IGNORED

Why anti-Trinitarianism is not biblical

Anti-trinitarianism is Not a Biblically Sound Doctrine

I have never understood anti-Trinitarians. Whenever they present their logic it's as if they've taken certain verses out of the Bible to prop up their views while ignoring the Bible in it's entirety and what it says on the trinity. There are many statements they say to me in regards to their views:

1) There is no mention of Christ as being God himself.

2) Some state that Christ is not even the Messiah but a prophet or deny the NT altogether as a fabrication of the Roman CC or another conspiracy theory.

3) Many anti-Trinitarians state that the word Trinity isn't even in the Bible so it must not exist.

My views are this:

1) The word trinity is never mentioned in the Bible because this word came much later. That doesn't mean the concept of the trinity wasn't presented in the very first passages of the Bible.

2) In order to understand the concept of the trinity, we must take all the passages of the Bible into the context they were written. If we choose only to focus on certain passages, that's leaning on our own understanding which is not at all what we are supposed to be doing when studying the Bible.

I personally have never had trouble understanding the Trinity and it's never been an issue for me so it's difficult for me to comprehend how someone can negate such a basic Christian doctrine unless they are being led by an anti-Christ spirit (and that's just an assumption).

The Christian Trinity, why Christ, the word of God is God himself:

In the Hebrew Bible, the Sh'ma, one of the first words is Hear, O Israel! This is a passage in Deuteronomy that is on a little scroll inside the mezuzah attached to the doorjambs of religious Jews. Deuteronomy 6:4-5, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might…". They believe in One God as the Christians do, so it can be easy to dismiss the Trinity of God if we don't look further into the Bible.

One God is found in three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. God is considered One "echad" in the Hebrew, and unique, yachiyd.  I believe this is where the anti-Trinitarians get confused. The Lord says He is one God throughout the Bible over 150 times including the 10 commandments (1). So how can God have three personalities if he is only one God?

Elohim bara:

The Scriptures consistently imply that God is more than one person starting with the very first verse in the Bible. Genesis 1:1 opens with 28 letters in the Hebrew, seven words in total (1):

Genesis 1:1 "

“Beresheet bara Elohim et hashamayim ve’et ha’arets.” which reads, In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The word beresheet "means in the beginning of time and space, not just of energy and matter"(1). The word bara means created from nothing. So this means that God literally created the universe from absolutely nothing, meaning that beyond the singularity point, there was nothing, so God is in fact the singularity point (I am the alpha and omega, the first and the last). The word Elohim is plural for the word El or Eloha. In Hebrew the noun verb conjugations agree more strictly than even in the English. So in this passage, the author was intentionally being led by the Holy Spirit to let the reader know that God is in fact the Trinity. Beresheet bara Elohim, In the Beginning the Triune God created (singular) the heavens and the earth. God-Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

My firm belief is that God is clearly saying to us as Christians, "this is who I am, don't mistake my nature, I am one God, and I came down in the flesh to show you who I am, a man, to be a bond servant to all humanity because my love is so deep for you."

References:

1. Missler, Chuck. The Trinity: The Mystery of the Godhead (Kindle Locations 196-197). Koinonia House. Kindle Edition.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Amen~!

Guest shiloh357
On 5/9/2017 at 9:06 AM, Allroses48 said:

I have never understood anti-Trinitarians. Whenever they present their logic it's as if they've taken certain verses out of the Bible to prop up their views while ignoring the Bible in it's entirety and what it says on the trinity. There are many statements they say to me in regards to their views:

2) Some state that Christ is not even the Messiah but a prophet or deny the NT altogether as a fabrication of the Roman CC or another conspiracy theory.

3) Many anti-Trinitarians state that the word Trinity isn't even in the Bible so it must not exist.

My views are this:

1) The word trinity is never mentioned in the Bible because this word came much later. That doesn't mean the concept of the trinity wasn't presented in the very first passages of the Bible.

2) In order to understand the concept of the trinity, we must take all the passages of the Bible into the context they were written. If we choose only to focus on certain passages, that's leaning on our own understanding which is not at all what we are supposed to be doing when studying the Bible.

I personally have never had trouble understanding the Trinity and it's never been an issue for me so it's difficult for me to comprehend how someone can negate such a basic Christian doctrine unless they are being led by an anti-Christ spirit (and that's just an assumption).

