• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

27 minutes ago, simplejeff said:

Who has faith ?  Who trusts in God ?  Who trusts His Word ?

< shrugs >  As it is written:  "few".   But who ? < shrugs again >  Who believes God's Word ? Who learns from Him ? 

His Word is simple, and Truth.   Men messed up.

Yes, we certainly do!  I know I have had my share of debates debating issues that had no true resolve as the debates were usually on subject where scripture is silent.

There is one thing I do know and that the harvest is ready but the workers are few.  I believe it is time to return to His work and let the unknown remain unknown.  One day, we will know for as we are known.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

if the Scripture is silent so should we be ... if it says little so we speak little... 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Content Per Day:  16.70
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, OneLight said:

Another theological dance and no real scripture where God tells us the earth is x years old.

Since you have no proof, I accept your answer just as I would from a flat-earth advocate.  Your answer to God's truth is silence, not reproof.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

45 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Since you have no proof, I accept your answer just as I would from a flat-earth advocate.  Your answer to God's truth is silence, not reproof.

Sorry Saved, but I have no idea what you are talking about.  I asked for someone to show me scripture that specifically states how old the earth is, without doing any type of theological dance, and you reply with theology and not one verse that specifically states a number.  Then you try to turn it around as if I am ignoring your request.  It never fails when someone cannot give a straight answer, they start to twists thing so the focus is not on their inability to give an answer, but the fault of the person asking.  Not going to play that game.

8 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Sorry Saved, but I have no idea what you are talking about.  I asked for someone to show me scripture that specifically states how old the earth is, without doing any type of theological dance, and you reply with theology and not one verse that specifically states a number.  Then you try to turn it around as if I am ignoring your request.  It never fails when someone cannot give a straight answer, they start to twists thing so the focus is not on their inability to give an answer, but the fault of the person asking.  Not going to play that game.

If you call someone showing you numerous scripture references indicating an old earth creation which is what the Jewish people believed a theological dance, you are being disingenuous in your question and in your reply to the answer to your question.  Maybe you should leave this discussion to people who really want to delve into the Holy Scriptures (as the Bereans did).  You don't appear to be searching for the truth of God's creative work.  You appear to be wanting to put doubt in the minds of those of us that have reached a different conclusion as you.  Is this the way to build up the saints?

12 hours ago, enoob57 said:

if the Scripture is silent so should we be ... if it says little so we speak little... 

Scripture says a lot for those with eyes to see, ears to hear, and the wisdom of the Holy Spirit to understand.

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Scripture says a lot for those with eyes to see, ears to hear, and the wisdom of the Holy Spirit to understand.

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

how old the earth is,

First,  the world: (carnal) : > "Today, the Genesis account of Creation has long since vanished from serious cosmology, the Patriarchs and Exodus are no longer included in most serious histories of ancient Israel,[12] and it is almost universally accepted that Joshua and Judges have little historical value.[13] Even the monarchy is questioned, and although scholars continue to advance proposals for reconciling the chronology of the Books of Kings, there is "little consensus on acceptable methods of dealing with conflicting data."[12][14]" "

Last,(First and Last);   the Bible: "As recently as the 18th century, scholars of the stature of Isaac Newton believed that the date of Creation was knowable from the Bible.[11] "

"The chronology of the Bible is an elaborate system of lifespans, "generations," and other means by which the passage of events is measured, beginning with Creation and extending through other significant events. A widespread scholarly understanding is that the Bible marks out a world cycle (Great Year) of 4,000 years, beginning with Creation and ending, presumably, around 164 BCE, with the year AM 2666 for the exodus representing 26 2/3 of 100 years or two-thirds of the total."[1][2][3][4][5] It was theological in intent, not historical in the modern sense,[6] and functions as an implied prophecy whose key lies in the identification of the final event.[7]

The count begins with creation and Year 1. The passage of time from the Creation to the Exodus is measured by adding the ages of the Patriarchs at the birth of their firstborn sons, later through express statements, and later still by the synchronised reigns of the kings of Israel and Judah.[8] The Exodus takes place in the year anno mundi 2666, or AM 2666, exactly two thirds of the way through the four thousand years, the Temple is commenced 480 years, or 12 generations of 40 years each, after that, and 430 years pass between the building of the Temple and its destruction.[8] The 50 years between the destruction of the Temple and the "Decree of Cyrus" and end of the Exile, added to the 430 years for which the Temple stood, produces another symmetrical period of 480 years,[9] and the 374 years between the re-dedication of the Temple by the Maccabees and the Edict of Cyrus completes the 4,000 years.[10] "

from

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_the_Bible

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

If it were important to God that we knew how old the earth is, don't you think he would of told us?  Instead, here we are trying to prove one way or the other by means of men.  Young Earth / Old Earth, what does it matter?  All we should be focused on is the harvest for the harvest is plenty, but the workers are few.

One Light

Boy oh boy do I agree with this!!!! I certainly could not care any less about how old the earth is..........in my perspective(even at 10,000 yrs)it is pretty old but the Ancient of Days ,the Creator does not seem to think I need that information ,so I don't need it it all! 

Wow,I can remember a time when all I used to do was debate about these things all day long,just wasting so much precious time.just to prove how smart I was  :24: Fact is I was unWise....

I'll tell you,one terminal,fatal,incurable disease & that got me thinking on other things,:emot-heartbeat:

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

14 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Boy oh boy do I agree with this!!!! I certainly could not care any less about how old the earth is..........in my perspective(even at 10,000 yrs)it is pretty old but the Ancient of Days ,the Creator does not seem to think I need that information ,so I don't need it it all! 

Wow,I can remember a time when all I used to do was debate about these things all day long,just wasting so much precious time.just to prove how smart I was  :24: Fact is I was unWise....

I'll tell you,one terminal,fatal,incurable disease & that got me thinking on other things,:emot-heartbeat:

With love-in Christ,Kwik

Worthy is a better place with you here Kwik.         :bighug2: