GoldenEagle

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.82
  • Days Won:  44

1. What are the fruits of the spirit? What did Jesus say about fruits?

2. Thoughts on this? (Obviously, Jesus never said this.)

"But the fruit of the Spirit is attendance, tithing, hemline attention, easy-listening music, passivity, and denial; volunteerism, dressing up on Sundays, and superiority."

stuff jesus never said.jpg

God bless,
GE

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

That is what I call majoring in minors.  I believe that we are supposed to catch the fish and let God clean them in His time.  Sometimes God needs to tend to some deep wounds before the externals can be addressed.  We never know what is going on in another person.  But there will be a change.  It may not be the changes we look for.  They must die and have the garbage and the intestines cleaned out first.  External scales can be removed later.   Just my opinion.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

“Love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control” (Galatians 5:22-23).

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.58
  • Days Won:  15

I think if there is any confusion it is that Jesus talked about fruit, "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them." (Matthew 7:15-20). While the Fruit of Spirit is obviously connected (i.e. the character of God), "Love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control” (Galatians 5:22-23). The Fruit of Spirit is the attributes, what God is like, so that you may test the spirits, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that[a] Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.  You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them. We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error." (1 John 4:1-6). The Fruit of Spirit also helps us discern if a supernatural, a miracle, and gift in spirit is really from God, it helps us find out if the Gift of Healing is the one from 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 or if it is counterfeit.

-My two pence

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

trees-640.jpg

Fruits of the Spirit is the same as the months in the year: 12 or 13.

On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month...

(Rev. 22:2)

"By the river on its bank, on one side and on the other, will grow all kinds of trees for food. Their leaves will not wither and their fruit will not fail. They will bear every month because their water flows from the sanctuary, and their fruit will be for food and their leaves for healing.

(Ez. 47:12)

The Revelation of John shows us the spiritual world, and in the book of the prophet Ezekiel we are shown the material world.

In the Epistles of the Apostle Paul, 12 fruits of the Spirit are named.

Wisdom is not mentioned among the fruits of the Spirit, but it is also mentioned in the apostolic epistles of the New Testament.

To each of the 12 or 13 fruits of the Spirit there corresponds a certain fruit of the real kind of tree, and this correspondence can be established on the basis of the Old Testament.

For example, the tree of knowledge, whose fruit a Man stole, is the fig tree. Jesus cursed this fig tree, and when it withered, a cross was made of it, on which Jesus Christ Himself was hanged. 

If we talk today about the materialization of spiritual fruits, then we must build the Temple, which is written in the book of the prophet Ezekiel. It is along the streams of Nahal Hever and Nahal Arugot in the Judean Desert that 12 paradise trees will be materialized.

Edited by Aryeh

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 2:11 PM, GoldenEagle said:

1. What are the fruits of the spirit? What did Jesus say about fruits?

2. Thoughts on this? (Obviously, Jesus never said this.)

"But the fruit of the Spirit is attendance, tithing, hemline attention, easy-listening music, passivity, and denial; volunteerism, dressing up on Sundays, and superiority."

stuff jesus never said.jpg

God bless,
GE

Galatians 5: 22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 

23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

I take it to be the attributes of God. What we should do, become and treat others by or with. Christ like. God like.

Scripture gives many directions and examples of what Jesus says about fruits. Too many to list.

As for the meme, I believe the composer might have been trying to point out that the things most may consider as works (fruits), being God like, are not that as which is taught by Jesus, God or The Holy Spirit.

Pointing out how so many Christians misconceive The Word or easily manipulate so it is simply achieved in their minds.

Edited by notsolostsoul

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 1:51 PM, Willa said:

That is what I call majoring in minors.  I believe that we are supposed to catch the fish and let God clean them in His time.  Sometimes God needs to tend to some deep wounds before the externals can be addressed.  We never know what is going on in another person.  But there will be a change.  It may not be the changes we look for.  They must die and have the garbage and the intestines cleaned out first.  External scales can be removed later.   Just my opinion.

Hiya Willa :) 

Going to number these so we don't loose track of them.

1. Please explain further the concept of majoring on minors?

2. I agree there can be great wounds that need healing. What do you mean by this though?

3. What about external scales? Can you speak to that?

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:21 PM, Wolf Bridges said:

“Love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control” (Galatians 5:22-23).

Hiya Wolf :)

4. True enough! So how do these fit in with our walk with Christ? 

"attendance, tithing, hemline attention, easy-listening music, passivity, and denial; volunteerism, dressing up on Sundays, and superiority"

God bless,
GE

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, GoldenEagle said:

Hiya Willa :) 

Please explain further the concept of majoring on minors?

I agree there can be great wounds that need healing. What do you mean by this though?

What about external scales? Can you speak to that?

Hiya Wolf :)

True enough! So how do these fit in with our walk with Christ? 

"attendance, tithing, hemline attention, easy-listening music, passivity, and denial; volunteerism, dressing up on Sundays, and superiority"

God bless,
GE

Hiya Golden, :) 

Do you have scriptures to support those? "attendance, tithing, hemline attention, easy-listening music, passivity, and denial; volunteerism, dressing up on Sundays, and superiority"

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:50 PM, Fidei Defensor said:

I think if there is any confusion it is that Jesus talked about fruit, "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them." (Matthew 7:15-20).

While the Fruit of Spirit is obviously connected (i.e. the character of God), "Love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control” (Galatians 5:22-23).

The Fruit of Spirit is the attributes, what God is like, so that you may test the spirits, "Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that[a] Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.  You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them. We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error." (1 John 4:1-6).

The Fruit of Spirit also helps us discern if a supernatural, a miracle, and gift in spirit is really from God, it helps us find out if the Gift of Healing is the one from 1 Corinthians 12:4-11 or if it is counterfeit.

-My two pence

Hiya Fidei :) I came across the same passage of Matthew 7:15-20. I think we often times forget that this is applicable as a warning to false prophets. 

I wonder at the fruit though.

5. If a person is saved does he or she always bear good fruit?

6. If a person is not saved does he or she always bear bad fruit?

7. How does 1 John:41-6 play into our lives on a practical level?

These are my initial thoughts.

God bless,

GE

11 minutes ago, Wolf Bridges said:

Hiya Golden, :) 

Do you have scriptures to support those? "attendance, tithing, hemline attention, easy-listening music, passivity, and denial; volunteerism, dressing up on Sundays, and superiority"

Oh I'm not trying to defend the Meme itself but to engage others in how we view so-called "evidence" of Christ-like living.

So let me rephrase my question.

8. Are fruits of the Spirit what we do (of our own will) or what God does through us (of His own will).

God bless,

GE