• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

35 minutes ago, Spock said:

1. People have and are still guilty of taking a verse or two from the word out of context and use it to support WHAT THEY WANT IT TO SAY.  I cited the bigoted racists of the 1800s who did just that, when they justified their right to slavery by quoting guess who? Paul from his LETTERS. (I wonder if Paul ever thought all of his LETTERS would end up being scripture read everyday for thousands of years by every Christian  on an equal plane with the Gospels, Acts, Hebrews, and Revelation?  Philemon who?  Just a thought.)  Therefore, we have to be careful not to use a very small segment of scripture to make a doctrine. 

I am not churchmouse, yet I wonder if it occurred to you, your post on the workers of the harvest, seems to be just that?  As workers of the harvest have nothing to do with headship.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I got dizzy going through this thread as it keeps going in circles.  Is there anything new to add or has this discussion run its course?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

23 minutes ago, hmbld said:

As for workers of the harvest, they be male and female, sure, yet I am not sure that throws out the headship argument.   These are two separate issues.  

Well, it bears saying that the Pauline letters to the churches were written to those churches. They were not written for us. 

When God sent his only son to die to take on the sins of the whole world that whomever, whosoever believes in Jesus will not perish of their sins but will be saved from them, how would it set that God would decree that blessed amazing good news isn't worthy of being spread to the world of sinners by women? 

• Group:  Diamond Member

8 minutes ago, Wolf Bridges said:

Well, it bears saying that the Pauline letters to the churches were written to those churches. They were not written for us. 

When God sent his only son to die to take on the sins of the whole world that whomever, whosoever believes in Jesus will not perish of their sins but will be saved from them, how would it set that God would decree that blessed amazing good news isn't worthy of being spread to the world of sinners by women? 

And when and who ever stopped women from spreading the good news?

7 minutes ago, Wolf Bridges said:

Am I missing something here as I have not once seen in this thread where women cannot be used in His service.  All I have seen is people quoting scripture that states they do not have authority over men, in church leadership positions.  Why does it have to be all or nothing?

• Group:  Diamond Member

14 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I got dizzy going through this thread as it keeps going in circles.  Is there anything new to add or has this discussion run its course?

Hey Onelight, if this pertains to me thats ok, as I recognize I have not read through the whole thread.  I usually do before commenting but I've fallen behind on reading lately lol.  Sorry!

3 minutes ago, hmbld said:

Hey Onelight, if this pertains to me thats ok, as I recognize I have not read through the whole thread.  I usually do before commenting but I've fallen behind on reading lately lol.  Sorry!

No, as I quoted the person I was asking the question to.  Reading this whole thread would be like reading a short book, with as much drama.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

23 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Am I missing something here as I have not once seen in this thread where women cannot be used in His service.  All I have seen is people quoting scripture that states they do not have authority over men, in church leadership positions.  Why does it have to be all or nothing?

Why don't you think a church pastor is involved in the harvesting of souls?  Many churches have alter calls, yes? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

No, as I quoted the person I was asking the question to.  Reading this whole thread would be like reading a short book, with as much drama.

:D Did enjoy that OneLight,

And as I`ve just popped in, (time out from the ever long, never ending debate) and would like to give my two cents worth.

The ministries of the ascended Lord, (5 fold) are given to the Body whether some recognise them or not. However when we are talking of leaders over man`s organisations, there are many reasons why women have not been given positions there - having children, (therefore took longer to work up the hierarchy), man`s prejudice, tradition, the amount of administration that is really the job, etc etc.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

33 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Am I missing something here as I have not once seen in this thread where women cannot be used in His service....
All I have seen is people quoting scripture that states they do not have authority....
over men, in church leadership positions....

Why does it have to be all or nothing?

27 minutes ago, OneLight said:

No, as I quoted the person I was asking the question to....
Reading this whole thread would be like reading a short book, with as much drama....

8 minutes ago, Spock said:

Why don't you think a church pastor is involved in the harvesting of souls....
Many churches have alter calls....

:24:

You Are The Church

Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in your midst? 1 Corinthians 3:16 (New International Version)

Both The Boys And The Girls

Older women, likewise, are to be reverent in their behavior, not slanderers or addicted to much wine, but teachers of good. In this way they can train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, managers of their households, kind, and subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be discredited. Titus 2:3-5 (Berean Study Bible)