IGNORED

Matthew 25:14-30 - I dont like this one.

Sight

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/9/2017 at 10:38 PM, Sight said:

This parable confuses me. Of course the guys with five and two talents will double them. The one who got one talent got jipped. The richer get richer, and the poorer get poorer, and this scripture confirms God is the author of that paradigm.

What does this parable mean? All this parable does is trigger and upset me.

(Matthew 13:37-42) If you understand this, then you know the mission, which is to see to the success of the seed. (2 Corinthians 3:5) (1 Corinthians 7:7) The bible makes mention of many people that received gifts of knowledge,power, and the like from God. (1 Corinthians 12:4-6) (1 Corinthians 4:7) If you understand this then you know that it is your effort that matters to God, and not that you consider yourself more capable than others, for it is not your own capability but Gods, and he knows best who is capable of handling certain things. Therefore, if you spend no effort to use the gifts God gives you for helping those without, who need help, well you should feel upset by this, and you will now understand why this is written (Matthew 25:30). It is your own guilt that calls you to action, so spring into action! (Revelation 21:8)

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/17/1952

Another way to look at this parable is that talents also represents personal gifts and abilities and not a specific amount of money. Each servant was given a certain list of abilities. The servant with 5 abilities used all of his abilities and developed 5 more. The servant with two abilities used them and developed two more. The servant with one ability didn't even use his ability to gain one more, but sat on that ability and didn't even become good at that ability...he was lazy. He made a mis-judgment about his master that the master would be happy that his servant still had his original ability. But he failed his master and himself because he didn't even invest in himself...so he deserved judgment.

We see this in the church all the time. There are those in the body who are not grateful for what God has given them and are always complaining. These are "one talent" Christians, and though we love them, they are harder to love than unsaved people, for even though they are saved, they "don't get it". Right beside the "one talent" Christians are those who seem like the world is caving in on them...yet they are praising God like they were living in the land of milk and honey. These are the "five talent Christians" because they see into the spirit realm and know how to please God. They recognize the physical circumstances, while dire, have nothing to do with how prosperous you are in God. So, while they go through great trials, they are always having "talents" added to them and their lives begin to multiply.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

YHWH is GENEROUS. Extravagantly Generous - "without measure" His Grace, Spirit, Life, and all that flows from Him to men.

Yeshua is GENEROUS.  Enormously, Unimaginably Generous

- for sinners He died, 

for sinners He Planned and Purposed to set aside His Position, His Power, His Presence with YHWH They Have Shared Eternally,

to be born a man,  in the midst of sinful humanity,  to accomplish REDEMPTION and ATONEMENT for the Chosen Ones.

(Emphasizing How Greatly Extravagantly Generous,  Totally Graciously, Unselfishly,  Yeshua IS ) ....

Then He says, to the born again ones:  "Getting is not the way,  self-sacrifice is"...... 

The same sort of extravagant generousness ,  freely, willingly given/ lived/ ,  instructed to His Chosen Ones - all the ones who are born again.....

Who have a "generous eye" - when the eye is LIGHT,  the whole body is full of light ;

when the eye is stingy (selfish),  the whole body is full of darkness....

(remember also no one greedy is in heaven [note from Revelation] )

So,  then, in view of all Jesus' Words/ Instructions to His disciples,  "getting" is not the way - GIVING IS .....

The talents are not meant to inspire greed nor selfishness,  nor "storing up treasure that moth and rust destroys",

nor loving nor lusting after/for the world nor for the things of the world..... 

that defeats/would defeat/ the whole Purpose and Plan of YHWH in Saving men from and out of such things....

One more thing:   why are men instructed to work ?  For retirement? no.  For security ? no.  For 'things' or even for 'insurance' ? no.

Why then are men instructed to work (in the NT Instructions) ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Mega

I just want to say "thank you" for such a beautiful exposition of the "3" parables .......wonderful,I thoroughly enjoyed reading what you've shared,no doubt a Blessing to many!(including me!!!)                                                                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,829
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Days Won:  1

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:38 PM, Sight said:

This parable confuses me. Of course the guys with five and two talents will double them. The one who got one talent got jipped. The richer get richer, and the poorer get poorer, and this scripture confirms God is the author of that paradigm.

This is what one does not do with great wealth.

Some have no idea do they?

Z 237..jpg

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

:( I agree that is a very hard thing to understand . The one talent slave being cast away for fearing their master? I know it is all suppose to relate to relationship with God the Father, right? I also don't quite understand. If at all. 

• Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Perhaps read the parable in light of James 2.

What are you doing with the information you do have, not what someone else has, what you have?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Mike

Sight is not able to reply ,if you look under his avatar photo or just hover over a members name you will see their status ...         God Bless,Kwik

• Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Although it would not be wrong to consider the talents as material possessions and apply the story to how we are stewards of them we must keep in mind that parables are primarily intended to use physical examples to point at spiritual truths. 

Jesus told his disciples that he used parables so that those with a spiritual ear (my words) would understand their spiritual meaning, everyone else would only understand them in a physical (worldly) way.