• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

2 hours ago, Jude1:3 said:

Well, it is included in "One" of the Ancient Christian Church's Official Biblical Canons. The Ethiopian Orthodox has it:

http://www.ethiopianorthodox.org/english/canonical/books.html

I know that they do but they are not mainstream Christianity and I've no idea WHY they do.  The fact remains that the Book of Enoch was not included in the canon.  Christians cannot look to it as Scripture.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  391
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, MorningGlory said:

I know that they do but they are not mainstream Christianity and I've no idea WHY they do.  The fact remains that the Book of Enoch was not included in the canon.  Christians cannot look to it as Scripture.

But, There were "Some" Christians (Tertullian, Ethiopian Orthodox Church etc.),  that Did include it as Canon and "Some" Hebrews (Essenes) that Did include it as Biblical Canon. 

So, I know that "Mainstream Christianity" as of today doesn't include it as Biblical Canon. All I'm trying to say is that there are "Some" Christians that Did and Still do count it as Biblical Canon. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,027
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

jude, don't waste your time....   just post what you know and let the other readers read and understand.....   the Bible only people are never going to accept what you are saying......   been trying for 14 years....   aint gonna happen.  When it all starts falling together most people will have been exposed to what you are putting across and will understand...

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 5/9/2017 at 9:41 AM, Guest said:

To understand the Catholic and Protestant Bibles we must know what books the Biblical authors considered important and divinely inspired during the time they wrote the biblical manuscripts. Books outside the traditional 66 have been mentioned in the Bible in three different ways: by name, quotation, or alluded too. So what books did the biblical authors consider important? Here is a list:

1) The Book of Jasher

2) The Annals of Jehu

3) The Treatise of the book of Kings

4) The book of Records, Book of Chronicans of Ahasuerus

5) The Acts of Solomon

6) The Sayings of Hozai

7) The Chronicles of David

8) The Book of Wars of the Lord

9)The Chronicals of Samuel, Nathan, Gad

10) Samuels Book

11) The Prophecy of Ahijah the Shilonite

12) The Treatise of the Prophet Iddo

13) The Book of Enoch

Both OT and NT writers of the Bible considered the Book of Enoch to be divinely inspired, and it is included in the Ethiopian Orthodox Bible which is actually 88 books.

If a book is mentioned, quoted, or alluded to is it worthy of study if it expands the understanding of the Bible and why Jesus Christ came to earth? The theory of the book of Enoch is that it was written prior to the book of Genesis and then before that was kept through verbal oral tradition. Our earliest manuscripts date to the 2nd to 3rd centuries BC but scholars believe this is not the original date of the Enochian canon. The first century Christians considered the book of Enoch as inspired canon if not authentic.

Thoughts?

I believe that the Book of Enoch is scriptural.  I don't understand why it isn't included in the Bible.  The Book of Jude refers to the Book of Enoch so I believe it is very credible.  Enoch prophesied the coming flood.  He named his son Methuselah which means his death shall bring  (he is referring to the flood).

Remember that Enoch walked with the LORD for 300 years.  The Book of Enoch also gives the account of the "angels that left their first estate."  They came down and defiled the women and had children with them.  These children (the nephillim) were very wicked and evil.  They corrupted everything, and also were eating the people.  The sons of God (the angels) taught the women astrology, mysticism, and sorcery.  The wicked angels asked Enoch to speak on their behalf to God for forgiveness and God refused.  So vile were the deeds of their children, God destroyed everything on the earth with a flood except for Noah and his family.  If you read the scriptures, it says in Genesis 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, (meaning his DNA was not corrupted by the nephillim) and Noah walked with God. 

Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the LORD cometh with ten thousands of his saints.

Enoch was very close to the LORD.  The Book of Enoch goes into very descriptions of the end times.  I truly believe that it also is the inerrant work of God.  It was also found with the Dead Sea Scrolls.  Who knows, maybe the enemy didn't want it to get out?  Or, God is revealing it now because of the times being the last days? 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

And where did Yeshua get the phrase: SON OF MAN ???

People who decide to be deliberately ignorant should leave those people alone that do not.

The worst thing Mao ever did was 'ban the bible'. Dumb, dumb, DUMB.

