My fury to capture booty and to seize plunder, and to trample them down like mud in the streets . . . . So it will be that when the Lord has completed all His work on Mount Zion and on Jerusalem, He will say, 'I will punish the fruit of the arrogant heart of the king of Assyria and the pomp of his haughtiness'" (Isa. 10:5­6, 12­13). It is significant that the decline of the Roman Empire dates from the fall of Jerusalem.

Thomas Scott concurs: "It is also observable, that the Romans after having been thus made the executioners of divine vengeance on the Jewish nation, never prospered as they had done before; but the Lord evidently fought against them, and all the nations which composed their overgrown empire; till at last it was subverted, and their fairest cities and provinces were ravaged by barbarous invaders."

Edited by LastDaze