Science is not evil or of the world...

72 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Enoch2021 said:

I asked you: "How did Plank contribute, specifically?"

You then post a "link"??

This article says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about Planck contributing to gr. :rolleyes:   Probably why you just posted a "link", right?

From the article:

Planck was among the few who immediately recognized the significance of Einstein’s 1905 Special Theory of Relativity, and he used his influence in the world of theoretical physics (he was president of the newly formed German Physical Society from 1905 to 1909) to ensure that the theory was soon widely accepted in Germany, as well as making his own contributions to extending the theory. After Planck had been appointed dean of Berlin University, it became possible for him to call Einstein to Berlin and to establish a new professorship specifically for him in 1914, and the two scientists soon became close friends and met frequently to play music together.

If you want exact details then I'm sure you can research that.  I feel that I'm showing that those two collaborated and Planck indeed supported GR.  

20 hours ago, Enoch2021 said:

Goodness Gracious, sir.  Now a "WIKI link"... with special relativity no less. smh

If you can find false statements go ahead.  Until then instead of just rejecting the source because it's a wiki article...how about reading it?  Especially the parts that talk about Planck supporting Einstein and GR.

1 hour ago, Bonky said:

From the article:

Planck was among the few who immediately recognized the significance of Einstein’s 1905 Special Theory of Relativity, and he used his influence in the world of theoretical physics (he was president of the newly formed German Physical Society from 1905 to 1909) to ensure that the theory was soon widely accepted in Germany, as well as making his own contributions to extending the theory. After Planck had been appointed dean of Berlin University, it became possible for him to call Einstein to Berlin and to establish a new professorship specifically for him in 1914, and the two scientists soon became close friends and met frequently to play music tog

1.  Your claim wasn't about "sr" ...it was about Planck CONTRIBUTING to the "theory of relativity".  (Most think "GR" when you say "theory of relativity" and YOU even confirm as much below, TWICE!)

2.  What did he "contribute", specifically...?  Not playing music together. lol

3.   I already said Planck 'discovered' Einstein.

If you want exact details then I'm sure you can research that.  

You made the claim, "YOU" SUPPORT it.  It's not "MY" Job to Support "YOUR" Claims.

I feel that I'm showing that those two collaborated and Planck indeed supported GR.

Confirmed from above. 

How did Planck, "COLLABORATE" Now :rolleyes:... on GR ??  And not playing 'ditties' together, lol.

If you can find false statements go ahead.

Found a few:

a.  atheism is more viable than humpty dumpty.

b.  evolution exists.

c.  astronomy, astrophysics, cosmology, paleontology, anthropology, archaeology, evolutionary biology (lol), theoretical physics -- are "SCIENCES".

d.  2 + 1 = 5875

You need some more?

Until then instead of just rejecting the source because it's a wiki article...how about reading it?

Harvard Guide to Using Sources:

"There's nothing more convenient than Wikipedia if you're looking for some quick information, and when the stakes are low (you need a piece of information to settle a bet with your roommate, or you want to get a basic sense of what something means before starting more in-depth research), you may get what you need from Wikipedia. In fact, some instructors may advise their students to read entries for scientific concepts on Wikipedia as a way to begin understanding those concepts.

Nevertheless, when you're doing academic research, you should be extremely cautious about using Wikipedia. As its own disclaimer states, information on Wikipedia is contributed by anyone who wants to post material, and the expertise of the posters is not taken into consideration. Users may be reading information that is outdated or that has been posted by someone who is not an expert in the field or by someone who wishes to provide misinformation. 

(Case in point: Four years ago, an Expos student who was writing a paper about the limitations of Wikipedia posted a fictional entry for himself, stating that he was the mayor of a small town in China. Four years later, if you type in his name, or if you do a subject search on Wikipedia for mayors of towns in China, you will still find this fictional entry.) Some information on Wikipedia may well be accurate, but because experts do not review the site's entries, there is a considerable risk in relying on this source for your essays."

http://isites.harvard.edu/icb/ icb.do?keyword=k70847&pageid=i cb.page346376

Especially the parts that talk about Planck supporting Einstein and GR.

Your FIRST Claim was that Planck "CONTRIBUTED" to GR, not "SUPPORTED".

So, go ahead...?

regards