"Incorrupt" Catholic saints bodies

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0

One of the things that the Catholic church loves to make a big ballyhoo about is the supposed "incorrupt" bodies of Catholic saints. 

But how are these bodies preserved in reality?

The real proof is that bodies are sometimes embalmed secretly. Oftentimes the bodies actually were/are in some state of significant decay but the church covers them in wax to deceive the gullible.

Other times preservation can easily be explained away by natural conditions upon burial such as lack of oxygen in the burial chambers.

There is also absolutely NO precedent in the bible for God preserving the corrupt flesh anyway

Here are a few good sites that blow open the fraud of "incorruptibility"

www.orderofthegooddeath.com/really-whats-incorrupt-corpses

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/photographing-the-real-bodies-of-incorrupt-saints

http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/not-quite-incorruptible-st-bernadette-lourdes

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/daylightatheism/2007/09/on-incorruptibility/

Edited by TheMatrixHasU71

19 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Sounds as if they don't believe Paul...

1 Corinthians 15:37,42-44,50,53 KJV
[37] And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain : [42] So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: [43] It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: [44] It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. [50] Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. [53] For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Good one. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
10 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

One of the things that the Catholic church loves to make a big ballyhoo about is the supposed "incorrupt" bodies of Catholic saints. 

I listen to EWTN regularly, the Catholic Channel in situs xm and I can't even remember the last time the  incoruptables where brought up. It's almost never talked about. I think maybe Protestants make more of a big deal about it than Catholics do. Most because it's something that's fascinating and that's about it. It has no baring on anything. 

Guest Judas Machabeus
7 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Which implies it is held as dogma but not talked about that much.

It's not dogma. Not even close. 

Guest shiloh357

The body of Lenin is lying in state and so far, it is has not been corrupted, but that is an airtight case his body is housed in.  The minute air hits his body, it would be a pile of junk in a matter of hours.    So these incorruptible saints aren't quite the miracle they are made out to be.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 4:29 PM, Judas Machabeus said:

It's not dogma. Not even close. 

If its not dogma the church would bury these corpses; they would never put them on public display because they should know that this incorruptibility nonsense is just that....nonsense. Since they morbidly continue to put these corpses on display for the public then it IS dogma even if it isn't written down.

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:52 PM, shiloh357 said:

The body of Lenin is lying in state and so far, it is has not been corrupted, but that is an airtight case his body is housed in.  The minute air hits his body, it would be a pile of junk in a matter of hours.    So these incorruptible saints aren't quite the miracle they are made out to be.

It was embalmed too and is deteriorating somewhat from what I heard.

Guest Judas Machabeus
13 minutes ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

If its not dogma the church would bury these corpses; they would never put them on public display because they should know that this incorruptibility nonsense is just that....nonsense. Since they morbidly continue to put these corpses on display for the public then it IS dogma even if it isn't written down.

Okay. Because YOU declare it Catholic dogma therefore it's dogma. Even though it's NOT written down. But because you say so. 

Alright. I'm not going to argue. 

Just now, Judas Machabeus said:

Okay. Because YOU declare it Catholic dogma therefore it's dogma. Even though it's NOT written down. But because you say so. 

Alright. I'm not going to argue. 

Its simple commonsense for the reason I just gave. Doesn't take a genius.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I used to have relative that argued with me about this incorruptible issue. It isn't just the Catholic saints that are said not to corrupt. This is also claimed for certain people in Buddhism and possibly Hinduism. The idea is if you raise your Chi level high enough your body won't corrupt after death. I remain a skeptic on things like this. I would want the bodies examined by at least 6 very reputable doctors before I'd consider it to be possibly true. I like to be very certain about what I believe.