IGNORED

Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:” Romans 12:20

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  148
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Romans 15:20

“Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:”

Thoughts? Revelation? Modern day application?

Thank you for your input in advance and may God bless you all, in Jesus' name!

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

What comes to my mind is that Paul wasn't in the sheep stealing business lol

:D Amen! This is actually very helpful! The way you have phrased this brings me the clarity I was seeking and I thoroughly appreciate your part in allowing the Lord to bring me this revelation to me! Thank you, Jesus! And may God bless you, Yowm, in Jesus' mighty name!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I see that verse as Paul saying he was going to deliver the good news and start churches in places wherein the people had not heard Jesus himself speak. Thereby not delivering the gospel to areas where Jesus himself had already spoken. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

I think Paul is just being practical. Better to preach the Gospel where no one has heard it, than to add to Gospel preaching somewhere. I think perhaps Paul was considering Christ's words, "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14). In order for the end to actually come and Christ return (Revelation 1:7, Revelation 19:11-16) the gospel must be preached to all peoples.

9 hours ago, Happinessity said:

I see that verse as Paul saying he was going to deliver the good news and start churches in places wherein the people had not heard Jesus himself speak. Thereby not delivering the gospel to areas where Jesus himself had already spoken. 

Thank you for your input! I do appreciate that! God bless you, in Jesus' mighty name!

58 minutes ago, Fidei Defensor said:

...in order for the end to actually come and Christ return (Revelation 1:7, Revelation 19:11-16) the gospel must be preached to all peoples.

I really like the insight of linking this and the return of Jesus! Very wise! Thank you! And God bless you, in Jesus' mighty name!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:28 AM, Daniel_Quartararo said:

I really like the insight of linking this and the return of Jesus! Very wise! Thank you! And God bless you, in Jesus' mighty name!

No problem brother. I find your topics and threads very uplifting and full of the love of God. Keep it up!

I do think that our preaching the Gospel and sharing our testimony has End Time's ramification. While it is joy enough to see one turn to Christ, I think it makes us even bolder if we realize that every person we share the Gospel with is one more step towards Jesus' Return (Revelation 1:7, Revelation 19:11-16). This has a duo-effect, we want to share love we possess, the love of God manifest in Jesus Christ our Lord, and see people delivered from darkness into His glorious light, and yet we realize with each time we evangelize, it means we are one step closer to Emmanuel's return! So exciting!

Returning to the topic, I do think Paul is just encouraging people to branch out and preach to people who have not heard the Gospel for a couple of reasons, firstly to fulfill the end times promise of Christ that I've already shared, secondly to reach the lost who have not heard, and thirdly to coax the Church of Jerusalem, which had like those at Tower of Babel stayed put rather than followed the Great Commission, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." (Matthew 28:19). Paul was with crowd who wanted to do these words of Christ, along with Barnabas, Timothy, and even Peter who joined Him. James and Church of Jerusalem had kept put, and it was only after the persecution by Herod Antipas, where James was put to the sword (Acts 12:1-2).

I think Paul was trying to get their attention that the harvest was ripe in Asia, Greece, and even Rome itself, while rocky hard in Jerusalem and parts of Judea at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/7/2017 at 7:46 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

No problem brother. I find your topics and threads very uplifting and full of the love of God. Keep it up!

I do think that our preaching the Gospel and sharing our testimony has End Time's ramification. While it is joy enough to see one turn to Christ, I think it makes us even bolder if we realize that every person we share the Gospel with is one more step towards Jesus' Return (Revelation 1:7, Revelation 19:11-16). This has a duo-effect, we want to share love we possess, the love of God manifest in Jesus Christ our Lord, and see people delivered from darkness into His glorious light, and yet we realize with each time we evangelize, it means we are one step closer to Emmanuel's return! So exciting!

Returning to the topic, I do think Paul is just encouraging people to branch out and preach to people who have not heard the Gospel for a couple of reasons, firstly to fulfill the end times promise of Christ that I've already shared, secondly to reach the lost who have not heard, and thirdly to coax the Church of Jerusalem, which had like those at Tower of Babel stayed put rather than followed the Great Commission, "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit." (Matthew 28:19). Paul was with crowd who wanted to do these words of Christ, along with Barnabas, Timothy, and even Peter who joined Him. James and Church of Jerusalem had kept put, and it was only after the persecution by Herod Antipas, where James was put to the sword (Acts 12:1-2).

I think Paul was trying to get their attention that the harvest was ripe in Asia, Greece, and even Rome itself, while rocky hard in Jerusalem and parts of Judea at the time.

Thank you, brother, it's all Jesus Christ, I can take no credit, I know you know that and I know what you mean, and I appreciate the encouragement!

And yes, you are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! If we want to speed up the return of Jesus we all need to put on our battle armor from God and get to this thing moving in a full surrender to Jesus Christ's words and will; saying what He asks us to say and doing what He shows us to do! AMEN, BROTHER! You are spot on! I appreciate your response on this post! And may God bless you, richly, in Jesus' mighty name!