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

The scholars at Qumran were extra conservative. They thought the pharisees had lost the plot. But even they quoted from Enoch 1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YmGU9OG-h0

Dr. Heiser makes the point that the modern church hinders folk from reading these and other books like it and does them a considerable disservice by doing so. If you do get a chance, just listen to the above video of Heiser. It will NOT rob you of salvation and may open your eyes. It will give you a perspective of the theme that NT and OT writers all knew about and studied. It will bring alive so many references in the scriptures that you might not have otherwise thought about.

Yeshua came to redeem the world from the occurrences of Gen. 6 and the subsequent turmoil that the world has been suffering from ever since and likewise the fall of man. If you cannot see these connections then you will not completely understand a great deal of what Yahweh is doing, both in the physical and the spiritual realms.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

I just stumbled across this website and could not believe the reasons given for the book of Enoch to be false.

https://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/8576/why-is-the-book-of-enoch-not-regarded-as-canonical

1:1 Implies restoration during tribulation - not congruent with scriptures.

Lets see what it says;

[Chapter 1]

1 The words of the blessing of Enoch, wherewith he blessed the elect and righteous, who will be 2 living in the day of tribulation, when all the wicked and godless are to be removed. And he took up his parable and said -Enoch a righteous man, whose eyes were opened by God, saw the vision of the Holy One in the heavens, which the angels showed me, and from them I heard everything, and from them I understood as I saw, but not for this generation, but for a remote one which is 3 for to come. Concerning the elect I said, and took up my parable concerning them:

Enoch does not imply restoration during tribulation, but simply blesses the elect and righteous who will be living in the days of tribulation.  He is speaking to that "remote" generation which is to come who will be living in those times when all the wicked and godless....are to be removed (Soon at the Coming) as scripture clearly states.

What I found in the Canon, and have been preaching from the rooftops, is that the "elect and righteous", are the 144K.  The only ones "sealed", and that they will be protected during the tribulation.  The rest will go through the fire and not be given their wings yet.  I discovered this from the Canon only, and Enoch only confirmed that I was on the right trail, so I understand what he is speaking about.

This goes against popular doctrine, re the pre-trib, and also other doctrines claiming the 144K are the remnant of Israel, therefore this information in Enoch is blocked from the flock to keep us in darkness and continue arguing forever.

I also shouted from the rooftops that the two witnesses would be Moses and Elijah, but stated I was wrong, because I believe now that the two prophets are Enoch and Elijah, who never died.  Enoch and Elijah will curse the world with plagues, but not the elect and righteous, they will be blessed.  This is why he is blessing the elect (chosen), because he knows that they are the virgins with the oil, and they are those who are found dressed in their wedding garments so to speak (dressed in righteousness), because the rest have to go through tribulation to have their robes made white and will be persecuted at the start of the tribulation at the 5th seal.

Revelation 7:13   And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?

Revelation 7:14   And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

If one comes "out" of great tribulation, one has to go through it.  The 144K do not enter the hour of trial, for they are already found faithful because they follow the Lamb.

This website is a simple case of the blind leading the blind.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

I am speaking to anyone who's interested.

Here's another one;

1:8 In conflict with the doctrine that peace was made at the cross. Also, in the last days tribulation will increase for the righteous - this "verse" seems to dispute that.

Lets see what Enoch says;

[Chapter 1]

4 And the eternal God will tread upon the earth, (even) on Mount Sinai,

[And appear from His camp]

And appear in the strength of His might from the heaven of heavens.

5 And all shall be smitten with fear

And the Watchers shall quake,

And great fear and trembling shall seize them unto the ends of the earth.

6 And the high mountains shall be shaken,

And the high hills shall be made low,

And shall melt like wax before the flame

7 And the earth shall be wholly rent in sunder,

And all that is upon the earth shall perish,

And there shall be a judgement upon all (men).

8 But with the righteous He will make peace.

And will protect the elect,

And mercy shall be upon them.

And they shall all belong to God,

And they shall be prospered,

And they shall all be blessed.

And He will help them all,

And light shall appear unto them,

And He will make peace with them'.

The author here does not understand when he said Jesus made peace at the cross?

