To renew yourself before you can enter heaven

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I believe you need to be renewed from a sinful person into a righteous, holy person before you can enter heaven. Hence the following Bible verses:

Paul said, "You were thaught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness." (Ephesians 4:22-24)

Paul in the Bible knew the way. Paul knew that he could not face God and enter heaven as a sinful man and knew that he had to change into a righteous and holy man in order to make it.

Paul said, "I die daily." (1 Corintians 15:31) Paul´s sinful self died daily. It had to, in order for his new self to be born in him.

Paul said, "And have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator." (Colossians 3:10) 

This new self is the same self that was in Christ. "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus." (Phillipians 2:5)

A man must be born again in order to enter heaven or see it, in other words: must have ben rewened into a sinfree, righteous and holy man. "Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." 

So according to these Bible verses, it is not enough to just declare with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord and Saviour. You must go through the process of renewing yourself, from a sinful person into a righteous and holy person. It is more about an inner process instead of an outer declaration. Isn´t it true?

Edited by Knower

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Romans 4:5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:

7 “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven,
And whose sins are covered;
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord shall not impute sin.

Galatians 2:15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

17 “But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not! 18 For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19 For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God. 20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. 21 I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.

Philippians 3:7 But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, 11 if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

God bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Knower

It is true BUT the thing is "we" cannot do these things ,we  are just not capable without the Heart & Mind of Christ,that is the process...the process of growth in Spirit.......by reading Gods Word we are nourishing ,feeding that which was made ALIVE......our spirit was quickened by the Indwelling of Holy Spirit,Jesus Abides in us......He cannot Increase until we decrease,flesh versus spirit,carnality/spirituality    Temporal/Eternal     

Efforts(imo) hinder most tremendously,trying to be like Christ,struggling between flesh & spirit    I think a good start is to simply seek Gods Face,yearn to know Jesus,talk with Him,Pray,.praise,worship & read His Word......Paul says to "pray without ceasing",its important what you eat,drink & breath You just have choices,choose to spend the day in front of TV or listening to the Word,reading the Bible,praying    go to work & listen to gossip,idle chit chat or focus on the Lord      come home & listen to bickering kids or sit together to tell Bible stories.......choose to think of Heavenly things,things of God OR things of this world....just make good choices that will feed your spirit,thats reaching up half way & God reaches down the rest of the WAy......

We can't become Righteous of ourselves but because of the Precious Blood of Jesus we have been clothed in His Righteousness and are Worthy,Pleasing,Acceptable yo God our Heavenly Father    All we need do is depend,rely & trust that Jesus Finished Work on the cross has already done that for us......our Redeemer Lives,in us & through us.....we need only to get out of our own Way.....does that make sense? I'm thinking out loud

Receive His Love,keep looking to Jesus,give yourself completely and He will help you to make the right choices ,Holy Spirit Will guide you,prompt you to stay on course                                                                        With love in Christ,Kwik

King James Version
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.