Yowm

Future sins of the believer.

43 posts in this topic

Were they forgiven at Calvary? Or did Jesus die for just some of our sins?

Of course, I have my conviction but I'll see where this goes for a bit.

Romans 4:8 (AV)
8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

Were they forgiven at Calvary? Or did Jesus die for just some of our sins?

Of course, I have my conviction but I'll see where this goes for a bit.

The very concept of justification, which is a forensic declaration of right standing with God, speaks to the fact that all of ours sins, past, present and future, were paid for by Jesus' death on the cross.

If only our past sins are paid for, then Jesus blood is no better than the blood of bulls and goats, which only dealt with past sins.  Jesus sin offering is once for all time according to Hebrews 10.

Jesus is the God of now. He forgives sin. Just don't keep sinning. People try to intellectualize matters of the heart.

Posted (edited)

Jesus became our sin, "He that knew no sin, became sin" Jesus is our "sin bearer".....that is .....his body was used as the sacrifice for "sin" of the world.

He literally bore all the sin you as a believer will ever commit, and died for THEM ALL.

And how can this be?.....Its because its the blood of GOD that is being shed and God's blood has an eternal sanctifying ability.

One more thing.....the day that you were saved, the very second ...God knew THEN all the sins you would commit until the rest of your life and He saved you anyway.

= GRACE.

Edited by Behold

On 5/16/2017 at 8:32 AM, Absolem said:

Jesus is the God of now. He forgives sin. Just don't keep sinning. People try to intellectualize matters of the heart.

What happens if one does 'keep sinning', i.e. Keep falling short of God's glory by failing to do what they ought?

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Yowm said:

What happens if one does 'keep sinning', i.e. Keep falling short of God's glory by failing to do what they ought?

If they continue to sin knowing the grace of the Lord they fall away and lose their salvation. I'm talking willful, deliberate sin. Hebrews talks about these kind of people.

Edited by Absolem

3 minutes ago, Absolem said:

If they continue to sin knowing the grace of the Lord they fall away and lose their salvation. I'm talking willful, deliberate sin. Hebrews talks about these kind of people.

Ok, I was thinking of our sinful perfectionless state. So Christ's sacrifice covers the ones I was thinking of but not the biggies?

Even the thought of sinning does not escape YHWH'S notice >>>

John 9:31
We know that God does not listen to sinners, but He does listen to the one who worships Him and does His will.

Job 35:13
"Surely God will not listen to an empty cry, Nor will the Almighty regard it.

Psalm 18:41
They cried for help, but there was none to save, Even to the LORD, but He did not answer them.

Psalm 145:18
The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.

Psalm 145:19
He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He will also hear their cry and will save them.

Proverbs 1:28
"Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; They will seek me diligently but they will not find me,

Proverbs 15:8
The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD, But the prayer of the upright is His delight.

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Ok, I was thinking of our sinful perfectionless state. So Christ's sacrifice covers the ones I was thinking of but not the biggies?

Christ's sacrifice was perfect and complete covering all sins save blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.