Peace in our hearts yes, reconciliation, but did the apostles have peace when they were hunted, put in prison, beaten, falsely accused, mocked and killed?

Do we Christians have peace when this world oppresses us, when there is no equity left on earth, ...unrighteousness all around, wars, famines, terrorism, uprisings, rebellion, now brother against brother...etc etc...  Tell me if it's peaceful any place on this earth?

So if Christ makes peace with "the righteous and elect" (144K sealed), then doesn't that mean that they will be delivered from the oppressor?  They will not be touched, but protected as Enoch states?  You never heard this before, I know.  It is a strange song (doctrine) to many, because the truth is blocked from the flock, but not the small flock.

Revelation 9:1   And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Revelation 9:2   And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

Revelation 9:3   And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

Revelation 9:4   And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

So if they can only harm those without the seal of God, then those "with the seal" must still be around?  Makes sense.

Revelation 7:3   Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Revelation 7:4   And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed .....an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

He will help them all (144K).  They will finally see that light shine on them, and know the Lord is with them.

More of 1 Enoch that Glorifies Yeshua Messiah:

And there I saw One who had a head of days,
And His head was white like wool,
And with Him was another being whose countenance had the appearance of a man,
And his face was full of graciousness, like one of the holy angels.
 And I asked the angel who went with me and showed me all the hidden things, concerning That Son Of Man, who He was, and whence He was, (and) why He went with the Head of Days? And he answered and said unto me:
This is The Son Of Man who hath righteousness,
With whom dwelleth righteousness,
And who revealeth all the treasures of that which is hidden,

Because the Lord of Spirits hath chosen him,
And whose lot hath the pre-eminence before the Lord of Spirits in uprightness for ever.

And this Son of Man whom thou hast seen
Shall raise up the kings and the mighty from their seats,
[And the strong from their thrones]
And shall loosen the reins of the strong,
And break the teeth of the sinners.

[And he shall put down the kings from their thrones and kingdoms]
Because they do not extol and praise Him,
Nor humbly acknowledge whence the kingdom was bestowed upon them.
 And he shall put down the countenance of the strong,
And shall fill them with shame.

And darkness shall be their dwelling,
And worms shall be their bed,
And they shall have no hope of rising from their beds,
Because they do not extol the name of the Lord of Spirits.

And these are they who judge the stars of heaven,
[And raise their hands against the Most High],
And tread upon the earth and dwell upon it.
And all their deeds manifest unrighteousness,
And their power rests upon their riches,
And their faith is in the gods which they have made with their hands,
And they deny the name of the Lord of Spirits,

And they persecute the houses of His congregations,
And the faithful who hang upon the name of the Lord of Spirits.

• 1 Enoch 46

http://reluctant-messenger.com/book_of_enoch.htm

• Thumbs Up 2

Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands One like the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the feet and girded about the chest with a golden band.

• Revelation 1:12-13

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up,

• John 3:14

But Jesus answered them, saying, “The hour has come that the Son of Manshould be glorified. 

• John 12:23

But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the paralytic, 

• Mark 2:10

But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—then He said to the paralytic, “Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.”

• Matthew 9:6

But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the man who was paralyzed, “I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.”

• Luke 5:24

And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

• Mark 8:31

saying, The Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.”

• Luke 9:22

and said, “Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”

• Acts 7:56

Jesus said, “I am. And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.”

• Mark 14:62

Jesus said to him, It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

• Matthew 26:64

Hereafter the Son of Man will sit on the right hand of the power of God.”

• Luke 22:69

But one testified in a certain place, saying:

“What is man that You are mindful of him,
Or the son of man that You take care of him?
 You have made him a little lower than the angels;
You have crowned him with glory and honor,
And set him over the works of Your hands.
You have put all things in subjection under his feet.”

For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him.

• Hebrews 2:6-8

What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit him?
 For You have made him a little lower than the angels,
And You have crowned him with glory and honor.

You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet,

• Psalm 8:4-6

“I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.

• Daniel 7:13

Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

• Matthew 12:32

“And anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but to him who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven.

• Luke 12:10

He answered and said to them: “He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man.

Matthew 13:37

The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 

• Matthew 13:41

“When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.

• Matthew 25:31

Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.

• Luke 21:36

• Thumbs Up 2