In the Hebrew Bible, the Sh'ma, one of the first words is Hear, O Israel! This is a passage in Deuteronomy that is on a little scroll inside the mezuzah attached to the doorjambs of religious Jews. Deuteronomy 6:4-5, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might…". They believe in One God as the Christians do, so it can be easy to dismiss the Trinity of God if we don't look further into the Bible.

One God is found in three distinct persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. God is considered One "echad" in the Hebrew, and unique, yachiyd.  I believe this is where the anti-Trinitarians get confused. The Lord says He is one God throughout the Bible over 150 times including the 10 commandments (1). So how can God have three personalities if he is only one God?

Elohim bara:

The Scriptures consistently imply that God is more than one person starting with the very first verse in the Bible. Genesis 1:1 opens with 28 letters in the Hebrew, seven words in total (1):

“Beresheet bara Elohim et hashamayim ve’et ha’arets.” which reads, In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The word beresheet "means in the beginning of time and space, not just of energy and matter"(1). The word bara means created from nothing. So this means that God literally created the universe from absolutely nothing, meaning that beyond the singularity point, there was nothing, so God is in fact the singularity point (I am the alpha and omega, the first and the last). The word Elohim is plural for the word El or Eloha. In Hebrew the noun verb conjugations agree more strictly than even in the English. So in this passage, the author was intentionally being led by the Holy Spirit to let the reader know that God is in fact the Trinity. Beresheet bara Elohim, In the Beginning the Triune God created (singular) the heavens and the earth. God-Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

My firm belief is that God is clearly saying to us as Christians, "this is who I am, don't mistake my nature, I am one God, and I came down in the flesh to show you who I am, a man, to be a bond servant to all humanity because my love is so deep for you."

References:

1. Missler, Chuck. The Trinity: The Mystery of the Godhead (Kindle Locations 196-197). Koinonia House. Kindle Edition.

Very well written.  I agree wholeheartedly.   Thanks for posting the truth.  :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/9/2017 at 10:06 AM, Allroses48 said:

My views are this:

Elohim bara:

References:

one of the easiest anti-Trinitarian groups to find is the Jehovah's Witnesses. When they come to my door I point out that in Colossians 1 Christ is stated to be the Creator of all things in the universe just as in John 1. And they agree. Then I point out that in Rev 14:7 we are told to "Worship Him who CREATED the heavens and the earth the seas and the springs of water" a direct quote of Exodus 20:11 "For in SIX days the Lord CREATED the heavens and the Earth the seas and all that is in them". 

Thus we have God the Son being worshiped .. a sticking point for that form of anti-trinitarian.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

On 5/9/2017 at 10:06 AM, Allroses48 said:

My views are this:

Elohim bara:

References:

Shalom, Allroses48.

I'm not a Trinitarian per se, but I'm certainly NOT an "Anti-Trinitarian." I'm more of a "practical Binitarian." I do believe that G-d is in TWO Persons.

Romans 1:1-7
1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:
5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
7 To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
KJV

1 Corinthians 1:1-3
1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
KJV

2 Corinthians 1:1-2
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:
2 Grace be to you and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
KJV

Galatians 1:1-5
1 Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)
2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:
3 Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ,
4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
5 To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
KJV

Ephesians 1:1-6
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
KJV

1 Timothy 1:1-2
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;
2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
KJV

2 Timothy 1:1-2
1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus,
2 To Timothy, my dearly beloved son: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.
KJV

Titus 1:1-4
1 Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;
4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.
KJV

Hebrews 1:1-4
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
KJV

James 1:1
1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
KJV

1 Peter 1:1-5
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
KJV

2 Peter 1:1-4
1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
KJV

1 John 1:1-3
1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
KJV

2 John 1-3
1 The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.
3 Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
KJV

Jude 1-2
1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
2 Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
KJV

Revelation 1:1-2
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
KJV

Almost every one of the Epistles and the book of Revelation begin with the acknowledgement of the TWO!

Regarding the "Spirit," we have TWO "Spirits" recorded again! The "Holy Spirit" is usually said to be the "Spirit of God," the "Spirit of the Father," the "Spirit of glory," "the Spirit of life," or "His Spirit."

