IGNORED

The Bible inspired?

Who first said the Bible was the inspired word of God? Was it God himself or a historic figure? Scriptures and names welcome. Thx

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

Who first said the Bible was the inspired word of God? Was it God himself or a historic figure? Scriptures and names welcome. Thx

Paul.  II Timothy 3:16

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

Not the first, but a good and true example:

Exodus 4:10-12Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

10 But Moses replied to the Lord, “Please, Lord, I have never been eloquent—either in the past or recently or since You have been speaking to Your servant[a]—because I am slow and hesitant in speech.”[b]

11 Yahweh said to him, “Who made the human mouth? Who makes him mute or deaf, seeing or blind? Is it not I, Yahweh? 12 Now go! I will help[c] you speak and I will teach you what to say.”

Footnotes:

1. Exodus 4:10 = Moses
  2. Exodus 4:10 Lit heavy of mouth and heavy of tongue
  3. Exodus 4:12 Lit will be with you

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/14/2017 at 3:24 PM, Allroses48 said:

The Bible we know today, the Canon of scripture, wasn't compiled in Paul's time.Before his conversion Paul, known as Saul, Paul being the Greek translation of his name, was a Jewish Pharisee who traveled the lands and persecuted, oversaw the execution, of the first Christians. Which were Jewish converts who were deemed apostate for turning from the Jewish faith. Saul held the cloak of the apostle Stephen as he was stoned to death. 

Being a Pharisee Paul was very well educated and legalistic. The scripture he spoke of being inspired by God was the Torah. Not what is our Bible today because it did not exist. 

There is a great deal of information on how the Bible was compiled. How we arrived at the Canon, which means it is closed scripture determined as the last time God will deliver his revelations to the earth's people, is also available on-line. 

This may help start you out. :) I hope you enjoy. NOVA

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

On 5/14/2017 at 2:24 PM, Allroses48 said:

If it is what's it matter?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

If one only gives diligence to the study of God's Word it become self evident  that it was not assemble nor fashioned by mankind alone-> God 'IS' revealed  in a most objective manner so that faith seems moot after the learned preceps are applied in one's life.... litterally God lives in the hearts of His Children and we are aware of His presence in very tangible means!  Love, Steven

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

2Ti 3:16  AMP Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God's will in thought, purpose, and action),

God-breathed is the literal interpretation.  God breathed or whispered what the apostles were to write.  The Holy Spirit is the author of the Bible.   Jesus said and did only what the Father told Him to do.  Mathew and John recalled His words with the help of the Holy Spirit.  Mark wrote down the words Peter recalled.  Luke wrote down what the apostles gave Him to write.  

2Pe 1:21  For no prophecy ever originated because some man willed it [to do so—it never came by human impulse], but men spoke from God who were borne along (moved and impelled) by the Holy Spirit.

Joh 16:12  "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. Joh 16:13  When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. Joh 16:14  He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you. Joh 16:15  All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.

The Bible is the word of God, not of man.  That is why it is called Holy Bible, the Sacred Scriptures.  1Th 2:13  ESV  And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.  1Th 2:13 AMP And we also [especially] thank God continually for this, that when you received the message of God [which you heard] from us, you welcomed it not as the word of [mere] men, but as it truly is, the Word of God, which is effectually at work in you who believe [exercising its superhuman power in those who adhere to and trust in and rely on it].

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

Please do not forget that the Bible is not a book but a collection of 66 books, written over a span of 1600 years across 3 continents, by over 40 writers inspired by God in 3 languages yet it has ONE primary theme ( The Glory of God and salvation of mankind ) and zero errors or contradictions.

Guest Judas Machabeus

yes there is many verses of scripture that you can point to.... my question is where in the bible is the list of books that are inspired. It says scriptures but what are the scriptures?

On 5/14/2017 at 3:24 PM, Guest said:

The bible is a collection of books, Who first said that the bible (collection) of books is the inspired word of God. I think this is a good question and you can't go to the bible to get the answer. I'm not sure if the intention of "Guest" was this exercise or not, but it's hard to be sola scriptura when your scriptura needs man to define it.

Guest Judas Machabeus
17 hours ago, Yowm said:

This may be so, but 'men' are included in Church Councils, correct? By what basis would these men/Church Councils determine which books are inspired and which are not, except by the Scriptures internal witness?

this is circular reasoning... the bible is inspired because it says its inspired? What internal witness does scripture give to say the Gospel of Mark is inspired work?