• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,536
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 9/21/2017 at 4:46 PM, BlazyJon said:

If you were a prophet you would know the full mystery of God.  Check Rev 10:7.  Not putting you down in any way.  But if God chooses you to be a prophet, if anything, remember this verse:

1 John 4:1-3

4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that[a] Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

Shabbat shalom, BlazyJon.

Well said, bro', but I would only add that, although they KNEW the full mystery (secret) of God, they didn't always UNDERSTAND the full mystery of God. People take a single verse out of this context and come up with all sorts of nonsense, but Peter said,

1 Peter 1:1-16
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation (rescue) of your souls (air-breathing creatures).
10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ (the Messiah) which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ (the Messiah), and the glory (brightness of the resurrection) that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels (messengers) desire to look into.
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
KJV

It's important that one understand that the Greek word "aggelos," frequently translated as "angel," actually means "messenger" and that a prophet IS a "messenger of God" sent to His people to reveal truth, often including truth that is yet in their future.

So, verse 10 explains who the "angels" of verse 12 were! And, verse 11 gives the details of that for which they were searching! The prophets of God were given words to speak (and write down) from the Ruwach of the Messiah ABOUT THE SUFFERINGS OF THE MESSIAH, but were not given the specifics of what was going to occur to lead up to that moment - how it would unfold - nor were they given the time it would occur. So, they desired to look into such things and searched their own prophecy and the prophecies of others to find these details.

But, the details were revealed unto us, Peter said, the ones to whom they did serve the things they spoke and wrote, not to them. And, those details are now reported unto those who hear and believe by those who have heralded the good news to them along with the Ruwach haQodesh (the Holy Spirit) sent down from the sky.

So, distilled down, the point is that prophets may be given the WORDS of the full secret of God without them fully understanding what those words imply.

Edited by Retrobyter
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/5/2017 at 11:51 PM, Absolem said:

I think I get words of knowledge about people but I might just be really perceptive. How can you tell?

In Rev it tells us the testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit of Prophecy.

So hows your testimony of the Lord?

Bible says test every spirit to see if it is of the Lord. Whats the spirit in the knowledge you recieve and check your impulse to use the knowledge for encouragement? edification? correction?

gossip?

malice?

Are you humbled by it or recieve haughtyness?

Is the information about hurts, spiritual wound, rejection, abandonment, betrayals? grief, needs?

are you seeing carnal things or spiritual things?

are you giving your testimony unto the salvation of others?

Are you picking up vibes with feelings or words? Do you get dicernments on the lost? the saved? everyone?

Are you identifying spirits or strong holds or thoughts?

How has the Lord trained you to use His gift? 

So then after you test it and the motives then you cast down any knowledge that would exalt itself above the Lord:)

Then ask the Lord what He wants you to do with the knowledge He gives you. 

As far as prophet Goes Im pretty sure its not something we self appoint ourself to. If you say thus saith the Lord He better of appeared to you and better be sure it the Lord who told you to say it.

Just throwing out discernments that pop in our head without testing the spirit can lead us into all kinds of vain imaginations and even devination. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/23/2017 at 6:59 AM, Retrobyter said:

Shabbat shalom, BlazyJon.

Well said, bro', but I would only add that, although they KNEW the full mystery (secret) of God, they didn't always UNDERSTAND the full mystery of God. People take a single verse out of this context and come up with all sorts of nonsense, but Peter said,

1 Peter 1:1-16
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation (rescue) of your souls (air-breathing creatures).
10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ (the Messiah) which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ (the Messiah), and the glory (brightness of the resurrection) that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels (messengers) desire to look into.
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
KJV

It's important that one understand that the Greek word "aggelos," frequently translated as "angel," actually means "messenger" and that a prophet IS a "messenger of God" sent to His people to reveal truth, often including truth that is yet in their future.

So, verse 10 explains who the "angels" of verse 12 were! And, verse 11 gives the details of that for which they were searching! The prophets of God were given words to speak (and write down) from the Ruwach of the Messiah ABOUT THE SUFFERINGS OF THE MESSIAH, but were not given the specifics of what was going to occur to lead up to that moment - how it would unfold - nor were they given the time it would occur. So, they desired to look into such things and searched their own prophecy and the prophecies of others to find these details.

But, the details were revealed unto us, Peter said, the ones to whom they did serve the things they spoke and wrote, not to them. And, those details are now reported unto those who hear and believe by those who have heralded the good news to them along with the Ruwach haQodesh (the Holy Spirit) sent down from the sky.

So, distilled down, the point is that prophets may be given the WORDS of the full secret of God without them fully understanding what those words imply.

Amen

On 5/7/2017 at 1:29 PM, Daniel 11:36 said:

There are only the Bible prophets .... no others

huh? 

On 9/21/2017 at 3:46 PM, BlazyJon said:

If you were a prophet you would know the full mystery of God.  Check Rev 10:7.  Not putting you down in any way.  But if God chooses you to be a prophet, if anything, remember this verse:

1 John 4:1-3

4 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that[a] Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

I don't know about the assumption with the scripture. No one knows the mind of God not even prophets or all mystery Jesus said something was even with held from him when he was in the flesh. " of the day and hour neith angels in heaven, nor the Son only the Father "(lisa paraphrase look it up). They just say what he tell's them to say. He even makes some write it down so they don't twist it:)

On 5/5/2017 at 11:51 PM, Absolem said:

I think I get words of knowledge about people but I might just be really perceptive. How can you tell?

Good thing to always remember when testung is the gifts of the Spirit are given with the purpose of building up the body of Christ. So if it's empathy and compassion for the lost then it should be used with a exaltaion of Christ for adding to the body of Christ or for good works in the name of the Lord.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0

huh? 

The only true prophets are the recorded in scripture .... no others

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

On 9/8/2017 at 1:38 PM, GusWilby said:

Hey brother, 

i just happened across this post... I see it's been months since anyone's added to it, but if I may......

i have been in the same situation for a few years.  Yes, it is quite unnerving "seeing" things that others can't.  Don't let anyone try to convince you that you are not a prophet or a discerner of spirits/spiritual things.  

Years ago, I was part of a company communication study based on personality types, etc. The facilitator openly told everyone in the room to never lie to me because I could "feel" the deception.  I was determined to be an "intuitive."  Since I was the only one, things became so difficult for me that I had to leave... people got real uncomfortable around me.

the same happened a couple years ago, but in a church my family was attending.  I clearly knew that an unsuspecting person had brought some activity into the service, and I could "visualize" some of what was going on.  

I spoke with the pastor and he basically laughed at me, told me I was weird and deluded by satan, (some believe that Satan can give Christians visions but God can't... especially those who have not received this manifestation of the Spirit (gift).  

Turns out, I shouldn't have spoken to the pastor... he was the one who was deceiving the others.  He and and "his" church were gone within 6 months.

i knew when a friend was going to die, and had a vision of the moment he died... while I was praying with the Psalms.  

Ive had many experiences, but the ones that create anguish for me are the ones when I know someone has a demonic spirit with them... usually in public places, work, and even church.  

Pray always- find a place and a time to meet with God to openly discuss your calling.  Always draw on His strength- if you are away from God, Satan will attack from directions you'd never imagine.  

I've seen others who said there are no more prophets, but that comes from people without that gift.  The Bible warns not to think that your gift is invalid.  You are a source of spiritual discernment to others.  

Pick your battles wisely- some aren't meant to be fought and are just warnings or merely something God is showing you to teach you or develop your insight.

youve likely had some bizarre dreams, or even some that seem simple.  Pray about them to sort it out.  God speaks to prophets through their dreams... and, in my case, sometimes through a broken radio directing me to specific Scriptures.

hang in there brother.  Yours is a rough road, but keep His Spirit close by and you won't walk it alone.

Shalom

Your post tugged on my Spirit. Lord wants us to speak.
Message me when you get this.