We also have "the Spirit of Christ" or the "Spirit of Jesus Christ." This is found in three places:

Romans 8:9
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
KJV

Philippians 1:19-20
19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
KJV

1 Peter 1:10-11
10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
KJV

And, it originated HERE:

John 20:21-23
21 Then said Jesus to them again,
Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

KJV

One will also find Scripture that says,...

John 4:24
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
KJV

Yeshua` (Jesus) doing the talking!

The word "spirit" comes from "ruwach" in the OT and from "pneuma" in the NT:

OT:7307 ruwach (roo'-akh); from OT:7306; wind; by resemblance breath, i.e. a sensible ["feel-able"] (or even violent) exhalation; figuratively, life, anger, unsubstantiality; by extension, a region of the sky; by resemblance spirit, but only of a rational being (including its expression and functions):
KJV - air, anger, blast, breath,  cool, courage, mind,  quarter,  side, spirit ([-ual]), tempest,  vain, ([whirl-]) wind (-y).

OT:7306 ruwach (roo'-akh); a primitive root; properly, to blow, i.e. breathe; only (literally) to smell or (by implication, perceive (figuratively, to anticipate, enjoy):
KJV - accept, smell,  touch, make of quick understanding.

NT:4151 pneuma (pnyoo'-mah); from NT:4154; a current of air, i.e. breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively, a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, demon, or (divine) God, Christ's spirit, the Holy Spirit:
KJV - ghost, life, spirit (-ual, -ually), mind. Compare NT:5590.

NT:4154 pneoo (pneh'-o); a primary word; to breathe hard, i.e. breeze:
KJV - blow. Compare NT:5594.

(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright © 1994, 2003, 2006 Biblesoft, Inc. and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

So, the Breath of God is "the SPIRIT of God," who IS a "SPIRIT," A BREATH!

The word "pneuma" has been used in various ways in the NT: It can mean a "ghost"; it can mean an "attitude"; it can mean a "voice"; it can mean a "thought"; it can mean an "idea." It's been so nebulous in interpretation, that I cannot pinpoint, yet, what exactly it means in translation!

The word "spirit" has been used in translation, but even that word is nebulous in meaning!

spirit

noun
harmony between body and spirit: soul, psyche, (inner) self, inner being, inner man/woman, mind, ego, id; Philosophy pneuma. ANTONYMS body, flesh.
a spirit haunts the island: ghost, presence; informal spook.
that's the spirit: attitude, frame of mind, way of thinking, point of view, outlook, thoughts, ideas.
she was in good spirits when I left: mood, frame of mind, state of mind, emotional state, humor, temper.
team spirit: morale, esprit de corps.
the spirit of the age: ethos, prevailing tendency, motivating force, essence, quintessence; atmosphere, mood, feeling, climate; attitudes, beliefs, principles, standards, ethics.
his spirit never failed him: courage, bravery, pluck, valor, strength of character, fortitude, backbone, mettle, stoutheartedness, determination, resolution, resolve, fight, grit; informal guts, spunk, sand, moxie.
they played with great spirit: enthusiasm, eagerness, keenness, liveliness, vivacity, vivaciousness, animation, energy, verve, vigor, dynamism, zest, dash, elan, panache, sparkle, exuberance, gusto, brio, pep, fervor, zeal, fire, passion; informal get-up-and-go.
the spirit of the law: real/true meaning, true intention, essence, substance.
10 he drinks spirits: strong liquor/drink; informal hard stuff, firewater, hooch.

PHRASES 
spirit away they made up a story about having been spirited away by gypsiesWHISK AWAY/OFF, make off with, make disappear, run away with, abscond with, carry off, steal away, abduct, kidnap, snatch, seize.

REFLECTIONS 
Francine Prose
ectoplasm
I realize that this word does have a legitimate scientific usage—it's the part of the cell that lies just beneath the outer membrane—but the meaning that intrigues me has something (understandably vague and mysterious) to do with the spirits of the dead. It's the stuff ghosts are made of, or alternately, some substance that signals an active communication between spiritualist mediums and those who have, as the mediums themselves would say, passed over. A trace of ectoplasm indicated that a ghost had visited the seance. It does make you wonder about the first moment when someone decided that there was a need for such a word, and that ectoplasm would do nicely.

and

spirit |ˈspirit| 

noun
1 the nonphysical part of a person that is the seat of emotions and character; the soul: we seek a harmony between body and spirit.
• the nonphysical part of a person regarded as a person's true self and as capable of surviving physical death or separation: a year after he left, his spirit is still present.
• the nonphysical part of a person manifested as an apparition after their death; a ghost.
• a supernatural being: shrines to nature spirits.
• (the Spirit) short for HOLY SPIRIT.
• archaic a highly refined substance or fluid thought to govern vital phenomena.

