• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,027
  • Content Per Day:  16.64
  • Days Won:  0

51 minutes ago, notsolostsoul said:

I'm not saying to choose. I am trying to figure out where he wants me. 

In a situation he has told me Be Still. I am use to handling things on my own so I attempted to fix situations. My attempts failed. He told me "Be Still."

Now I am afraid I am too still. The situation has spread for the worse", by human standards, and I am to do nothing but sit by and endure.

I have asked him so what should I do now besides the situation and have heard nothing, other than Be Still. So right now my life is just waiting. I do my daily activities but I feel he has me on a "Spiritual Hold", if that makes any sense.

I am use to him talking and guiding me daily. Yet now it's quiet. I am at a lost as to what I shall do.

It makes perfect sense.  God's timing is not our timing.  You're still, but you're waiting for His perfect direction.  Don't be impatient and be sure to stay in God's word.  Your spiritual hold may seem long for you, but to God, your prayers have already been answered.  Have peace that God's in charge, hears your pleas, and provides guidance in everything you do.  He's teaching you patience now.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, OneLight said:

Why does it have to be one or the other?  Why not just follow His leading and advice as you converse with Him?

Is this subject a debate? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

48 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

It makes perfect sense.  God's timing is not our timing.  You're still, but you're waiting for His perfect direction.  Don't be impatient and be sure to stay in God's word.  Your spiritual hold may seem long for you, but to God, your prayers have already been answered.  Have peace that God's in charge, hears your pleas, and provides guidance in everything you do.  He's teaching you patience now.

This is what he has been saying to me. "It's already done. Be Still and Trust." 

Guess that is my confirmation, for the umpteenth time.

Boy Still and patience, not my strong suit, but Thank You All for being God's messagers. Thank you!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

1 hour ago, Wolf Bridges said:

Is this subject a debate? 

Kind of. Not in debating if we should listen to God. Yet the original post was meant to get others views on how to handle situations.

I have gotten advice from some that say "Just give it to God" and put nothing else into it. This works sometimes but then I have seen some do this and their situations never change.

Now from the outside looking in, I could see how a little adjustment in how they are approaching a situation could have the results they are hoping for. Yet the person is so caught up in giving it to God completely they miss him sending the message of adjustment.

My personal experience has varied. I've had times where I tried my hardest to help a situation, thinking I was doing as Christ would and it failed time and time again. My intentions were good, they were genuine but still failed.

So the debate, clarity or issue I was attempting to address with this post is: when does a person know that we are to give it to him completely, with no work on our part? Or when are we to put in work, coupled with him?

I appreciate all input because it can all be used to receive messages. Thank you!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 5/11/2017 at 0:06 PM, notsolostsoul said:

Some people will say they give over things to God to take care of. Others say they also have to put in work sometimes.

Which is right?

Which did Holy Spirit (Spirit of Truth) say to do? Oh no... now we must listen to Him?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

5 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

I'm not saying to choose. I am trying to figure out where he wants me. 

In a situation he has told me Be Still. I am use to handling things on my own so I attempted to fix situations. My attempts failed. He told me "Be Still."

Now I am afraid I am too still. The situation has spread for the worse", by human standards, and I am to do nothing but sit by and endure.

I have asked him so what should I do now besides the situation and have heard nothing, other than Be Still. So right now my life is just waiting. I do my daily activities but I feel he has me on a "Spiritual Hold", if that makes any sense.

I am use to him talking and guiding me daily. Yet now it's quiet. I am at a lost as to what I shall do.

Hi notsolostsoul,

Often the Lord is trying to get us to focus on our attitude to something. We tend to want everything (in our circle) fixed up, like yesterday, thank you God. But God is not on our time schedule. he gives people opportunity to turn to Him till the day they die. We would rather they get fixed up now, when really it is US and our behaviour, (frustration - that God is not doing it now, resentment, anger etc).

I don`t know your situation, but a good place to start is always, but always our own attitude, for we are constantly being changed into the image of the Lord.

regards, Marilyn.

4 hours ago, existential mabel said:

ah.. the, "be still" i had this prohesised over me back in 2010. i do so have a difficult time to be still. as my coping mech is being busy = staying sane and positive.

just lately i am finding that i need to abide in the LORD. and also the counselor i see reminded me about taking 10 mins each day to do nothing (not a christian counselor). in the last few days i have felt so much brighter however cough...i am catching up on stuff i have neglected for several years. i need to find the balance as this needs doing, now that i have the enthusiasm to do it.

at times i feel almost that i may be on a breakthrough with the LORD but hey wait and see i guess.

Hi mabel,

That is so great to hear of how you are going. Yes we can all identify with the needing to slow down and just be quiet. Thanks for the reminder.

all the best, Marilyn.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

17 hours ago, Marilyn C said:

Hi notsolostsoul,

Pleased to meet you and discuss this important topic. I would say that we need to always give everything over to God, and then do the everyday things that He has given us responsibility for. In other words continually giving our life, needs, desires, problems etc over to God, keeps us appreciating and relying on Him to reveal any thing that He would have us do, besides our normal life.

By this I mean we would expect a quickening, a nudge, regarding something that we hadn`t considered and that would be for us to say, do etc that thing.

The two go hand in hand - the giving over and the carrying on with expectancy that God will tell us anything else.

regards, Marilyn.

Very well said, Marilyn.  By surrendering everyone and everything to God we acknowledge that they are rightfully His and we are just His stewards.  He has given us the honor of supervising that which is His but we are totally responsible to Him for our care, and are to be sensitive to his direction.  

9 minutes ago, Willa said:

Very well said, Marilyn.  By surrendering everyone and everything to God we acknowledge that they are rightfully His and we are just His stewards.  He has given us the honor of supervising that which is His but we are totally responsible to Him for our care, and are to be sensitive to his direction.  

:thumbs_up: