trusty

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

most churches have special days for mother, father, ect.. it  only serves to make some feel left out. as Paul says I'm afraid of you..

is this being overly sensitive? avoiding services on these  days  is my option.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, trusty said:

most churches have special days for mother, father, ect.. it  only serves to make some feel left out. as Paul says I'm afraid of you..

Hi Trusty,

Welcome to Worthy, if you have 5 posts you can discuss this more in another section, just not in the welcome section which is meant for introducing yourself :)

Many churches are not very  sensitive to this , I don't think they understand how difficult those days are for some people, maybe start praising the Lord for what do have?

You have Searched Me and Know Me
…13For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. 14I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well. 15My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;…

New American Standard Bible Ps..139:14

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

18 hours ago, trusty said:

It is being real. 

However, I really must go; because;

It is my opportunity  to engage in corporate worship music and praise

It is my opportunity to be led by my pastor in further exposition of Psalm 119

My presence along  with many many others makes up the body  of Christ that gathers and lends support one to another even as we may hurt and especially when we hurt.

And Oh, I work there! Wonder if pastor has these days too? 

Major league baseball is doing a two day celebration with all teams wearing pink uniforms and holding  pink bats and pink gloves.-YUCK! and we made it through day one of it okay, though my eyes may never be quite the same.

Edited by Neighbor

• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.69
  • Days Won:  25

I will be honest and say it seems a bit overly sensitive.   I feel a person should be able to celebrate someone else without feeling like they are being slighted or left out.  It is really no different than celebrating a birthday of someone, except there are more people being celebrated.   Instead of feeling left out, think of all the great and wonderful things that mothers and fathers do for their children, and celebrate that. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

While I agree with Running Gator, my wife has made me understand I am not like most people.  Both my parents have passed, yet I can celebrate other peoples parents birthdays or what ever without it affecting me.  Just because I am not sensitive to it does not mean others should not be sensitive.  As to the OP, on this day, it is in fact very difficult for some, and no it is most definitely not being too sensitive.  Angels4u had better advice than I could give. Thank you for posting your heart here trusty, God bless you

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

16 hours ago, trusty said:

I think so yes. 

If it wasn't for the mother or father of each of us we'd not be here by God's will to undertake the question. 

Honor your father and mother. Why would that be an issue? Especially one that would cause someone to not attend church on the day it happens there. 

Too many kids today don't honor their mother or father. They're out of control and sinking deeply into the traps of the world. 

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,703
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

To me, I can understand why some would be overly sensitive celebrating these days, because they lost a parent or are unable to have a child themselves, days like that can serve as a reminder if their hurt...

With that said, that doesn't necessarily mean it's right. To me its kind of a selfish thing to avoid church on those days or demand others not to celebrate it for those reasons. It's letting their hurt dictate others basically, those days are put in place as a way of honoring those who have raised kids for their role. It's not their fault that you are in pain, and I feel honoring them is very important. 

Now before anyone thinks I'm picking on them and calling them selfish, please take my words in context. I realize from your perspective your not being selfish, and I also realize as humans we are all selfish and we all have difficulty sometimes seeing past our own pain. It's human nature.

And if not going to church is your way of dealing with it, well while I think there are healthier ways of dealing with whatever you are going through, skipping church isn't the end of the world. I just ask that you don't try to detract from anyone elses experience with the days in question.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

I find nothing wrong with a church honoring the role God bestowed on mothers. And fathers in their day of celebration in June. 

People that aren't able to have children are still a child of a mother and father no matter their age. That's what is honored in these celebrations. Those who have lost a parent or both parents are still here because of their parents. And a reminder of that gift of life and celebrating that can be what these celebration days are about. 

I suggest to look toward the positive in glory. Not toward the negative in defeat. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

My mother was a great mom to her seven kids.  She is no longer with us and the memories do not leave which i cherish.    Nothing wrong in setting aside a day to pay attention to mothers and pampering them with greetings ect.   Yes, some have had hurts and have to find ways to come to terms with reality and move on.  

Happy mothers day to all mothers........

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

My mother was a great mom to her seven kids.  She is no longer with us and the memories do not leave which i cherish.    Nothing wrong in setting aside a day to pay attention to mothers and pampering them with greetings ect.   Yes, some have had hurts and have to find ways to come to terms with reality and move on.  

Happy mothers day to all mothers........

Yes!

I know people who have lost their mom. They bring flowers to the grave and spend time there on mother's day. We're never apart from our parents because they are part of us. 

:emot-heartbeat:Happy Mothers Day! :emot-heartbeat: