• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I wasn't sure where to put this so I'm putting it here bc this has been bothering me since Sat. I have a bunch of medical problems so I try to maintain a relationship with a private pharmacist. I've mentioned this man before, he's not the greatest guy in the world but neither is he a monster. He's supposed to be a personal friend. We got to know each other in 2012 after the Sandy hurricane destroyed his store. I helped him put it back together, that was how I got to know him. He has 3 kids the youngest of which is 6 yr old girl who has Hypoglycemia. There isn't much the docs can do for this, basically they hope she will grow out of it. On Sat I asked him how she was. The hypoglycemia is ok but then he said she's still very small for age. Just so you know, her mother is also kinda short maybe 5'2" and he's about 5' 10". He then made a comment that it bothers him that this daughter is small. I'm not a parent but I love kids and if I was a father the last thing on my mind would be the height of my 6 yr old daughter. I guess you can say this man is a strange duck. It bothers him that his daughter is short and that's bothering me. He also once told me he hates people who get sick and yet he became a pharmacist. He did admit to me his father pushed him into being a pharmacist. So ok, he hates people who get sick which is why he treats me so badly bc I've been sickly since I was 5, but now I find out he dislikes his youngest daughter bc she's short and "kids will always pick on her". I told him kids pick on each other no matter what, they all do it.

At this point in my life my whole life is about God. I guess it always was I just didn't know. This fascinates the pharmacist but it also bothers him. He's a nominal Jew, he talks about God during the holidays but then he likes to pretend God doesn't exist. That doesn't work when dealing with me. Maybe this is another reason he gives me a hard time. 

It's just blowing my mind that he dislikes his daughter bc she's short and probably always will be. If I was her father I'd be concerned about the hypoglycemia, not her height. Does this make sense to anyone bc it doesn't to me?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.14
  • Days Won:  78

3 hours ago, JTC said:

I wasn't sure where to put this so I'm putting it here bc this has been bothering me since Sat. I have a bunch of medical problems so I try to maintain a relationship with a private pharmacist. I've mentioned this man before, he's not the greatest guy in the world but neither is he a monster. He's supposed to be a personal friend. We got to know each other in 2012 after the Sandy hurricane destroyed his store. I helped him put it back together, that was how I got to know him. He has 3 kids the youngest of which is 6 yr old girl who has Hypoglycemia. There isn't much the docs can do for this, basically they hope she will grow out of it. On Sat I asked him how she was. The hypoglycemia is ok but then he said she's still very small for age. Just so you know, her mother is also kinda short maybe 5'2" and he's about 5' 10". He then made a comment that it bothers him that this daughter is small. I'm not a parent but I love kids and if I was a father the last thing on my mind would be the height of my 6 yr old daughter. I guess you can say this man is a strange duck. It bothers him that his daughter is short and that's bothering me. He also once told me he hates people who get sick and yet he became a pharmacist. He did admit to me his father pushed him into being a pharmacist. So ok, he hates people who get sick which is why he treats me so badly bc I've been sickly since I was 5, but now I find out he dislikes his youngest daughter bc she's short and "kids will always pick on her". I told him kids pick on each other no matter what, they all do it.

At this point in my life my whole life is about God. I guess it always was I just didn't know. This fascinates the pharmacist but it also bothers him. He's a nominal Jew, he talks about God during the holidays but then he likes to pretend God doesn't exist. That doesn't work when dealing with me. Maybe this is another reason he gives me a hard time. 

It's just blowing my mind that he dislikes his daughter bc she's short and probably always will be. If I was her father I'd be concerned about the hypoglycemia, not her height. Does this make sense to anyone bc it doesn't to me?

It not only bothers me that he 'dislikes' his daughter because she's short (did he actually tell you he dislikes her?) but it also bothers me that you could call someone who treats you badly a friend.  I guess I'm not understanding why you would open yourself to abuse.  Someone who does that is NOT a friend, they're an abuser.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, JTC said:

He is shallow and very insecure. He does not sound like a very happy person. He needs prayer. That he will ask Jesus Christ into his life to be his Lord and Savior. I think that you are justified in your concerns JTC and you are a caring and sensitive person and I respect that. :)

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

7 hours ago, JTC said:

I agree with the two ladies on this one, this fella has some issues and definitely needs prayer.  I can't fathom how any father could not adore his child, but there are some very disturbing people in this world.  Personally I would seek out a different pharmacist and just pray for him, but that's me.

God bless

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, wingnut- said:

I agree with the two ladies on this one, this fella has some issues and definitely needs prayer.  I can't fathom how any father could not adore his child, but there are some very disturbing people in this world.  Personally I would seek out a different pharmacist and just pray for him, but that's me.

God bless

I would seek out a different pharmacist as well. My trust in this guy would be gone.

He's not a friend but he was supposed to be. One of his partners was a hindu man who converted to Christianity. He met me after the storm and when he heard I'm a Christian he said Good maybe I can help him convert Ray. How do I convert a man who dislikes his daughter bc she's short. From what I've seen the whole family is not tall. He is weird. I use his store bc it's right outside my door and I have a problem walking more than a few 100 feet. I felt better after I made this post. I needed to get this off my chest. Thanks.

Guest BacKaran

My nephew was 8 but I thought he was four! He was very small for his age... Diagnosed with heart problem, got it corrected and grew like a weed... But if she's short, she's short. He does need The Lord.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

are we not called to also show love to what does not seem lovable?

Matthew 5:44

Love Your Enemies
43You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.…

Luke 6:27-36King James Version (KJV)

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

13 hours ago, BacKaran said:

He does need The Lord.

I think so too. So even if I didn't need his pharmacy I'd probably go in there and speak to him anyway. On some level he knows he needs God, but he's 45 and he loves his sins. He's not ready to give them up.