• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus spoke this:

John 14:12-14New American Standard Bible (NASB)

12 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

...how does a person know they are truly believing in Jesus? Is it the love? The wisdom? The freedom?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

I'd say a transformed life.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

8 hours ago, Sight said:

Jesus spoke this:

12 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. 13 Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.

...how does a person know they are truly believing in Jesus? Is it the love? The wisdom? The freedom?

:)

Because

Now you are clean through the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can you, except you abide in me. John 15:3-4 (American King James Version)

He Lives

Jesus answered, "The first is, 'Hear, Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you are to love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.' The second is this, 'You are to love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these." Mark 12:29-31 (New Heart English Bible)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sight.....

Hello friend.....another interesting question & I'm sure it will be no surprise to you that I will have the same response for you "Seek His Face".....Sight,I see that you are still seeking His Hand by the verse of Scripture you have chosen here.....His Blessings are not contingent on what you do,your efforts....."Why is God NOT answering my request? Do I not believe as Jesus said?"However,the desires on your heart are most likely not what they ought to be,your ideas(mind) of what you think you "need" are more than likely what is not needed at all......it's not about "Believing",even the demons "believe"   ,your "belief" is not what "moves" God to Act as you would want Him to.....your Belief can activate your FAITH to "trust",rely,depend" on our Living Redeemer for all you need and to FILL every desire of your heart when your heart is filled with Him.,His LOVE...

I would have to say"Love" is the answer to your question.......Jesus said this...

New American Standard Bible 
"If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.                           John 14:15

This is the answer(imo) to His statement that followed(Berean Bible Study)

sp
John 14:14If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it. 15If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. 16And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever—…

Personally,for anyone truly seeking our Lord & Savior I encourage them to bask in His Love (Book of John),bathe yourself in it ,in HIm,because its all about LOVE,the beginning of the Relationship starts by Understanding,Receiving His Love......once you can say,with all honesty"Jesus Loves ME" its the first step in renewing the mind.....there comes His Blessed Assurance,you have boldness & confidence in KNOWING WHO you ARE in Christ......His Love is ALIVE,our Redeemer Lives.....His Spirit ,Holy Spirit starts the process of your transformation.......Yes,I would say "Love"      Why can one person say"Move" to a mountain & it will move & another says"move" & nothing happens? Jesus said that the FAITH of a mustard seed is all that you need,right? Well,both people have Faith,what's the issue?

THe difference,I believe....is not that one has "more" FAith than the other,after all the Power of the Holy Spirit is not set on "low" for the one with less Faith & set on "high" for the one with bigger Faith.....that Same Spirit Raised Jesus from the dead,that is His Power,but one knows the Authority he has because he Understands WHO he is in Christ Jesus because he is unhindered by the insecurities of the little shadow of doubt about His Love.....He has a LOving ,Intimate<Personal Relatiionship with God in Christ,he knows by the Heart & Mind of Christ that the mountain must be moved & it will.....the other is not sure.....thats my way of looking at it......

You don't need "a lot" of Faith to move God,you need the right Faith to Understand the Will of God......Faith is HIs Gift to us,we feed it,nourish it by hearing Gods Word.....its an active,ever present & growing Relationship     Gods Loving us,us is in Love with Him     (I'm probably rambling,just pouring out my thoughts)

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

21 hours ago, Sight said:

Jesus spoke this:

Honest and forceful sanctification, is the best proof of God's working in Justification to save a person. Simple answer, if you long to obey Christ, to serve him, to be holy, then that's the best evidence that he has done a work in you (new covenant).

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  80
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I think it is a gradual letting go that lets us to trust God in all things. Usually we are always thinking to be in control but if we trust the voice of God's Holy Ghost inside of our hearts we'll never go wrong. Just let go of the need to be in control and let God lead you. It doesn't happen over night. We're so spoiled thinking if we take a pill we'll fix what we've done to ourselves with bad living for years in an instant. Same with finding our way with the Lord. It isn't an instant fox. It's a gradual realization that we can let go and trust His leading in our life. And we'll find we do great things and it feels good being there. :angel:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,867
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

As Absolem and Limey_Bob have said, a changed heart and life is the proof. Many claim Christianity; maybe they were baptized as a kid, go to church, their parents were Christians, etc. But they're nothing in what they do and say, the way they actually live and think, their priorities and desires, that shows them to be different than the world. Bearing fruit is not a requirement of salvation, but it's presence is the confirmation that salvation has indeed been truly sought and received.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Sight....

I'm reading others replies & wondering to myself if I understood your question,the others responded with the "evidence" of being Born Again......was that your question? Of course I do agree with our Brothers here but I thought you were asking how you yourself  KNOW that you are believing Jesus as you ought to be(RElationship),,,,,where does OUR Blessed Assurance come from.....does it come from Receiving His LOve,His Wisdom & Understanding or the Freedom in Christ Jesus....that is why I selected "LOVE" from what the options you gave.......did I misunderstand your question?                                   With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I always thought of it as being in the same line of thinking as God and his will (which is perfectly described throughout the bible, that he had a plan for us). For if we are in the same line of thinking, then we also are in the same line of planning, creativity, and execution (Luke 14:28) to fulfill his will. Again, this is to spread the word. If you therefore have need of God's assistance in this matter at any time, he will do whatever you need to get it done, but only when asked for the interest of his will, and you put forth your best effort to not let his gifts go to waste. In this we are rewarded in many ways.