• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, OneLight said:

Yet, Jesus will not return until after the 7 year tribulation, so using your theory, the Holy Spirit will still be here until His return.  So, I guess we do agree that until He returns, the Holy Spirit will remain.

Look, God will work as He did in the Old Testament. The out pouring as in the day of Pentecost is withdrawn, that is what is taken away. Did you actually read what I wrote?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Zemke said:

Look, God will work as He did in the Old Testament. The out pouring as in the day of Pentecost is withdrawn, that is what is taken away. Did you actually read what I wrote?

Yes, I read what you wrote.  Just because you wrote it does not mean I have to agree with it.  I see nothing in scripture where we are told the the Holy Spirit will be removed after the rapture.  You said that Jesus had to leave so He could send the Holy Spirit and that the Holy Spirit would have to depart when Jesus came.  Your exact words are "Well as Jesus said He must depart so the comforter can come,  in the same way the Holy Spirit must depart so Jesus can come.".  My reply to this statement is that Jesus will not return until after the Great Tribulation, so the Holy Spirit will remain through the Great Tribulation.

Do you disagree with your own words?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Yes, I read what you wrote.  Just because you wrote it does not mean I have to agree with it.  I see nothing in scripture where we are told the the Holy Spirit will be removed after the rapture.  You said that Jesus had to leave so He could send the Holy Spirit and that the Holy Spirit would have to depart when Jesus came.  Your exact words are "Well as Jesus said He must depart so the comforter can come,  in the same way the Holy Spirit must depart so Jesus can come.".  My reply to this statement is that Jesus will not return until after the Great Tribulation, so the Holy Spirit will remain through the Great Tribulation.

Do you disagree with your own words?

Really unfair question. I also wrote that the Holy Spirit was given to the disciples 'before' the day of Pentecost while Jesus was present. What I'm speaking of is the work of the Holy Spirit as in convicting the world of sin and empowering the church. You have taken my words out of context to play a word game. Why?

Edited by Zemke

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  4,040
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/15/2017 at 7:19 AM, kenny2212 said:

I believe it would be too late to accept Jesus after the rapture. Not that I'm saying people would not repent after the rapture. But their salvation would be based on whether they worship the beast and receive his mark. See Rev. 14:9,10. But what if the rapture happens long before the mark of the beast is introduced? I believe the trumpet judgements will not be worldwide. Will be limited to the middle east (I think). So I think there would be mass emigration from the middle east (especially before the 5th trumpet).

What is the Point in having 144,000 preaching Jews and the Two Witnesses if no one can come to Jesus? Israel repents and comes to Jesus and we have the REMNANT of the Church, which also points to people coming to Jesus after the Rapture. How do you suppose things like this when the evidence points in a different direction?

Edited by Revelation Man

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Rev Man, I didn't say people won't be able to give their lives to Jesus after the rapture, what I said is it won't count. Whether they make it will depend on what they do about the Antichrist and his mark. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

On 5/15/2017 at 9:21 PM, OneLight said:

Why do you believe God will remove the Holy Spirit during the tribulation?  I find no reason why God would abandon His creation.

You think there would be an indwelling during the 70th week? I hope so, for family and friend sake. :)

55 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

You think there would be an indwelling during the 70th week? I hope so, for family and friend sake. :)

I can only go with what scripture tells us.  We were given the Holly Spirit and nowhere does it say He is ever removed.  Since He will still be around, I am sure He will continue on with the Fathers will.

On 5/16/2017 at 10:22 AM, Zemke said:

Really unfair question. I also wrote that the Holy Spirit was given to the disciples 'before' the day of Pentecost while Jesus was present. What I'm speaking of is the work of the Holy Spirit as in convicting the world of sin and empowering the church. You have taken my words out of context to play a word game. Why?

I have not taken your words out of context.  I read what you posted and replied from what you said.  I do agree that Jesus gave the Apostles the Holy Spirit before Pentecost so they could continue His work in His absence.  Can you show me where in scripture it tells us that the Fathers will has changed when speaking about the work of the Holy Spirit?  The Holy Spirit has been convicting the world of sin and I do not see in scripture where He will stop doing so.   I would love to see where I have missed this in the many years I have studies scripture.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

2 hours ago, OneLight said:

I can only go with what scripture tells us.  We were given the Holly Spirit and nowhere does it say He is ever removed.  Since He will still be around, I am sure He will continue on with the Fathers will.

Since the Holy Spirit inside believers is the restrainer, don't you think the Holy Spirit would leave with the believers at rapture? The 70th week is considered 7 years of darkness, and believers are of the light and of the day.

Zep 1:15 That day will be a day of wrath— a day of distress and anguish, a day of trouble and ruin, a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness—

1 Thess 5:5 You are all children of the light and children of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

On 5/16/2017 at 11:19 AM, Revelation Man said:

What is the Point in having 144,000 preaching Jews and the Two Witnesses is no one can com to Jesus? Israel repents and comes to Jesus and we have the REMNANT of the Church, which also points to people coming to Jesus after the Rapture. How do you suppose things like this when the evidence points in a different direction?

Hello Rev Man,

Where does it say in scripture that the 144,000 are preaching?  This is what scripture says they will be doing.

Revelation 14 Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s name written on their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, like the voice of many waters, and like the voice of loud thunder. And I heard the sound of harpists playing their harps. 3 They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits to God and to the Lamb. 5 And in their mouth was found no deceit, for they are without fault before the throne of God.

The sing a song only they know, and follow Jesus wherever He goes.  That is all we are told they do, nothing about witnessing.  They were redeemed from among men, being firstfruits, see what Paul said below.

I Corinthians 15:20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive.

The firstfruits are those who have fallen asleep, in other words, people who are already physically dead.  They will follow Jesus right out of heaven and those who are alive and remain meet them in the air.  They will continue following Him right into battle and anywhere else that He goes following that.

As far as Israel, they are in the wilderness for the entire 3 1/2 year period, so the two witnesses are not here for them, nor will they know what is going on with them unless there is cable tv available in the wilderness.  The Lord will lead Israel to the truth in the wilderness according to scripture, the two witnesses are for the rest of humanity, and are not well received but a display of God's attempt to make Himself known to the wicked.

Revelation 11:10 And those who dwell on the earth will rejoice over them, make merry, and send gifts to one another, because these two prophets tormented those who dwell on the earth.

People rejoice over their dead bodies, party, and exchange gifts, just as in the days of Noah.  They will see God's power and know He is the one true God, but still they do not accept Him and stand in defiance.

God bless