IGNORED

"Incorrupt" Catholic saints bodies

Guest Judas Machabeus
3 minutes ago, JTC said:

I used to have relative that argued with me about this incorruptible issue. It isn't just the Catholic saints that are said not to corrupt. This is also claimed for certain people in Buddhism and possibly Hinduism. The idea is if you raise your Chi level high enough your body won't corrupt after death. I remain a skeptic on things like this. I would want the bodies examined by at least 6 very reputable doctors before I'd consider it to be possibly true. I like to be very certain about what I believe.

It's a fascinating topic for someone interested in such things. Where there are miracles there will also be fraudsters. 

The corruptablilty of a persons body has no bearing on what type of person they were. I also read too that there are cases of people outside the Catholic Church that have no signs or very little signs of decay. 

Why do this happen, don't know and don't care. It's interesting, but has no impact on my life of faith. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

1 minute ago, Judas Machabeus said:

Why do this happen, don't know and don't care. It's interesting, but has no impact on my life of faith. 

Nor should it have an impact on your faith.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

The Bible tells us that from dust we came and onto dust we will return.  The myth of 'incorruptible' bodies is just that...a myth.  The bodies that are displayed, which is awful in itself, are artificially preserved.  It is unchristian to venerate the dead.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Matrix said: 

" One of the things that the Catholic church loves to make a big ballyhoo about is the supposed "incorrupt" bodies of Catholic saints. "

A Big ballyhoo!  A bit over the top maybe my sister?   But I admit, you did get my attention with that dramatic opening, so maybe you knew what you were doing. :)

I asked my Catholic brother about this and he didn't even know what I was talking about. Maybe he is not the best Catholic out there paying attention to every word from the lips of the priest, but really?  And look at Judas here. This young man studies hard and even he can't recall the last time he heard this discussed. 

Whats next?  Have we discussed what they do on Ash Wednesday or Lent yet? Lol

ps  the thought of Lenins body not being allowed to decay is upsetting to me though. 

Edited by Spock

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Judas Machabeus said:

It's a fascinating topic for someone interested in such things. Where there are miracles there will also be fraudsters. 

The corruptablilty of a persons body has no bearing on what type of person they were. I also read too that there are cases of people outside the Catholic Church that have no signs or very little signs of decay. 

My whole point here though is just the fact that the RCC claims that incorruptibility of their "saints" is a miracle of God; yet the real truth is very different. I too have heard of many outside the Catholic church whose bodies have suffered little decay. But its no miracle of God just a miracle of nature, cold dry air, or no oxygen in the coffins, or whatever.

19 hours ago, Spock said:

A Big ballyhoo!  A bit over the top maybe my sister?

Yeah maybe but I couldn't find a better way to put it especially when Catholic churches put them out on display with fancy clothes and burial chambers and all that. How else would you put it.

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 hour ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

But its no miracle of God just a miracle of nature,

You believe natur has the power to perform miracles. 

My whole point here though is just the fact that the RCC claims that incorruptibility of their "saints" is a miracle of God

Can you give me the name of the Church document where they claim is? 

Cheers

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Yeah maybe but I couldn't find a better way to put it especially when Catholic churches put them out on display with fancy clothes and burial chambers and all that. How else would you put it.

I dont know, sister. I'm an x Catholic and I must admit, this was news to me when you started this thread. Yeah, I confess, I was not the best catholic. I even confess to stealing from the pope. Yeah, several families who didn't want to go to church would bring their envelopes with money in it....so guess what I did?  I figured the pope wouldn't miss ten or so dollars a week, right? 

I trust those sins also got washed away too!   Unless God was very close to that Pope. Yikes!!!!!

22 hours ago, JTC said:

The idea is if you raise your Chi level high enough your body won't corrupt after death

They also starve themselves subsisting off mainly nuts and berries. The idea being that getting rid of body fat (which decays more easily) will slow down deterioration of the rest of the body

51 minutes ago, Judas Machabeus said:

You believe natur has the power to perform miracles. 

Can you give me the name of the Church document where they claim is? 

Cheers

Well first of all the nature thing is just a figure of speech.

Second, well, I did find this...

https://www.dioslc.org/images/tribunal/THE PROCESS OF CANONIZATION OF SAINTS.pdf

7. A candidate is automatically declared a saint if the following evidence is presented: healings through contact with a relic; incorruptibility of the body; liquefaction of blood on the anniversary of death; a sweet aroma associated with the saint’s remains.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorruptibility