• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  496
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/10/2017 at 11:08 AM, FollowerOfTheWay said:

Why would Jesus start a new religion such as Christianity? Isn´t it enough that we just follow his footsteps all the way to heaven? Isn´t it enough that we just follow his example? I don´t think that Jesus is an exception that no one can follow. I believe that Jesus came to demonstrate an universal path back home, a path that we all can follow. Jesus said, "follow me."

NOTE: I cannot reply on your posts as I don´t have that option yet.

Jesus did not come to start a new religion. Jesus is the fulfillment of entire OT. That is why Bible has both OT and NT. Entire Scripture points towards Jesus.

And in general, Jesus did not come to just show another way to heaven just like other religions. Jesus said "I am THE WAY". He made is very clear that He is the only way. There is no way a person can say I follow Jesus and still believe there are other ways to heaven. The person is not a true follower of Jesus in that case. Exclusivity is something unique in Bible. Most of the other religions are inclusive. Because they only explain sin. They do not explain a sufficient remedy (important - sufficient. They all give some remedy which is not sufficient and they do acknowledge that). Bible is the only Holy Book which explains sin nature of humans and provides sufficient remedy. Which is faith in Jesus Christ

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 5/10/2017 at 12:08 PM, FollowerOfTheWay said:

Why would Jesus start a new religion such as Christianity? Isn´t it enough that we just follow his footsteps all the way to heaven? Isn´t it enough that we just follow his example? I don´t think that Jesus is an exception that no one can follow. I believe that Jesus came to demonstrate an universal path back home, a path that we all can follow. Jesus said, "follow me."

NOTE: I cannot reply on your posts as I don´t have that option yet.

But with the arrival of Jesus that means that since He (and His sacrifice on the cross) was/is the fulfillment of the Law, we are no longer under the Law. Were Christianity not to exist then we would still be under the old Mosaic Law as some New testament Jews tried to force upon people

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

2 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

But with the arrival of Jesus that means that since He (and His sacrifice on the cross) was/is the fulfillment of the Law, we are no longer under the Law. Were Christianity not to exist then we would still be under the old Mosaic Law as some New testament Jews tried to force upon people

I think we have to look at the Law in two ways

1) how we read it and understand it as it pertains to the nation of Israel and

2) we have to look at in in light of how we learn from the bible. By that I mean; we can look at almost any story of the people of Israel and their journey in their relationship with God and relate that to our own personal life. We could easily fill a couple of pages on this site of the examples of this.

Having said that we have to look at "the Law" and how the example of its function with the nation of Israel relates to us personally. When we see that we see that the nation of Israel is told that the appearance of Jesus and the grace that comes through his sacrifice is enough to surpass any attempt of trying to approach God through the works of the Law. In our own personal lives as "slaves to sin", we too are stuck in trying to please and approach God through our works (our good outweighing our bad), we are under "the Law" and rightly so, because as Paul says   What should we say, then? Is the Law sinful? Of course not! In fact, I wouldn't have become aware of sin if it had not been for the Law. I wouldn't have known what it means to covet if the Law had not said, "You must not covet." (Rom 7:7)

As it pertains to us personally, we are under the Law UNTIL it serves the purpose in our lives for which it is intended, to show us how we will always have a fear of not being good enough Heb 2:14  Therefore, since the children have flesh and blood, he himself also shared the same things, so that by his death he might destroy the one who has the power of death (that is, the devil) 
Heb 2:15  and might free those who were slaves all their lives because they were terrified by death.
 . When we reach the point of worrying about our eternal fate the Law has served it's purpose 

Gal 3:23  Now before faith came about, we were held in custody and confined under the Law in preparation for the faith that was to be revealed. 
Gal 3:24  And so the Law was our guardian until the Messiah came, so that we might be justified by faith. 
Gal 3:25  But now that faith has come about, we are no longer under a guardian.

These verses can be applied to the nation of Israel and the Jews of the time but we should not be blind to the many lessons of the bible that tell us that the stories of Israel are transferable to our personal lives today. There is Law in everyone's life that holds us captive to sin until we finally come to the realization that we need another way because we are hopeless otherwise. Seeing Jesus as the final answer, and that it is not by following rules (works) but accepting forgiveness is pretty freeing

Joh_8:32  And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." 

Joh_8:36  So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed!" 

Free from the curse of the law .... 

Gal_3:10 Certainly all who depend on the actions of the Law are under a curse. For it is written, "A curse on everyone who does not obey everything that is written in the Book of the Law!" 
Gal_3:13  The Messiah redeemed us from the curse of the La
w ......

So.....yes as believers in Jesus work on the cross, we are no longer under the law but, however you want to define it, at one point in each of our lives, like the Jews, we were under "the Law" until we accepted salvation from Christ.

Great to be a Christian!!

