• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  260
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Davida said:

What is labelling others as naïve, ignorant and arrogant called?  

That which will answer to God.

For arguing their prejudice knows the mind of the eternal through that lens. 

2 minutes ago, Davida said:

So? it's ok to label others "naïve, ignorant and arrogant"?

"So?" 

Fascinating. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, Davida said:

So? it's ok to label others "naïve, ignorant and arrogant"?

You still haven't answered my question davida.  What do you call Catholics who disagree with you regarding catholic doctrines? 

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with calling someone naive, ignorant, or arrogant?  That is not labeling, but rather showing them where they have strayed off the path?

naive- you haven't a clue

ignorant- you need to study more

arrogant- you need not to be so condescending.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

2 hours ago, Happinessity said:

For some reason the search page of over 1,100 results won't post the full link so that I can cut and paste. But if you search all forum for "women pastors" you'll find plenty of posts.I posted a copy of the first search page being the link to search results doesn't show in the browser window.  

1. misogyny

Happinessity replied to creativemechanic's topic in General Discussion

...Interesting that a topic of misogyny has a man introducing the topic ofwomen being unfit to pastor due to their gender. That's not misogyny necessarily though misogyny can be a component on an individual basis. It is however, a gender prejudice. Especially when neither Jesus nor God said that wome...
  2. I am new here and after reading through many threads, I know in advance that I am going to be in the minority with the following point of view. Of course I didn't read each and every thread, so maybe there are some others here that believe the same as I do. For a little back ground, I was once...
  3. image.thumb.jpg.25a64de826d5723ec3acec2e

Wolf Bridges replied to creativemechanic's topic in General Discussion

...People can say that claimingwomen aren't fit for thepastors seat, an example from this thread, is misogyny. When that can be the underlying motive in someone who says that, it isn't actually what the embodies the meaning of the word misogyny itself.
  4. 5915ff7191d10_lioness-935926__340(1).thu

worthy replied to creativemechanic's topic in General Discussion

...but why choosewomenpastors? We all know its a huge topic of debate.
  5. SAM_0749.thumb.JPG.daac2dc3b82e313a73f65

Jacob Ben Avraham posted a topic in Understanding Hebrew Roots

...pastors, rabbis, evangelists, etc. The Sabbath day was NEVER changed to Sunday. Not that it was bad to come together on Sundays, any day of the week is a good time to come together. It just became customary for the believers in the first century to come together on the “first day of the week” like...
  6. Psalms_18-2.jpg.240e6b9cce987d62fa2b315e

Davida replied to nebula's topic in General Discussion

How many threads has this been debated in?? you know what I will say to you, we've done this dance before. Take it up with the Word of God if you disagree. I'm too tired to take time to type words that are just a repeat from other threads & it will just be ignored by those that will make excuses to...
  7. 18342211_10155039934242631_1188932064778

Fidei Defensor replied to nebula's topic in General Discussion

My thoughts onwomen's role in the Church, from my Blog: "WarriorWomen: The Role ofWomen in the Church There is a major move in Church, withwomen now leading and preaching. There are warriorwomen who want to pray and preach. There are some resisting this, taking Paul's words out...
  8. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default

daughterofGrace replied to nebula's topic in General Discussion

...Since the subordination ofwomen was part of the curse, we no longer have to live with that set-up today. In fact, if we do, we are not honouring Christ and his work on the cross. So why is it that many churches persist in treatingwomen like second-class citizens? I think it has to do with...
  9. Psalms_18-2.jpg.240e6b9cce987d62fa2b315e

Davida replied to nebula's topic in General Discussion

Ifwomen were to have the Exact same role as a men as far as Teaching , Pastoring then why then didn't Jesus pick 6women to be His disciples? Why not 2 or 1 even? The Jewish culture at the time would not have held Him back if that was HIS desire, for He is the Son of God, Jesus could have appointe...
  10. 585e3505db3bb_AnimatedRabbiNTorah(4).thu

