• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

37 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Just as the word trinity isn't stated but it is described through Scripture, so our relationship with Jesus is also described in various places e.g. ...

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands, concerning the word of life— the life was made manifest, and we have seen it, and testify to it and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was made manifest to us— that which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ.
(1Jn 1:1-3)

To the LORD be the glory to the Lord be the praise.   right on yowm.   Right on.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 5/10/2017 at 11:08 AM, FollowerOfTheWay said:

Why would Jesus start a new religion such as Christianity? Isn´t it enough that we just follow his footsteps all the way to heaven? Isn´t it enough that we just follow his example? I don´t think that Jesus is an exception that no one can follow. I believe that Jesus came to demonstrate an universal path back home, a path that we all can follow. Jesus said, "follow me."

NOTE: I cannot reply on your posts as I don´t have that option yet.

Agree with you, FollowerOfTheWay........He didn't come to start a new religion, although that is what many have made it into......Jesus came to atone for our sins and show us the Way to salvation......and HE is the Way, and the Truth and the Life.  Bless you.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36

On 9/2/2017 at 11:46 AM, JohnD said:

He didn't.

He got Judaism back on track.

Try telling that to the Church or Jews.

Remember to duck!

You are loved JohnD.....no stones will I throw, you dont need to duck and hope I won't need to either.........just discussing.  But I fear that what you said puts up the partition again between Gentiles and Jews when we are supposed to be a new man now, neither Gentile nor Jew.  It is not about Judaism.......which is the old covenant obsolete and fading away once it has finished its purpose.....Yeshua instituted a whole new covenant by which we serve in the new way of the Spirit now, not in the old way of Judaism.  Judaism and the Law was to tutor Israel to Christ, the Messiah, it was never intended to be permanent.......though we learn and benefit from reading and studying it of course,  we just dont' have to practice it now.......except when it is expedient to woo others to Him and to avoid offending where possible.  The Israel of God/church/ekklesia (made up of Jew and Gentile) is the mystery of God from the foundation of the world.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

You are loved JohnD.....no stones will I throw, you dont need to duck and hope I won't need to either.........just discussing.  But I fear that what you said puts up the partition again between Gentiles and Jews when we are supposed to be a new man now, neither Gentile nor Jew.  It is not about Judaism.......which is the old covenant obsolete and fading away once it has finished its purpose.....Yeshua instituted a whole new covenant by which we serve in the new way of the Spirit now, not in the old way of Judaism.  Judaism and the Law was to tutor Israel to Christ, the Messiah, it was never intended to be permanent.......though we learn and benefit from reading and studying it of course,  we just dont' have to practice it now.......except when it is expedient to woo others to Him and to avoid offending where possible.  The Israel of God/church/ekklesia (made up of Jew and Gentile) is the mystery of God from the foundation of the world.

OH yes paul spoke of the mystery.   read ephesians.    very good sister.  sing it  , oh and praise the LORD.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  569
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/3/2017 at 8:03 PM, AmicusDei said:

Where in the Bible does it say it's a "relationship"?

Hi. The bible doesn't use the word relationship but this is what happens when you receive the indwelling of Holy Spirit. The moment God and Christ comes to live inside you is when the relationship begins. Christ will speak to you and guide you daily from within.

This is what makes Jesus' way unique and the only way to The Father. The other way known as religion doesn't offer the Holy Spirit, no relationship with God.

You can read more about the Holy Spirit and how to receive it from John chapters 14-16. 

John 14:15-26 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

15 “If you love me, you will do what I command. 16 I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper to be with you forever. 17 The Helper is the Spirit of truth. The people of the world cannot accept him, because they don’t see him or know him. But you know him. He lives with you, and he will be in you.

18 “I will not leave you all alone like orphans. I will come back to you. 19 In a very short time the people in the world will not see me anymore. But you will see me. You will live because I live. 20 On that day you will know that I am in the Father. You will know that you are in me and I am in you.21 Those who really love me are the ones who not only know my commands but also obey them. My Father will love such people, and I will love them. I will make myself known to them.”

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “Lord, how will you make yourself known to us, but not to the world?”

23 Jesus answered, “All who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them. My Father and I will come to them and live with them. 24 But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine. It is from my Father who sent me.

25 “I have told you all these things while I am with you. 26 But the Helper will teach you everything and cause you to remember all that I told you. This Helper is the Holy Spirit that the Father will send in my name.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john 14%3A15-26&version=NKJV;GNT;ERV

• Well Said! 1

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  650
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

I don´t think that Jesus is an exception that no one can follow. I believe that Jesus came to demonstrate an universal path back home, a path that we all can follow. Jesus said, "follow me."

Very nice considerations. I agree, and I agree with the others who confirmed that He didn't start a "religion". Some men did in His name.

But, exactly to avoid starting a standard "religion" with dogmas and guides, He said:

" fBut you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your 3Teacher, 4the Christ, and you are all brethren. Do not call anyone on earth your father; gfor One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10 And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. "

He is the example, the Way, and we are all brothers at the same level, trying to understand every day more His words. Sometimes this means getting rid of errors that have been accumulated because of these human "guides"

Edited by listener24

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 5/11/2017 at 3:08 AM, FollowerOfTheWay said:

Why would Jesus start a new religion such as Christianity? Isn´t it enough that we just follow his footsteps all the way to heaven? Isn´t it enough that we just follow his example? I don´t think that Jesus is an exception that no one can follow. I believe that Jesus came to demonstrate an universal path back home, a path that we all can follow. Jesus said, "follow me."

no, not all can follow...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.12
  • Days Won:  78

On 5/10/2017 at 10:08 AM, FollowerOfTheWay said:

Jesus didn't start a new religion.  Christianity didn't come about until decades after His crucifixion.  And that is EXACTLY what He told us to do.  Follow Him all the way to Heaven.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

The Christian religion is a result of man rightly recognizing God at work.

This is a result of many many years, centuries even, of Gods great plan.

We can see a progression from the creation of man, the fall of man, the appearance of the great patriarchs, the sons of Jacob who became known as nation of Israel, the introduction of the law and the hopelessness of trying to live it without fail.

A thoughtful study of all this would show that we consistently turn to our own selfish ways and, not only does God interact and reveal Himself to us in different ways throughout history but He does it in such a way that we come to realize that it is impossible to reach Him by anything we can do.

That's when Emmanuel, God with us, comes to us.  Despite historically proving we are so utterly unworthy of a relationship with this Holy God, He then shows us His purpose for creating us........

.......To love us.

The bible narrative serves to show us the progression of this great plan that is intended to bring us to the point of fully understanding just how much He loves us.

Those that look to Jesus, who is the Christ, (the Messiah, Savior) are looking at the biblical story of being lost in sin, seeing it reflected in our own lives and seeing the obvious answer of Jesus the "Christ" as the Savior for all mankind.

Act_11:26  When he found him, he brought him to Antioch, and for a whole year they were guests of the church and taught many people. It was in Antioch that the disciples were first called Christians. 

Act_26:28  Agrippa asked Paul, "Can you so quickly persuade me to become a Christian?" 
1Pe_4:16  But if you suffer for being a Christian, do not feel ashamed, but glorify God with that name. 

We can see from these verses that people that were known to be a follower of Jesus or "The Way"- Act 9:2 were called Christians.

We have come to see it as a new religion, but really it is a new revelation, God revealing himself to us in a new but planned way. Those that accept this have come to be known as Christians as we see God as the Christ. The religion comes out of us trying to express what we believe.

We gotta be called something:noidea:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89

Christianity is not a religion......religion says “do”.    Christianity says “done”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1