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Jesus didn't come to start a new religion, he came to die for our sins, and everyone sins and continues to.

1 Kings chapter 8 verse 46
"When they sin against you--for there is no one who does not sin--and you become angry with them and give them over to their enemies, who take them captive to their own lands, far away or near;
2 Chronicles chapter 6 verse 36
"When they sin against you--for there is no one who does not sin--and you become angry with them and give them over to the enemy, who takes them captive to a land far away or near;
Ecclesiastes chapter 7 verse 20
Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins.
1 John chapter 1 verse 8
If anyone claims to be without sin they deceive themselves and the truth is not in them. 

1 John chapter 2 verse 2

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 11:18 PM, Sam Smith said:

Christianity is not a religion......religion says “do”.    Christianity says “done”

JESUS said DO and DONTS.    just let it sink in.    

IF we don't keep his sayings.................well, be prepared to hear I never knew you.    so much for religion eh.

• Praise God! 1

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:07 AM, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

We are no longer under the law IF INDEEED we are truly UNDER grace.

but how do we know if we under grace or just a perversion of what many thinks grace is.

Here , lets give the B      I      B      L        I      C              A         L

version of grace.     FOR the Grace of GOD that brings salvation has appearerd.     T    E    A     C      H       I       N      G,

yes , teaching us to DENY , deny ungodliness and wordly lusts and to be living soberly,   R   I GHTEOUSLY and godly

sounds like grace teaches us to WALK AS DID JESUS .   SO that is HOW we know we under grace or under the law still.     

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

IF we don't keep his sayings.................well, be prepared to hear I never knew you.    so much for religion eh.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago,  frienduff thaylorde said: 

God gave the Jews 613 commandments .Nobody kept them.Not Peter,who said “ we nor our fathers kept them” nor Paul who said the law was an impossible system..That’s bad news for those who think they must keep the Law in order to be saved.It gets much worse.The “ dos and donts “ of Jesus were like the Law on steroids.I have no desire to commit adultery, but Jesus taught that a lustful thought was just as sinful.How ya doin’ with that one? Trust me ,I could go on and on with the “ sayings “ that you don’t keep,but let’s get right to the grand daddy of them all.... “ You are to be PERFECT , even as your Father in Heaven is perfect.Just let that sink in........I sure am happy that I don’t have to measure up to that standard. I found a way out.I hope you do also,so that when you stand before Jesus and try to impress Him with your ability to keep His sayings ,,,you will not have to hear “depart from me—-I NEVER knew you. Best of luck with your religion on that Day!

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

3 minutes ago, Sam Smith said:

You are to be PERFECT , even as your Father in Heaven is perfect.Just let that sink in........I sure am happy that I don’t have to measure up to that standard. I found a way out

Instead of doing the Father's Word,  as Jesus Said,  you tryin to climb the fence ?   hint: won't work.

If you want to obey Jesus, to see heaven, to hear the Shepherd's Voice,  you agree with Jesus - you must be perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Sam Smith said:
2 hours ago,  frienduff thaylorde said: 

God gave the Jews 613 commandments .Nobody kept them.Not Peter,who said “ we nor our fathers kept them” nor Paul who said the law was an impossible system..That’s bad news for those who think they must keep the Law in order to be saved.It gets much worse.The “ dos and donts “ of Jesus were like the Law on steroids.I have no desire to commit adultery, but Jesus taught that a lustful thought was just as sinful.How ya doin’ with that one? Trust me ,I could go on and on with the “ sayings “ that you don’t keep,but let’s get right to the grand daddy of them all.... “ You are to be PERFECT , even as your Father in Heaven is perfect.Just let that sink in........I sure am happy that I don’t have to measure up to that standard. I found a way out.I hope you do also,so that when you stand before Jesus and try to impress Him with your ability to keep His sayings ,,,you will not have to hear “depart from me—-I NEVER knew you. Best of luck with your religion on that Day!

I NEVER said one word bout the law .   I SAID JESUS SAYINGS.  So many act like JESUS never gave us sayings to keep.  ALL OF THEM.

The great commission.   GO ye into all nations , baptizing them in the name of the Father , Son , Holy ghost

TEACHING THEM to observe ALL, not some , ALL THINGS I have commanded you.      LET IT SINK N .   Cause many are going to hear

I NEVER KNEW YOU.    Even though IN HIS NAME had done many things.   YEAH in HIS NAME , yet hear , I NEVER KNEW YOU.  yall fear truth , when you should just LIVE IT .

Say as you will.   I have said all that needed to get said.  WELL cept this............WHY DO YOU CALL ME LORD and YET DO NOT the things that I say.   YEAH , now I am off to another post

I don't beat it in.  EITHER its received or its shunned.   I can only speak or in this case write as I am led too.     No more , no less.    I pray it sinks in for tis too late.