Science is not evil or of the world...

72 posts in this topic

I don't understand why so many Christians and other believers are so against science and math. They are the fabric of our universe. They explain why our universe and world, our own bodies operate the way they do. There's nothing evil and worldly about it. Science and math are one of the beautiful languages of God. What's evil is when atheists take God out of science and math and believers take science and math away from God. The two go hand in hand.

.You sort of answered your own question/ dilemma:

10 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

I don't understand why so many Christians and other believers are so against science and math. ...

There's nothing evil and worldly about it.  ...

9 minutes ago, Allroses48 said:

What's evil is when atheists take God out of science and math and believers take science and math away from God. The two go hand in hand.

.The carnal, worldly system takes God out of everything.  Thus,  that's what's evil.

When Believers understand all things as and from God, as He grants truth and true understanding,  that's good, as He Says.

If Beleivers do like the world does,  and take God out,  then that's not so good anymore.

Science and math are not of the world though. They are simply tools to understand the mechanisms of our universe. People constantly say to me if you rely on science to explain things you're being worldly. Did God create science and math? Yes. How do we know that? They are literally the building blocks of all energy and substance. So if I want to understand a complicated matter, why wouldn't I turn to science to see if it can explain the mechanisms of that problem? Since when is turning to science not turning to God? Didn't he say he created the universe? So why wouldn't I want to understand the mechanics of that creation? 

If all men obeyed and trusted God,  that would be at least possibly true.

Since most men disobey God, do not trust God, and willfully disobey God, that's not true.  

The world systems are not in line with God's Word , and do not seek to be.

Thus,  even what the world teaches is leading away from God,  and denying His existence most of the time,

and denying His Word/ denying His Authority all the time.

Science and math do not deny the existence of God though. It's atheist scientists etc that do that. 

2 hours ago, Allroses48 said:

Science and math do not deny the existence of God though. It's atheist scientists etc that do that. 

Maybe I can give a perspective from my vantage point [as an atheist].   What I have seen is that there are some Christians who don't completely reject scientific claims that the Universe is 13.7 billion years old etc, but since we can't jump into a time machine we can't ultimately conclude this is the case with 100% certainty.   To agree with the scientific claims that the Universe is old would be to cause them stress over their understanding of what the Bible is telling them about the heavens.  

Now as a soft atheist I don't need a time machine, I'm comfortable with the rationale behind an ancient Universe.  Some Christians are as well but they will obviously have a different view of Genesis than mainstream Christianity has today.  

3 minutes ago, Bonky said:

Maybe I can give a perspective from my vantage point [as an atheist].   What I have seen is that there are some Christians who don't completely reject scientific claims that the Universe is 13.7 billion years old etc, but since we can't jump into a time machine we can't ultimately conclude this is the case with 100% certainty.   To agree with the scientific claims that the Universe is old would be to cause them stress over their understanding of what the Bible is telling them about the heavens.  

Now as a soft atheist I don't need a time machine, I'm comfortable with the rationale behind an ancient Universe.  Some Christians are as well but they will obviously have a different view of Genesis than mainstream Christianity has today.  

I guess I have a different view of Genesis. 

4 hours ago, Allroses48 said:

I don't understand why so many Christians and other believers are so against science and math. They are the fabric of our universe. They explain why our universe and world, our own bodies operate the way they do. There's nothing evil and worldly about it. Science and math are one of the beautiful languages of God. What's evil is when atheists take God out of science and math and believers take science and math away from God. The two go hand in hand.

Beautifully said.  I couldn't agree with you more.

1 hour ago, Bonky said:

Well put.

Posted (edited)

What if science tells you have just acquired or born with a disease that has no cure. Jesus said we can ask Him all things.

Now a real life example that occurs relatively often:

The world speaks through its news channel (TV, internet, etc..), announcing a brand new pestilence. That you should go and seek vaccination as soon as possible or you possibly will die.

Many people go desperate, not knowing what to do... Some don't sleep well if they can not get their vaccine, these kind of things.

But Jesus said:

"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?" - Matthew 6:25

Then we have science who tell you "we have no cure, no life", and the Lord who says:

"Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." - Mark 11:24

It seems like if science could give them all the cures, all the food, everything they need in this life to live worry-free they wouldn't care at all, especially those who are in the world. It would be like science was their god or something like it.

Remember, with Jesus Christ we have eternal life; His love, power, and glory is infinite, He's greater than all.

Things of this world, desires of the flesh are temporary, and they're scheduled for complete destruction.

"He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him." - John 3:36

I believe science has its place, but it is just a tool to get the job done. And just as any tool, it can be used for good and evil; then we need to use it appropriately.

The problem starts when we trust more in science than God.

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2