[in singular] those qualities regarded as forming the definitive or typical elements in the character of a person, nation, or group or in the thought and attitudes of a particular period: the university is a symbol of the nation's egalitarian spirit.
• [with adjective] a person identified with their most prominent mental or moral characteristics or with their role in a group or movement: he was a leading spirit in the conference.
• a specified emotion or mood, especially one prevailing at a particular time: I hope the team will build on this spirit of confidence.
• (spirits) a person's mood: the warm weather lifted everyone's spirits after the winter.
• the quality of courage, energy, and determination or assertiveness: his visitors admired his spirit and good temper.
• the attitude or intentions with which someone undertakes or regards something: he confessed in a spirit of self-respect, not defiance.
• the real meaning or the intention behind something as opposed to its strict verbal interpretation: the rule had been broken in spirit if not in letter.

3 (usually spirits) strong distilled liquor such as brandy, whiskey, gin, or rum.
• [with modifier] a volatile liquid, especially a fuel, prepared by distillation: aviation spirit.
• archaic a solution of volatile components extracted from something, typically by distillation or by solution in alcohol: spirits of turpentine.

verb (spirits, spiriting, spirited[with object] 
convey rapidly and secretly: stolen cows were spirited away some distance to prevent detection.

PHRASES 

enter into the spirit 
join wholeheartedly in an event, especially one of celebration and festivity: he entered into the spirit of the occasion by dressing as a Pierrot.

in (or in thespirit 
in thought or intention though not physically: he couldn't be here in person, but he is with us in spirit.

out of spirits 
sad; discouraged: I was too tired and out of spirits to eat or drink much.

the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak 
proverb someone has good intentions but fails to live up to them. [with biblical allusion to Matt. 26:41.]

when the spirit moves someone 
when someone feels inclined to do something: he can be quite candid when the spirit moves him. [a phrase originally in Quaker use, with reference to the Holy Spirit.]

the spirit world 
(in animistic and occult belief) the nonphysical realm in which disembodied spirits have their existence.

PHRASAL VERBS

spirit someone up 
archaic stimulate, animate, or cheer up someone.

ORIGIN 

Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French, from Latin spiritus  ‘breath, spirit,’ from spirare  ‘breathe.’

But, looking at this last "ORIGIN" portion - the etymology of the word - it, too, comes from Latin words (the language of the Roman Empire) meaning "a breath" and  "to breathe!"

So, if the "Holy Spirit" is God, "a Person of the Godhead," and "God the Father" is God, who is "thrice Holy" and is Spirit, then what's the difference between the "Holy Spirit" and "God the Father?"

Therefore, I believe in TWO Persons: God the Father (who is EQUAL to the "Holy Spirit") and the Son of God, Yeshua` the Messiah, who is also called the Word of God (John 1) because He was God.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/22/2017 at 1:01 PM, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Allroses48.

I'm not a Trinitarian per se, but I'm certainly NOT an "Anti-Trinitarian." I'm more of a "practical Binitarian." I do believe that G-d is in TWO Persons.

So, if the "Holy Spirit" is God, "a Person of the Godhead," and "God the Father" is God, who is "thrice Holy" and is Spirit, then what's the difference between the "Holy Spirit" and "God the Father?"

Therefore, I believe in TWO Persons: God the Father (who is EQUAL to the "Holy Spirit") and the Son of God, Yeshua` the Messiah, who is also called the Word of God (John 1) because He was God.

what about John 14 and 16?

John 16

“But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

16 “A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father.”

In John 16 - Jesus was sent to Earth by the Father -- then Jesus goes to the Father and sends the Holy Spirit to mankind. And the Holy Spirit speaks only what He hears from the Son.

John 14

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

In John 14 the Father sends the Holy Spirit as "Another Helper" -- just as He sent the Son.

