Waiting on God, Lost

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  419
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

What do you when everything you were accustomed to is slowing disappearing or ending badly? You ask God what are my next steps but you receive silence. 

Thoughts come in: Did God stop with me? Am I unfixable? Did I cause everything I know to vanish?

Feeling lost and abandoned. Stuck in an unknown state.

Any ideas?

Anyone else ever felt this way? 

6 hours ago, Yowm said:

JOB

JOB does fit the topic and is inspirational, but I was hoping for something more real, relatable to copeing with today.

Some can read scripture and not relate because they can not equate the character in scripture with themselves.

I know many who feel like Well I'm not Job, David nor Jesus. So why would God expect this of me to be as them.

So scripture would actually make the individual feel like more of outcast from God than as one of his children.

I was hoping maybe someone could answer not just by Word but by experience through the presence of God in their lives. 

Surely as individuals anointed, understanding and followers of Christ, we should be able to explain in a more realistic and relatable understanding.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.24
  • Days Won:  115

I had dry spells before when I wasn't hearing His guidance.  It lasted a while, but when it was over, I noticed my faith was much stronger and my strength in Him multiplied.  Even is the drought, we can find a reason if we stand firm and wait.

Guest bonnieschamberger

yes that horrid in between place...neither here nor there...been in it for a few years and the whole time when I press and press ..He says "Be still and know that I am God"...its very hard to be in that place where you lost alot ..and even though its not your fault ..everyone is looking at you like "do something"..."do more"...and you get from God "Be still and know that I am God"....but its a little sweeter now because Im so much more sensitive to His voice His touch on my life ...so I still shed plenty of tears but I have to say I love where I am with God...He has had to teach me who is God ...He has had to teach me to let go ...honestly I always wanted someone to love me that way to force me to ...even if I had to go through all this to do it....Im so sorry youre going through this ..I wish I had something better but I wanted to show you I relate

Edited by bonnieschamberger
add

6 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Job was a truly realistic experience, totally relevant for every time, culture and persons.

For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
(Rom 15:4)

...but hey, it's your choice.

I get what you're saying.

When I seek answers sometimes it is not only for myself. I no others who are going through similar situations as I am but I still going through it myself fall short of being able to explain what scripture says. Not that I don't get what is intended but how to get these other individuals who have not gotten into scripture because they feel it does not pertain to them. They are not JOB. They haven't lived the life he has to be favorable to GOD so it does not relate to them. 

So even though the scripture is fruitful. It means nothing to someone who has not attempted to know God because they feel they are not worthy. Or the scripture just does not click the way it might with someone else. 

So should I just throw scripture at them and tell them well it works for me. How helpful is that.

1 hour ago, bonnieschamberger said:

yes that horrid in between place...neither here nor there...been in it for a few years and the whole time when I press and press ..He says "Be still and know that I am God"...its very hard to be in that place where you lost alot ..and even though its not your fault ..everyone is looking at you like "do something"..."do more"...and you get from God "Be still and know that I am God"....but its a little sweeter now because Im so much more sensitive to His voice His touch on my life ...so I still shed plenty of tears but I have to say I love where I am with God...He has had to teach me who is God ...He has had to teach me to let go ...honestly I always wanted someone to love me that way to force me to ...even if I had to go through all this to do it....Im so sorry youre going through this ..I wish I had something better but I wanted to show you I relate

Thank you! This is something I can relate to. One I don't feel alone in my feelings and two through your actual experience I can see my story. This is how I try and relate to my friends and yes scripture comes up and definitely can make better sense of it than I can but some people just need to feel "okay so if so and so can make it than so can I."  Leading by Spirit not just by word but word can back up and enhance. I try and take in multiple views from people. Just as the NT is written from multiple accounts. Multiple views or experiences just make a situation more realistic and relatable.  

Edited by notsolostsoul

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

In the OP I thought you were referring to yourself.

I never  meant having having God's Word thrown at anyone including yourself, but God's Word rightly handled and placed does wonders in helping a wounded soul.

It does apply to me. I am going through this but I know others who are to. So while on my journey I try and bring others along. However where I will sit and speak with God, research word and read my Bible others choose not to. So I don't want them to stay away from God but at least reintroduce and let them know. Yes we are not Job or David or Jesus but he works with me as he did them and as he will you (meaning my friend). So scripture doesn't work alone I have to try and break it down to something we both can understand and hopefully that will lead them to not being afraid to reconnect with God. 

So if I can understand it I am better equip to explain it.

I think a lot of people who know scripture expects other to just know it. Yet many are just coming into it and look to the more experienced to be able to break it down to them. Isn't that the point of fellowship?

Sorry if my OP wasn't clear.

Guest bonnieschamberger

yes exactly in the very beginning of all this when I was going through my divorce God led me to two divorce support groups that were through two different churchs and I am so thankful that He pushed me even though I was thinking" sigh...this isnt gonna help" but it absolutely did and I also went and got books of stories who also went through divorce and that helped me.

39 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I guess there is 'knowing' Scripture and just 'parroting' it. Those that know Scripture should realize, as you say, that others are at various stages in their growth. I hope I didn't come off as a 'parrot' lol.

At first yes. Only because you wrote Job. However I didn't really explain what I was hoping or looking for. It is all good because good fruit is coming out of it anyway. Thank you.

Guest Judas Machabeus
1 hour ago, notsolostsoul said:

JOB does fit the topic and is inspirational, but I was hoping for something more real, relatable to copeing with today.

Some can read scripture and not relate because they can not equate the character in scripture with themselves.

I know many who feel like Well I'm not Job, David nor Jesus. So why would God expect this of me to be as them.

So scripture would actually make the individual feel like more of outcast from God than as one of his children.

I was hoping maybe someone could answer not just by Word but by experience through the presence of God in their lives. 

Surely as individuals anointed, understanding and followers of Christ, we should be able to explain in a more realistic and relatable understanding.

Kinda related but not at the same time so I hope there's something of value in what I'm about to share. 

I get what you're saying about having trouble going to scripture and not relating. 

My brain is not wired in a  Philosophical way. So when I think about God and what he is or heaven and what it is. Or even more what the transition from physical death into eternal life will be like. It does't make sense to me and doesn't seem real to me. 

BUT my brain is wired in a very logical sense. I know there was a man named Jesus. A real living breathing human being, who also claimed to be this God. He performed miracles, and started a movement that he unltimately died for. These are all historical facts. After he was crucified and was buried, his body went missing. His believers claimed he rose from the dead. This is recorded in scripture, Latin historian (his name escapes me) and the Jewish historian Josephus. At that time false messiahs were poping up all the time. Their leader would killed and the folllwers dispersed. Again scripture and non scriputre accounts of this happening. Jesus's followers didn't disperse. Not only did they not disperse but their numbers grew faster than the persecutions could kill them. 

For me it's all about Jesus, I believe he is who he says he is. I can use logic, reasoning and facts to lay out my case of Jesus. He said he is God, so I trust that there is a God. I can't understand it, or even wrap my brain around the idea. But I can wrap it around Jesus and I trust in him. 

So the point of all my rambling is, you need to find how you connect with God. We can all share our ways of doing it. But we are not you and you are not us. Keep reading what people share. You never know when the Holy Spirit will hit you with that holy 2x4. Again don't fall into dispare .

one more quick story. Most of my life was spent as the prodigal son. But I never lost my faith in God. I may not have been living my life in away that glorified Him. But I know he was always there and always looking out for me. When ever I was in financial dire straights and truly needed money either for bills or food. He always found a way to get it to me. And I don't mean money magically appeared. But unexpected over time would sudden be available. Or my father would ask me to help him out with a building project and shoot me a few bucks. I had to work for it, but it would always show up exactly when I truely needed it. 

I'm not sure how helpful this rambling was. But don't dispare. 

Cheers and God Bless