• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

That is true we do have chat-and one of the things people complain about in chat is nothing to talk about. Log on, and start talking about the Bible. No having to wait on a response. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 5/13/2017 at 11:54 AM, Absolem said:

Anyone interested in starting a christian Facebook group to study and fellowship? I have like no christian friends and it bums me out.

I don't have any Christian friends neither and I'm also bummed out by it almost everyday. However I also have misgivings about Facebook. I've often thought of a board here at Worthy where there would be no arguing allowed. I'm not sure how to set it up or how to enforce the no arguing rule. It would have to be no arguing based on our honor for each other as Christians. It would be place to go and say Good Morning or Good Night, or if you a post a problem you're having with people in the world no one should disagree with you unless you clearly wronged the other person. What I'm thinking about is kinda how 12 Step Meetings work where you can vent without fear of someone attacking you bc they disagree. This is probably what you want to do on Facebook but I really don't see how you will control all the nasty people there either. But I like your idea and I think there's a real need for something like this.   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

9 hours ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

That is true we do have chat-and one of the things people complain about in chat is nothing to talk about. Log on, and start talking about the Bible. No having to wait on a response. :)

No one talks in the chat room :(

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

2 hours ago, JTC said:

I don't have any Christian friends neither and I'm also bummed out by it almost everyday. However I also have misgivings about Facebook. I've often thought of a board here at Worthy where there would be no arguing allowed. I'm not sure how to set it up or how to enforce the no arguing rule. It would have to be no arguing based on our honor for each other as Christians. It would be place to go and say Good Morning or Good Night, or if you a post a problem you're having with people in the world no one should disagree with you unless you clearly wronged the other person. What I'm thinking about is kinda how 12 Step Meetings work where you can vent without fear of someone attacking you bc they disagree. This is probably what you want to do on Facebook but I really don't see how you will control all the nasty people there either. But I like your idea and I think there's a real need for something like this.   

Yeah that's kinda what I wanted to do. I figure I would monitor each person that joins the group to try to avoid nastiness. And just kick them out if they are nasty. Idk I'm kinda just going with it to see what happens. I hope it works out like I planned.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

I used to visit some FB Christian groups (one was a singles group).  But haven't been to one in years.  Only check FB once a week. 

Finding it tougher to connect w/people there as time goes on.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

I've been doing twitter and Facebook for about a year now to connect with H'Wood types to try to sell my stories / TV ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

On 5/15/2017 at 11:51 PM, JohnD said:

I've been doing twitter and Facebook for about a year now to connect with H'Wood types to try to sell my stories / TV ideas.

How has that been working for you?

• Followers:  65
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,568
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  7

On 5/15/2017 at 6:42 AM, JTC said:

I think it is a great idea to find other Christian people who you can be accountable to, and who can be there to encourage one another. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

On 5/13/2017 at 1:52 PM, Neighbor said:

and people wanting to meet chat or do whatever online

Its the "do whatever" that is one of the reasons I stay off of the likes of Facebook. You dont want to know how many immoral women want to chat with my husband (he has an account). Of course he ignores them but you know, you cant get away from them either. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

2 hours ago, TheMatrixHasU71 said:

Its the "do whatever" that is one of the reasons I stay off of the likes of Facebook. You dont want to know how many immoral women want to chat with my husband (he has an account). Of course he ignores them but you know, you cant get away from them either. 

Yep, When I joined in order to see some Israel pictures taken by  Zola Levitt's ministry I was  bombarded with those kinds of offers. I immediately tried to cancel my "account" It was nearly impossible. Took a few years before I stopped getting the "offers", and  facebook enticements to to use my account.