Matt 28:19

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Edited by BobRyan

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

26 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

< smile ? >  keep seeking

27 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

In John 14 the Father sends the Holy Spirit as "Another Helper" -- just as He sent the Son.

What if as it is "another" means something different than "another one" as if a different one than the Son , but means as below >>

27 minutes ago, BobRyan said:

John 14

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

"I WILL" (Jesus Will) "COME TO YOU".  (elsewhere as Jesus says "I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU NOR FORSAKE YOU".....

"you know Him, for He dwells with you" (Jesus dwelled with them;  and dwells with us)

"the Spirit of truth"  (Jesus says "I AM THE TRUTH" )

So much is on purpose mis-understood about YHWH , echad with Y'SHUA, echad with ekklesia.

On 5/23/2017 at 4:24 PM, BobRyan said:

John 16

“But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.

16 “A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father.”

In John 16 - Jesus was sent to Earth by the Father -- then Jesus goes to the Father and sends the Holy Spirit to mankind. And the Holy Spirit speaks only what He hears from the Son.

John 14

Matt 28:19

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Well, again, we make certain assumptions that affect the way we read these verses. If you go into these verses with your mind already set on the "fact" that the Ruach haQodesh is "a Person of the Trinity," then you will interpret these verses in that way. And, if you write the words translated from "tou hagiou pneumatos," with capital letters as though it was a personal name, as many English versions do, of COURSE you're going to have that "fact" accented! You're going to see those parts, "tou patros" and "tou huiou" and "tou hagiou pneumatos," as though they were three Persons on equal footing, a Trinity!

However, we also have this statement:

Luke 11:11-13
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
KJV

Here, the Ruwach haQodesh is more equated to a thing, like "bread," or "a fish," or "an egg" - a "good gift!"

God, Yeshua`s Father, will send His Spirit to them who ask the Father.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Well, again, we make certain assumptions that affect the way we read these verses. If you go into these verses with your mind already set on the "fact" that the Ruach haQodesh is "a Person of the Trinity," then you will interpret these verses in that way. And, if you write the words translated from "tou hagiou pneumatos," with capital letters as though it was a personal name, as many English versions do, of COURSE you're going to have that "fact" accented! You're going to see those parts, "tou patros" and "tou huiou" and "tou hagiou pneumatos," as though they were three Persons on equal footing, a Trinity!

However, we also have this statement:

Luke 11:11-13
11 If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?
12 Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?
13 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?
KJV

Here, the Ruwach haQodesh is more equated to a thing, like "bread," or "a fish," or "an egg" - a "good gift!"

God, Yeshua`s Father, will send His Spirit to them who ask the Father.

Your view only works if one abandons the clear grammatical struction of John 16 where the Holy Spirit is referred to as a Person.   The Holy Spirit can be communed/fellowshipped with.  The Holy Spirit has a mind, the Holy Spirit can be grieved, the Holy Spirit prays, the Holy Spirit inspires, the Holy Spirit guides, convicts of sin, teaches and comforts.

The Holy Spirit is a person and any teaching that says otherwise is outside the bounds of the true Christian/Messianic faith.  Such teaching is as much outside the true Christian/Messianic faith as the denial of Jesus' deity.  

2 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Your view only works if one abandons the clear grammatical struction of John 16 where the Holy Spirit is referred to as a Person.   The Holy Spirit can be communed/fellowshipped with.  The Holy Spirit has a mind, the Holy Spirit can be grieved, the Holy Spirit prays, the Holy Spirit inspires, the Holy Spirit guides, convicts of sin, teaches and comforts.

The Holy Spirit is a person and any teaching that says otherwise is outside the bounds of the true Christian/Messianic faith.  Such teaching is as much outside the true Christian/Messianic faith as the denial of Jesus' deity.  

Shalom, shiloh357.

Yes, the Ruwach haQodesh IS a Person; He is GOD, YHWH Elohiym, the ONE GOD, who sent His Ruwach! The ONE GOD, who is Yeshua`s Father, can be communed/fellowshipped with.  The ONE GOD has a mind; the ONE GOD can be grieved, the ONE GOD inspires, the ONE GOD guides, convicts of sin, teaches and comforts.

You FRACTURE GOD when you split Him into the Father and the Holy Spirit! Yeshua` IS the Son of GOD and He came from the Father for He was the WORD of John 1:1 (and still is).