IGNORED

Prayer

Even though I pray a lot, I'm not sure of it benefits because I tend to be a person who believes that Christ helps those who help themselves. I pray a lot for other people but almost never for myself. Whether it works or not, I don't have those answers either. I just don't see the point sometimes at least for myself. I feel that God's will supersedes mine, what will be will be . I pray to have the scriptures opened for me, to ease the suffering for others and sometimes to help me get through hard ordeals. The last part I find mostly futile because I strongly believe we have to pull ourselves up by our bootstraps philosophy. I am not saying that I don't need God, but I don't think God likes whiners, and I feel that every time I ask for help to get through a hard ordeal, that's whining. I also work in a field where I observe tremendous suffering of others and I'm constantly humbled by their experiences. So I feel I have no cause for asking for help or relief when others are in much more severe circumstances than I am. I just need to pull myself up by my bootstraps and get on with it. That's basically how I deal with my life. Now, I am not sure that's the right way, but every time I pray I sense that God is saying, April get on with it girl, you have the ability to handle it. Then I question myself if I really have a relationship with Christ. I feel that I do, but I'm not the type of person to wait for Christ to make my life better. If God gave me the tools to take care of business then isn't that God taking care of me? At the same time I feel like maybe I'm just not a very good Christian, that maybe I'm like Job with a bad attitude, but then I say to myself, Job had it tons worse than me, who am I to complain? That's why I think prayer for myself is pretty futile. There's no point. Thoughts?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:)

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

~

Self Help

This is what the LORD says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5 (New International Version)

Or Jesus

"But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. Jeremiah 17:7 (New Living Translation)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

So does that mean we wait for God to fix our problems, we don't do anything to help ourselves? I feel that God has given us tools to help ourselves, we just have to use those tools to take care of business.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  8

Praying!

3 hours ago, Allroses48 said:

So does that mean we wait for God to fix our problems, we don't do anything to help ourselves? I feel that God has given us tools to help ourselves, we just have to use those tools to take care of business.

:emot-heartbeat:

If One Really Wants Real Blessings

Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. Psalm 37:4-6 (English Standard Version)

It Is God's Will That

The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps. Proverbs 16:9 (New American Standard Bible)

Wins

There are many plans in a man's heart, but the LORD's counsel will prevail. Proverbs 19:21 (New Heart English Bible)

And So I Pray

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Praying you find peace allroses.  It is never a bad thing to pray, God knows what you need and what you are thinking, but that doesn't mean He doesn't want to hear from you.  Just imagine if you didn't talk to your best friend or spouse, the relationship is not going to strengthen.  So pray dear sister, always.

God bless

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,251
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

15 hours ago, Allroses48 said:

Even though I pray a lot, I'm not sure of it benefits

Jas 5:14  Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord: 
Jas 5:15  And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 
Jas 5:16  Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. 
Jas 5:17  Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. 
Jas 5:18  And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit. 
Jas 5:19  Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; 
Jas 5:20  Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins. 

(KJV)Praying now  Allroses48 God Bless

Edited by shanee
added (KJV)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,858
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Like many things, balance is needed.

On the one hand, God delights in hard, dedicated workers. It's good to do what you can. But He's also commanded us to pray, and do so diligently. Partially, it's because He knows we will face many things we cannot handle on our own, and partially it's to keep us close to Him and strengthen our relationship with Him. Prayer isn't about just reciting a list of needs, like you're in the grocery store. It's about gratitude and praise and closeness and comfort.

:emot-heartbeat:

Praying~!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  106

17 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

:)

Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

~

Self Help

This is what the LORD says: "Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5 (New International Version)

Or Jesus

"But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. Jeremiah 17:7 (New Living Translation)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

Good scripture!!!