Completely putting it in God's hands

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Some people will say they give over things to God to take care of. Others say they also have to put in work sometimes. I have heard testimonies from people who practice both.

Which is right? Should we put in work or should we just leave it for God? When do you know to do either?

Guest bonnieschamberger

it used to be alot trickier for me...but over these past few years and all the things that happened to me ...Id say God got me sort of trained  on stillness..its not perfect and its definately not constant but its to where there isnt near as much distraction as there used to be for me...to look at me now Im pretty boring ...hardly any tv anymore...only when i get a netflix in twice a week Ill have a movie night with God...Im mostly writing...going to the park to walk and talk with God...on my satelite radio Ill sing music with and to God and listen to sermons on xm family talk channel...for the past few years He has been saying Be still and know He is God and even sending people to tell me that too when my wheels are super spinning and I feel as though Im about to jump out of my skin lol.In the past though when there has been a move to make I was definately moved by the Holy spirit even though at the time I didnt know that was the name of it ..I just knew something supernatural was happening and I had no idea why I was doing what I was doing only that it felt 1000% right and I felt completely empowered.

1 hour ago, bonnieschamberger said:

it used to be alot trickier for me...but over these past few years and all the things that happened to me ...Id say God got me sort of trained  on stillness..its not perfect and its definately not constant but its to where there isnt near as much distraction as there used to be for me...to look at me now Im pretty boring ...hardly any tv anymore...only when i get a netflix in twice a week Ill have a movie night with God...Im mostly writing...going to the park to walk and talk with God...on my satelite radio Ill sing music with and to God and listen to sermons on xm family talk channel...for the past few years He has been saying Be still and know He is God and even sending people to tell me that too when my wheels are super spinning and I feel as though Im about to jump out of my skin lol.In the past though when there has been a move to make I was definately moved by the Holy spirit even though at the time I didnt know that was the name of it ..I just knew something supernatural was happening and I had no idea why I was doing what I was doing only that it felt 1000% right and I felt completely empowered.

Thank you!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,172
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

12 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Some people will say they give over things to God to take care of. Others say they also have to put in work sometimes. I have heard testimonies from people who practice both.

Which is right? Should we put in work or should we just leave it for God? When do you know to do either?

Hi notsolostsoul,

Pleased to meet you and discuss this important topic. I would say that we need to always give everything over to God, and then do the everyday things that He has given us responsibility for. In other words continually giving our life, needs, desires, problems etc over to God, keeps us appreciating and relying on Him to reveal any thing that He would have us do, besides our normal life.

By this I mean we would expect a quickening, a nudge, regarding something that we hadn`t considered and that would be for us to say, do etc that thing.

The two go hand in hand - the giving over and the carrying on with expectancy that God will tell us anything else.

regards, Marilyn.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  948
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,507
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

17 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

17 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

God does not reward slothiness. He is not the lawn mowing man, and He won't do the bushes either.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

18 hours ago, notsolostsoul said:

Why does it have to be one or the other?  Why not just follow His leading and advice as you converse with Him?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,051
  • Content Per Day:  15.58

5 hours ago, OneLight said:

Why does it have to be one or the other?  Why not just follow His leading and advice as you converse with Him?

I essentially agree with you.  For example, I have multiple ways to go to work.  If something is preventing me from going a certain way that I might prefer, I take the path of least resistance because I know God is watching over me.  At times, I am directed a certain way and there's an accident.  God gives me the opportunity to pray for those injured and not fret the delay.  Maybe this is silly but I feel I am being prodded to do certain things.  I don't always know why, I just want to follow His prompting and remain in His will.  

On a more serious side, God has spoken to me about a pregnancy in the family that no one knew about.  He has spoken to me (audibly) about someone doing damage to our house while we weren't there.  He told me that He would heal my paralyzed Pomeranian and He did.  He told me He would heal my Shetland Sheepdog with a bone growth when the Vet was talking about amputation.  The list goes on and on.  He refused my request for my own death which would secure my wife's future from money worries, etc.  I sometimes get fed with this world and most of the people in it, but not my will His will is what I want to be in.  I'm in a job I hate but God put me here for a reason, so here I am. 

39 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I essentially agree with you.  For example, I have multiple ways to go to work.  If something is preventing me from going a certain way that I might prefer, I take the path of least resistance because I know God is watching over me.  At times, I am directed a certain way and there's an accident.  God gives me the opportunity to pray for those injured and not fret the delay.  Maybe this is silly but I feel I am being prodded to do certain things.  I don't always know why, I just want to follow His prompting and remain in His will.  

On a more serious side, God has spoken to me about a pregnancy in the family that no one knew about.  He has spoken to me (audibly) about someone doing damage to our house while we weren't there.  He told me that He would heal my paralyzed Pomeranian and He did.  He told me He would heal my Shetland Sheepdog with a bone growth when the Vet was talking about amputation.  The list goes on and on.  He refused my request for my own death which would secure my wife's future from money worries, etc.  I sometimes get fed with this world and most of the people in it, but not my will His will is what I want to be in.  I'm in a job I hate but God put me here for a reason, so here I am. 

Thank you for sharing! May God continue to bless you. Your words are inspiring.

6 hours ago, OneLight said:

I'm not saying to choose. I am trying to figure out where he wants me. 

In a situation he has told me Be Still. I am use to handling things on my own so I attempted to fix situations. My attempts failed. He told me "Be Still."

Now I am afraid I am too still. The situation has spread for the worse", by human standards, and I am to do nothing but sit by and endure.

I have asked him so what should I do now besides the situation and have heard nothing, other than Be Still. So right now my life is just waiting. I do my daily activities but I feel he has me on a "Spiritual Hold", if that makes any sense.

I am use to him talking and guiding me daily. Yet now it's quiet. I am at a lost as to what I shall do.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,149
  • Content Per Day:  1.05

ah.. the, "be still" i had this prohesised over me back in 2010. i do so have a difficult time to be still. as my coping mech is being busy = staying sane and positive.

just lately i am finding that i need to abide in the LORD. and also the counselor i see reminded me about taking 10 mins each day to do nothing (not a christian counselor). in the last few days i have felt so much brighter however cough...i am catching up on stuff i have neglected for several years. i need to find the balance as this needs doing, now that i have the enthusiasm to do it.

at times i feel almost that i may be on a breakthrough with the LORD but hey wait and see i guess.