• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

On 4/2/2017 at 7:03 AM, Limey_Bob said:

Err what is your point? How does John 20:28 even relate to John 10:30 or to this topic?

1 Timothy 3:16

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

43 minutes ago, Behold said:

Praise our Father! "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, Fridaywinds said:

Praise our Father! "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

It's not a mystery to me.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

17 hours ago, other one said:

That is because you don't understand what the word god God means.  Anything can be your god and as the Bible is c9ncerned there is no difference in god and God.  There are no caps in Hebrew, and the new testament was written in all caps.

Money can be your god. Baal or Moloch or I have a couple of friends that they are their own god. 

Our God is three entities that are so close in everything they are one.  Like my wife and I are one.  Jesus prayed that we would be one with him, and he with the Father so we could be 9ne w8th us all.

Jesus holds the position of God, so does the Father and also the Spirit so we can call each of them God, but out "God" is the three of them together as one.

We could never be one with the Father, but Jesus made it possible through what he has done and it is through the Holy Spirit that dwells within us that allows us to be one with him.

Jesus was YHWH before he was Jesus, and the Father restored his glory when he transcended back to the heavenly realm.    It is why we have a triune God because we as humans could not have any of them without having all three.

Jesus was Yahweh before he was Jesus. That's what I've been saying. Where you err is when you say that there and then said in your prior quote, but Jesus was not the Father. 

Jesus was the Father before he was Immanuel. And Immanuel was the Father because God sent himself here to deliver in person what was written prophecy about his coming in the old testimonies promising that later arrival. 

15 minutes ago, Happinessity said:

Jesus was Yahweh before he was Jesus. That's what I've been saying. Where you err is when you say that there and then said in your prior quote, but Jesus was not the Father. 

Jesus was the Father before he was Immanuel. And Immanuel was the Father because God sent himself here to deliver in person what was written prophecy about his coming in the old testimonies promising that later arrival. 

That makes no sense at all

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

3 hours ago, Behold said:

Explain yourself, what on earth is your point?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

3 hours ago, Limey_Bob said:

Explain yourself, what on earth is your point?

Happy to do it , thanks for asking...

God the Father.

God the Son

God the Holy Spirit

God the "Word made Flesh".

Thomas said to Jesus.... "my Lord and my God", and Jesus didn't correct him.

Jesus said "before Abraham was,.....I AM"....and that term is God's term for Himself when speaking to Moses through a burning bush.

God wrapped Himself in human flesh and hung it on a Cross for your sins and mine.

" God created the Heavens and the earth and everything after its kind".

"God said let there be".   and  Jesus is the WORD, incarnate.....He is the LIVING WORD.

"All things were made by Jesus, and there is nothing made that is not made by JESUS".....Yet, "GOD created the heavens and the earth and everything after its kind".

See it?

"Jesus stood on the world HE CREATED, the world was MADE THROUGH HIM, and the world knew HIM not".

And how was the world originally made?.....with WORDS.......and Jesus is the living WORD, who was with God in the beginning , who came to the world He created as God in the flesh., who IS the Alpha and the Omega, = the beginning and the end.

So, its all the same Deity, yet, sometimes manifested as the "Word made flesh", and other times as the  "Word..... in the beginning".

God said "let us make man in OUR image"..   "our" = 2... its PLURAL....... as that is Jesus who was with God in the beginning before He was manifested as "God in the flesh". = that is 2...or in "our" image let us make man. 

Edited by Behold

6 hours ago, other one said:

It's not a mystery to me.

That was 1 Timothy 3:16. 

6 hours ago, Happinessity said:

6 hours ago, other one said:

That makes no sense at all

:laugh: It is exactly what you said but with a level of understanding that your prior remarks didn't show. 

Jesus was/is never the Father., nor will be