Yowm

Future sins of the believer.

Just now, Absolem said:
2 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Why do they have to be a nonbeliever?  Because he uses the term sinner?  Let me ask, if I lie, am I a liar?  If I sin, am I a sinner? 

So you think he's talking about someone whos already saved and sins?

Yes, I do.  I am not of the train of thought that once we are saved we cannot sin.  When we do sin, we need to repent and ask for forgiveness.  Our "future sins" are not covered by His blood until we confess and repent.  We all make mistakes and need to be forgiven when they are made.

I think its possible to fall away so I see your point I just think it applies more to nonbelievers.

28 minutes ago, Absolem said:

I think its possible to fall away so I see your point I just think it applies more to nonbelievers.

I am interesting why you believe this is what James was talking about?  To me, when James speaks to "brethren" and "those among you", I see this as speaking to the same group of brethren as one may sin and go astray.  Otherwise, how can one be "turned back" if they were never there in the first place?

James 5:19-20

Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

2 hours ago, Behold said:

"As Jesus IS, so are WE in this World"  .... "WE" = Born again.

The Born Again, are become the "Righteousness OF God"...."in Christ".

You are not what you think you are, but are instead what God has declared you to be, through the Blood Atonement.

Bottom line.

Exactly. And that is, no longer that which was condemned before rebirth; sinner.

38 minutes ago, Absolem said:

Non-believers are fallen by nature. It is possible for the Christian redeemed, the saint, to "fall away". Which is backslide. But we're not un-saved for that. We're not un-reborn. We're not now to regress to what we were before redemption and baptism;sinner.  No one can take us from Jesus' embrace. That's the whole meaning of the prodigal parable. 

7 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I am interesting why you believe this is what James was talking about?  To me, when James speaks to "brethren" and "those among you", I see this as speaking to the same group of brethren as one may sin and go astray.  Otherwise, how can one be "turned back" if they were never there in the first place?

Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins.

Turned back to God. God loves sinners. To bring someone to the truth of Jesus covers over a multitude of sins.

13 minutes ago, Absolem said:
23 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Turned back to God. God loves sinners. To bring someone to the truth of Jesus covers over a multitude of sins.

If this was not within the context it was given, I would agree.  Yet, James is speaking to a specific group.  If James was speaking to everyone, as in the marketplace to a crowd, your thought would align with scripture, but since he was not, I don't believe it applies.

1 minute ago, OneLight said:

If this was not within the context it was given, I would agree.  Yet, James is speaking to a specific group.  If James was speaking to everyone, as in the marketplace to a crowd, your thought would align with scripture, but since he was not, I don't believe it applies.

He's talking to believers about them converting people to Jesus.

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

When we do sin, we need to repent and ask for forgiveness.  Our "future sins" are not covered by His blood until we confess and repent.  We all make mistakes and need to be forgiven when they are made.

No, that is not entirely correct.   When Jesus died on the cross He paid the penalty for sin, and He paid it all.  He was the final sin offering, once for all time and once for all people.   He fully satisfied the justice of God.   

Justification by faith denies the idea that only our past sins are dealt with.   We could not be declared in right standing with God if our future sins are not paid for in His final sin offering.   Furthermore, if Jesus' blood only covers our past sins and not our future sins, then His blood is no better than the blood of bulls and goats.   The blood of bulls and goats only covered past sins.   

In addition, confession of sin is not about being cleansed from sin. .   When we confess our sins, the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all  unrighteousness.   Unrighteousness and sin are not interchangeable terms. Unrighteousness refers to condemnation, shame and guilt.    Confession of sin cleanses our conscience.   Confession of sin does not make us right with God.   We were made right with God when we got saved and he imputed unto us the righteousness of Christ.   That is a one-time event.   Justification happens one time.  

Confession of sin is not for God's benefit.   It is for our benefit and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from anything like condemnation and shame so that we can serve God without the enemy being able to use our sin against us. 

It is important to note that confession of sin is mentioned only one time, in the New Testament, in I John.   It is not in Paul's' epistles.   If confession of sin was how we are cleansed from sin, then Paul left out a major doctrinal concept from His epistles.  

Unfortunately, we have built a doctrine about confession of sin based on nothing from the Bible.  Nowhere in Scripture is confession of sin ever presented as being necessary for maintaining salvation.

Wow,lost my entire post.....I'll try again?

To me, when James speaks to "brethren" and "those among you", I see this as speaking to the same group of brethren as one may sin and go astray.  Otherwise, how can one be "turned back" if they were never there in the first place?                                      One Light

:amen:    A Born Again Believer should have an ongoing Intimate Relationship with God in Christ......Jesus Finished Work on the cross not only seals our spirits for Redemption,covering all our past ,present & future sin with His Precious Atoning Blood but also affords us a Life More Abundant,Saved Eternally PLUS from the bondages of sin here & now      Jesus said "IF" you Love me you will follow my commandments    Love is an 'action" ....Faith is also an action,it is a lifestyle in an active & ongoing Relationship with God in Christ     Living daily with our eyes on Jesus our hearts will never harden.....does that mean we are immune from temptation,exempt from sin,"No,of course not".....Not as long as we are living in these physical,temporal bodies in this temporal world......there is an ever present adversary that is looking to devour "who he can"......those that lose Sight of Jesus..

Anyone who is Striving towards Perfection(& that does not mean by our own efforts to "do good",'be better or best") and that "Perfection" is walking in Spirit & in Truth which gives us access to the Heart & Mind of Jesus,will quickly be Convicted and repentant......it should be automatic for us to say"I'm sorry Jesus" when we slip,stumble or err.....if it is not an immediate response then thats a pretty good indication that we are not actively pursuing Jesus...just my 2 cents      Praise Jesus!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Loved it! 1