JohnD replied to Annette's question in Worthy Q & A

In another thread I wrote in response to one who found themselves resentingpastors... ---------------------------------------- Well... You probably need to go into ministry. You see, Christianity has been hijacked by the Roman Empire (which morphed into Roman Catholicis...
  11. willa.JPG.54972ee6f828840aed1c47475ed068

Willa replied to Annette's question in Worthy Q & A

I agree thatwomen can teach young boys, girls andwomen. We have male leaders for middle and high school, and it is needed because middle school boys can be disruptive. The boys need a male example at this time, and many don't have one at home. I think a couple in leadership is optimal. S...
  12. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default

lemurchampagne replied to nebula's topic in General Discussion

...Women had a very subservient role in the time of Christ. Jesus flew in the face of that and hadwomen in his company of Apostles. Thewomen traveled with him , thewomen were at the foot of the cross when he died. Andwomen carried forth the ministry after he departed. Pastor doesn't appear i...
  13. Jesus.thumb.jpg.2ef95ec78879fa8a1b4f1482

Behold posted a topic in General Discussion

...do you have your point of view about "womenPastors"? im aware of Paul's scriptures about "" teachers, bishops, and "silence in the church" just like you are, but, what is your POV about it, as everyone has one, ive noticed. MIne is......just as soon as a woman can become the "Husband of...
  14. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default

...The argument that Paul is speaking of allwomen is a misunderstanding of scripture and culture of the time. Paul was speaking to one church, not the universal church. It doesn't follow that Paul would say that we are all one in Christ and there is no division. And then later create division b...
  15. live_long.jpg.170a5624c48cb3129b5e245299

Spock replied to Heavenunlimited's topic in General Discussion

...but on another thread you basically said PAUL doesn't allow forwomen to bepastors (even though Jesus did not say they couldn't be), and then here you say Jesus never spoke in tongues, so why should we? Although Paul did speak in tongues, and even encouraged people to seek the gift. Correct...
  16. 578bd06c07f77_DSC_0016(100x100).jpg.03b9

nebula replied to nebula's topic in General Discussion

...it could be argued that thewomen who followed Him were disciples as well. 2. Where does the Bible saywomen are not to be "pastors"? Put the word "pastor" in a Bible search, and let me know how many times you even see the word "pastor" and what these verses imply is the job of a pastor!...
  17. th.jpg.0188f3f36554b5d2742e83b484dccc21.

shiloh357 replied to nebula's topic in General Discussion

...In that sensewomen could be included as disciples. But Jesus chose 12 men to the leaders of the Church, to be Apostles. We have no record of the female disciples every starting churches or in any kind of leadership such as pastor. We have no records of sermons preached by female disciples of J...
  18. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default

Riccardo replied to Heavenunlimited's topic in General Discussion

...As forwomenpastors once again don't read into something that Jesus did not say as an affirmative. How big would the Bible have to be if that were the case. God Bless brother
  19. IMG_1321.thumb.jpeg.d7b11898408c4d4047fc

Neighbor replied to creativemechanic's topic in General Discussion

...I found one of thepastors who was in the church and asked him if it was appropriate for me to wear t shirt and shorts, like he was wearing. He confirmed that it was. I felt better about myself. Modesty, excessive concern about it only leads to individuals eventually wantingwomen conf...
  20. 5891ee6037d14_1Pray.thumb.png.0db0cef12c

Your Brother In Christ posted a question in Worthy Q & A

What does the bible says aboutwomenpastors?
  21. 5891ee6037d14_1Pray.thumb.png.0db0cef12c

can women be pastors

Your Brother In Christ posted a topic in Biblical Topics

22. Faith1_zpse0420f68.jpg.aad14f3ac5cb9ff9b

RustyAngeL replied to Annette's question in Worthy Q & A

...women are not to be over men in the church. There are many wonderful teachers that arewomen. I have no problem with that. However to be leaders, such aspastors, deacons.... NO.
  23. 585e3505db3bb_AnimatedRabbiNTorah(4).thu

JohnD replied to Annette's question in Worthy Q & A

...I believe the Bible interprets it thatwomen can teach otherwomen and children of both genders (til the males reach adulthood). But that's when there is not a drastic shortage of malepastors / teachers. My point and premise is that we in the Body Christian are all priests of God but we:...
  24. 84c1e40ea0e759e3f1505eb1788ddf3c_default

...I would caution though that you not attempt to take your opinion that is against God's calling ofwomenpastors and make remarks that present your point of view as one of intolerance and entitlement to judge the whole of the faith and those in service to. Because they are female and in positions of...
  25. miss-muffet.jpg.d204e4908ea15744df39a924

missmuffet replied to Annette's question in Worthy Q & A

The Bible tells us thatwomen should not bePastors. Although they can take a teaching roll in the Church. 1 Timothy 2:11-14

None of these posts says women cannot work in ministry.  Some say they cannot hold specific offices, but never a blanket statement like you claim.

3 minutes ago, OneLight said:

None of these posts says women cannot work in ministry.  Some say they cannot hold specific offices, but never a blanket statement like you claim.

Blanket statement? I refuted Running Gators claim on first page and his statement about women pastors. And from there as it progressed to that of women being called in service to God. Which includes women pastors. Therefore, you're wrong about the content of those posts in the link I afforded using the keyword search here to find threads wherein women pastors have been the topic, "women pastors". 

And those results show there is opposition to women being called in service as pastors by God. 

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

This thread is not about women pastors.

4 minutes ago, worthy said:

This thread is not about women pastors.

That is correct. It is about misogyny. Which can be a factor in those strongly opposed to women being pastors. 

• Followers:  53
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,064
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  8

3 minutes ago, Happinessity said:

That is correct. It is about misogyny. Which can be a factor in those strongly opposed to women being pastors. 

We had already decided to not use that as an example though. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

It is human preference that deems human prejudice against women pastors as capable of speaking for God when claiming God would never call a woman to preach. Which is what is happening when someone tries to use Pauline letters to put forth that argument. And that then implicates Paul as duplicitous when he at one point said we are all one in Christ Jesus, that there is no separation, no men, no woman, we are all one. To then use Paul's letters about women being silent in church, etc.... as proof Paul is saying God told him to tell us women aren't to serve as pastors because God said so is directly refuting the prior all one in Christ statement God gave Paul. 

Peoples prejudice against women pastors is able to keep them from going to a church where a woman is pastor. It shouldn't dare think to speak for God as if he's in accord with that prejudice. Because it doesn't make sense that God would say we're all one in his son Jesus, and then say, but we're separated by gender when it comes to delivering the message of his son to the world. 

That's simply not true. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

On 5/14/2017 at 1:38 PM, OneLight said:

Scripture shows us who can and cannot be leaders in the church.  If you disagree with what is said, you are calling the writers of scripture naive and ignorant and arrogant.  You realize this, don't you?

4 hours ago, Happinessity said:

No, I'm calling the people who think to interpolate the scriptures to say women can't be called to service by God, when scriptures show that is not the case, naive, ignorant, and arrogant. And prideful thinking their ego's know more than does God. As if God would deliver the message that we're all one in Christ and then say, but because we're women he'd never see us fit to preach his word. Speaking for God in a way that denotes prejudice is far worse than naive. 

You realize this, don't you?

3 hours ago, OneLight said:

Can you show me where anyone on this site ever said that women cannot be called into service by God? 

46 minutes ago, OneLight said:

40 minutes ago, Happinessity said:

Blanket statement? I refuted Running Gators claim on first page and his statement about women pastors. And from there as it progressed to that of women being called in service to God. Which includes women pastors. Therefore, you're wrong about the content of those posts in the link I afforded using the keyword search here to find threads wherein women pastors have been the topic, "women pastors". 

And those results show there is opposition to women being called in service as pastors by God. 

I placed in bold and underlined the blanket statement.  From that point, I read that you were talking about all services and not any specific service, which is why I said ti was a blanket statement. 

As for certain official positions, scripture speaks for itself.