kenny2212

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

2 Thess. 2:1- And now, what about the coming again of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our being gathered together to meet him? 

Most people think this passage is talking about the rapture but it is not. It talks about the day of judgement of Jesus Christ,

See Matt. 25:31-33.  The day of the Lord is a period of time when the will of the Lord is done. Mainly consists of rewards for the righteous and punishment for sinners. The rapture is part of the great day of the anger of the Lord, Rev. 6:17. This day consists of the withdrawal of God's kindness.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

A simpler understanding would be that they happen on the same day.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

Is is talking about the pre-tribulation immortality of those who follow the Lord .... no doubt

Then His judgment will come upon the earth [Revelation 6:12-17]

• Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/4/2017 at 5:35 PM, kenny2212 said:

2 Thess. 2:1- And now, what about the coming again of our Lord Jesus Christ, and our being gathered together to meet him? 

Actually, this is a rapture passage. Labor pains come in September. The word "encouragement" connected to labor pains and rapture..

1 Cor 14:1-8 Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy. 2For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit. 3But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. 4Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church. 5I would like every one of you to speak in tongues,b but I would rather have you prophesy. The one who prophesies is greater than the one who speaks in tongues, unless someone interprets, so that the church may be edified. 6Now, brothers and sisters, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction? 7Even in the case of lifeless things that make sounds, such as the pipe or harp, how will anyone know what tune is being played unless there is a distinction in the notes? 8Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle?

1 Thess 2:11-20 For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, 12encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory. 13And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe. 14For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews 15who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone 16in their effort to keep us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved. In this way they always heap up their sins to the limit. The wrath of God has come upon them at last. 17But, brothers and sisters, when we were orphaned by being separated from you for a short time (in person, not in thought), out of our intense longing we made every effort to see you. 18For we wanted to come to you—certainly I, Paul, did, again and again—but Satan blocked our way. 19For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you? 20Indeed, you are our glory and joy.

1 Thess 4:13-17 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up (harpazo) together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18Therefore encourage one another with these words.

1 Thess 5:1-14 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness. 6So then, let us not be like others, who are asleep, but let us be awake and sober. 7For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, get drunk at night. 8But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet. 9For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. 10He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. 11Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 12Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you. 13Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone.

2 Thess 2:1-17 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the falling away (rapture) occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God. 5Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness. 13But we ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters loved by the Lord, because God chose you as firstfruits to be saved through the sanctifying work of the Spirit and through belief in the truth. 14He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter. 16May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

2 Tim 4:1-5 In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.

Titus 2:11-15 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. 15These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.

Heb 10:19-25 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

1 Pet 5:1-14 To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder and a witness of Christ’s sufferings who also will share in the glory to be revealed: 2Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; 3not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. 4And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away. 5In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.” 6Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. 10And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen. 12With the help of Silas, whom I regard as a faithful brother, I have written to you briefly, encouraging you and testifying that this is the true grace of God. Stand fast in it. 13She who is in Babylon, chosen together with you, sends you her greetings, and so does my son Mark. 14Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace to all of you who are in Christ.

On 5/4/2017 at 5:35 PM, kenny2212 said:

The day of the Lord is a period of time when the will of the Lord is done. Mainly consists of rewards for the righteous and punishment for sinners. The rapture is part of the great day of the anger of the Lord, Rev. 6:17. This day consists of the withdrawal of God's kindness.

Rapture is included in the Day of the Lord. Scripture speaks about that day and the rapture coming like a thief to nonbelievers. Labor Pains also in September, see 1 Thess 5:1-5..

Matt 24:37-43 As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left. 42“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into.

1 Thess 5:1-5 Now, brothers and sisters, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, 2for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, “Peace and safety,” destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4But you, brothers and sisters, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. 5You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

2 Pet 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 5/4/2017 at 4:35 PM, kenny2212 said:

Most people think this passage is talking about the rapture but it is not. It talks about the day of judgement of Jesus Christ,

See Matt. 25:31-33.  The day of the Lord is a period of time when the will of the Lord is done. Mainly consists of rewards for the righteous and punishment for sinners. The rapture is part of the great day of the anger of the Lord, Rev. 6:17. This day consists of the withdrawal of God's kindness.

What you really meant to say was "I don't believe in a pre-trib Rapture so I see it this way" 

The Day of the Lord is a period of Judgment on the world, it starts with the Seals and ends with the Seventh Vial. So its a 3 1/2 year period. We know the Sun, Moon ad stars are Darkened on that day, and that happens in Seal number 6, so it can't be on the Day Jesus returns.

The 2 Thessalonians 1 passage actually means just the opposite of what you suggest. I have been advocating lately for some people to stop using the KJV because they can't seem understand the Old English form of writing. 

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. (KJV)

=====================================================================================

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to Him: We ask you, brothers, 2 not to be easily upset in mind or troubled, either by a spirit or by a message or by a letter as if from us, alleging that the Day of the Lord has come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way. For that day will not come unless the apostasy{DEPARTING OF THE CHURCH} comes first and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction. 4 He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits in God’s sanctuary, publicizing that he himself is God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was still with you I told you about this? 6 And you know what currently restrains him, so that he will be revealed in his time. (HCSB)

You say it talks about the Day of Judgment. IT DOES, but what it CLEARLY SAYS, is that the Day of Judgement or Gods Wrath or Day of the Lord......WILL NOT COME......until the Gathering unto Christ (Rapture) happens and the Anti-Christ is Revealed (comes forth to Conquer). So some way, you got the meaning exactly backwards from what it actually means, so I would suggest deeper studies and trying bibles other than the KJV, such as the HCSB Above.

{MY INTERPRETATION} Now brothers we ASK you with URGENCY (BESEECH) as per the Rapture and coming of Jesus Christ to gather us unto him, NOT TO BE TROUBLED with worry in your spirit that the Day of the Lord's Wrath is come upon us,  don't listen to those who tell you this untruth (BY WORD) and don't believe any letter you get that says, I Paul, am saying these things, its a LIE, let no man DECEIVE YOU that the Day of the Lord's Wrath is come upon you, FOR THAT DAY CAN NOT COME until the Departure of the Church happens and then the Anti-Christ or MAN of SIN/BEAST (is Revealed) comes forth to Conquer, the one that will demand to be called GOD and who will defile the Temple, don't you guys remember? When I was with you I told you these things, but still you listen to rumors and lies being spread. And now you know what holds the Anti-Christ back from coming forth !!!

WHAT HOLDS HIM BACK?  Its plain as day, the Church has to DEPART FIRST. Paul says AND NOW YOU KNOW WHAT IS STOPPING The Day of the Lord from coming upon you, and no one sees what he is speaking about. SMH.

The First Seven English Translations had DEPART or DEPARTING and the Subject being spoken of is THE GATHERING TOGETHER UNTO THE LORD before the Day of the Lord can come......So FAITH is mention nowhere in the whole passage. The Subject is the RAPTURE of the Church unto the Lord. 

Thus the DEPARTING is speaking of the Church.............Not the FAITH which doesn't fit into the conversation anywhere. 

The Latin Vulgate also used a word that meant DEPARTING..........So why dd the KJV change it? Some suggest they were trying to stain the Catholic Church with a charge of DEPARTING FROM THE FAITH or what we know today as Apostasy.  (Churches attacking each other !!!)

This is about the Rapture happening before the Day of the Lord can come upon us.

Edited by Revelation Man

5 hours ago, Revelation Man said:

The Day of the Lord is a period of Judgment on the world, it starts with the Seals and ends with the Seventh Vial. So its a 3 1/2 year period.

The Day of the Lord is 7 years because of the 1260, 1290, 1335 days, and that Day begins with rapture and ends with Armageddon...

Micah 7:11-13 The day for building your walls will come, the day for extending your boundaries. 12In that day people will come to you from Assyria and the cities of Egypt, even from Egypt to the Euphrates and from sea to sea and from mountain to mountain. 13The earth will become desolate because of its inhabitants, as the result of their deeds.

Rev 9:13-16 The sixth angel sounded his trumpet, and I heard a voice coming from the four horns of the golden altar that is before God. 14It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.” 15And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind. 16The number of the mounted troops was twice ten thousand times ten thousand. I heard their number.

Rev 16:12-14 The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East. 13Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

1260, 1290, 1335 -

Edited by OneLight
NO YOUTUBE LINKS IN THREADS

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Day of Judgement, Day of God's wrath, Day of the Lord are not synonymous terms. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

6 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

The Day of the Lord is 7 years because of the 1260, 1290, 1335 days, and that Day begins with rapture and ends with Armageddon...

Micah 7:11-13 The day for building your walls will come, the day for extending your boundaries. 12In that day people will come to you from Assyria and the cities of Egypt, even from Egypt to the Euphrates and from sea to sea and from mountain to mountain. 13The earth will become desolate because of its inhabitants, as the result of their deeds.

Rev 9:13-16 The sixth angel sounded his trumpet, and I heard a voice coming from the four horns of the golden altar that is before God. 14It said to the sixth angel who had the trumpet, “Release the four angels who are bound at the great river Euphrates.” 15And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind. 16The number of the mounted troops was twice ten thousand times ten thousand. I heard their number.

Rev 16:12-14 The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East. 13Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

1260, 1290, 1335 -

Everywhere I have studied the Day of the Lord it coincides with Gods Wrath. The first 3 1/2 years the Anti-Christ rules by Peace and Security. I am not getting how those scriptures you cited show a Seven Year Period. Jacobs Trouble is SEVEN YEARS but the Anti-Christ Peace deal is a Forced Peace deal thus all of the Seven Years are Troubles for Israel, just the last 3 1/2 years are Gods Wrath, after Israel is protected, after they Flee. The one who don't Flee of course will be killed.

The Trumpet that dries up Euphrates River has nothing to do with the Sixth Vial and the Kings of the East. I think the 200 Million Horsemen Army is an Angelic Army that BRINGS FORTH PLAGUES.

Rev. 9:20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: 21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

I think many think because these four angels are said to be bound in the River Euphrates, everyone assumes they are demons, but upon further research, these angels are BOUND by an APPOINTED time at a certain place. These are Angels of God. Every Trumpet and Vial is put forth by Angels, even the bottomless pit is opened by an Angel (Star that falls to earth). 

Edited by Revelation Man

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

Out of curiosity I have to ask.  When you guys read the creation account, are each of those days 3 1/2 years or 7 years as well?  If not, why?