am i wrong to be infuriated

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

again. i love makin these fake convos to prove a point. but this habit gets me really angry.... ie persons who used to attend a church but stop. butll appear  for the fun socials -picnics, hikes etc somehow learning about them. then disappear til the next one in a few months or years. Am I being wrong or pharisaic to feel so (i regularly attend and work in various ministries)

busy.png

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

again. i love makin these fake convos to prove a point. but this habit gets me really angry.... ie persons who used to attend a church but stop. butll appear  for the fun socials -picnics, hikes etc somehow learning about them. then disappear til the next one in a few months or years. Am I being wrong or pharisaic to feel so (i regularly attend and work in various ministries)

busy.png

I don't attend a Church because I have not found a Church I am comfortable with. I would not go back to my former Churches. Once I left that was it. One of my biggest gripes about Church was that many seemed more interesting in the social aspect of it rather than what a Church is really intended to be. To worship God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

It is wrong, very wrong to  judge the servant of another. Shameful and a sin. 

4 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

:again. i love makin these fake convos to prove a point. but this habit gets me really angry.... ie persons who used to attend a church but stop. butll appear  for the fun socials -picnics, hikes etc somehow learning about them. then disappear til the next one in a few months or years. Am I being wrong or pharisaic to feel so (i regularly attend and work in various ministries"....

"A dispute also arose among them, as to which of them was to be regarded as the greatest.  And he said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and those in authority over them are called benefactors.  But not so with you. Rather, let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves.  For who is the greater, one who reclines at table or one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at table? But I am among you as the one who serves."

"Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge.  There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?"

Edited by Neighbor

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Im not judging. Just get angry when people stop attending  church completely, but pop in  at fun socials and then disappaear again

Very turned off from the multiple churches I've attended. "Where two or more meet in My name, there I AM"....is definitely not followed by a lot of these churches. Hence, I've no desire at all to be a part of a congregation that don't act like real Christians.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

12 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I don't attend a Church because I have not found a Church I am comfortable with. I would not go back to my former Churches. Once I left that was it. One of my biggest gripes about Church was that many seemed more interesting in the social aspect of it rather than what a Church is really intended to be. To worship God.

So are you still actively looking for a church or did you give up entirely? I know the church I go to worships the Lord and the Word of God is preached every Sunday. There is a social aspect of church as well that is part of church. Think of it this way, the corporate body of believers that meet as a congregation, group or whatever you want to call it from that same group is where you get fellowship, encouragement, prayer, needs met, help for projects, and the list goes on and on. Thing about it this way as well, when the church is persecuted what happens? The corporate body that meets on Sunday now becomes a sanctuary and every person in that congregation now strives to pray for each other even more so. 

Hebrews 10:25 I think is very clear in making sure that we don't neglect assembling with other believers and really kind of sums up my point pretty nicely. It says, " Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." The corporate body of believers are made up of people who are sinners. They are not always right. Even I don't agree with everything that my church does. But I make sure that I am there because it preaches God's Word. 

I don't know your situation or whatever but I encourage you to make sure that you seek out a body of believers that you can spend time with and fellowship with. It is that same body of believers that will support you in the low days and support you in the good days. 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,422
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

12 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Am I being wrong or pharisaic to feel so (i regularly attend and work in various ministries)

If it is your instincts to feel the way you do, then that what it is.  Then you have to go further and ask yourself some question as to the reasons ect.   Some people just don't attend church and even the few times they do, it is an opportunity for conversation and a testimony.  That person in time when their back is against the wall, so the speak, may reflect on that church and the need to congregate may kick in.  Just thank the Lord that they are there for what may seem like entertainment. 

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

5 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

Im not judging. Just get angry when people stop attending  church completely, but pop in  at fun socials and then disappaear again

Angry why?  

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

5 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

I would just let them follow their own path; they know the drill.  Just worry about your own walk, mechanic, and God will take care of the rest.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I knew people like that. I really don't pay any mind to it. It is on them. I'm not going to lose my joy over getting bent out of shape because some people only attend church on Pot Luck Sunday.